Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I received the lunch/dinner Polaris menu ex-Europe/UK for February 2022:

Salad
  • Field Greens w/ fennel and orange
Main Course
  • Grilled beef tenderloin
    • Bearnaise sauce, roasted root vegetables and oven roasted fingerling potatoes
  • Mediterranean chicken breast (PP choice 1)
    • Couscous with almonds, raisins and apricots and butternut squash tajine
  • Buffalo mozzarella panciotti (PP choice 2)
    • with marinara sauce and roasted tomatoes
Pre-arrival
  • Pizza Margherita w/basil
  • Herb & Citrus Cous Cous
Hope I'm not nitpicking your transcription, in the event you're having to retype these— do they actually spell couscous two different ways (second one a bit questionable) on the same menu?
SPN Lifer and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
Hope I'm not nitpicking your transcription, in the event you're having to retype these— do they actually spell couscous two different ways (second one a bit questionable) on the same menu?
they don't have menus.
Nitpicking? nah.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fumje
I’ll check!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
IAH-GRU
UA62

Boeing 777-200
Meal: dinner, breakfast

Dinner choice of: beef short ribs, salmon, or pasta. Salmon below. Dessert was salted caramel gelato.

Breakfast, only 1 choice: quiche.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:08 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Dessert was salted caramel gelato.
I didn't see the gelato in your photo. Is that because they served it afterward (as they should) instead of putting it on the same tray as the rest of the meal?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
I didn't see the gelato in your photo. Is that because they served it afterward (as they should) instead of putting it on the same tray as the rest of the meal?
They gave me the dessert mid-meal, so I guess slightly better than being on the same tray.
Unimatrix One likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
They gave me the dessert mid-meal, so I guess slightly better than being on the same tray.
It seems to vary, sometimes it comes on the tray, sometimes later, Doesn't really matter much to me when I get it, Sometimes, its rock solid, sometimes its a milk shake, when I get it doesn't seem to affect that. Either way, it's still the same economy ice cream.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: UA
Excellent JNB catering

188 to JNB, standard affair, breakfast was nicer than main IMO

Midflight sandwich

Econ meal

Crew notice I liked econ food and brought me a snack bag

187 from JNB had excellent food, easily best I've had, on par with Japanese option ex-NRT. Great crew as well, many were last minute subs due to noreaster storm

Main options were lamb, fish, veg Malay curry; lamb was excellent, like most lamb in ZA
Breakfast was kebab+eggs or pancakes+no meat, I think it was beef kebab, cooked medium-also excellent

Lamb

Midflight
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Amex Platinum
First UA flight overseas

I'm def new at posting but here goes. Great crew so far and the dinner was legit good. First Polaris leg in my travels… thanks to all of you that have made my travel better. Champagne is Nicolas. You don’t know who you are but you know who you are. Thanks for motivating me!

How do u post pictures?

Last edited by BOSskier; Feb 3, 2022 at 4:46 pm Reason: Way I can post images?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
IAH-GRU
UA62

Boeing 777-200

Dinner choice of: beef short ribs, salmon, or pasta. Salmon below. Dessert was salted caramel gelato.

Breakfast, only 1 choice: quiche.
Thanks for this. I am flying IAH-GIG this coming week, will likely get the same but will report back. How was the food at Polaris lounge in IAH by comparison?
10pm flight. Should I just eat up at the lounge and sleep on the flight?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by vivrant
Thanks for this. I am flying IAH-GIG this coming week, will likely get the same but will report back. How was the food at Polaris lounge in IAH by comparison?
Do both!

David
vivrant likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by vivrant
Just do both. Food is food and enjoy all of it. Also from the time you would eat in the Polaris Lounge there would be around 2 hours to the meal you'd get on the plane.
vivrant likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: united
Just in general, if you can sit down and eat at a Polaris Lounge (not the buffet, but the restaurant), that's going to be far better than what you get on a plane. So I'd eat at the lounge and get more sleep on the plane.
SPN Lifer, marks88, st530 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 6, 2022 at 12:56 am Reason: Discuss the issue, not the poster
Old Feb 6, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
United food in the plane is still disappointing at best.

Since I won’t be flying as much due to covid. To maintain status I had to choose UA1/2 over SQ33/34. Price difference was $150.

Sad breakfast.

I forgot to take dinner picture

Even SQ service has cut back since covid. It was still proper 4 course meal with appetizer, main, dessert and small plates.

Dinner was one pieces of salmon (while tasty), small Asian salad, and a tiny mango ice cream. Acceptable to a premium or economy meal.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:05 pm

GRU-EWR
UA148

Boeing 777-200

About GRU, I was not aware that the *A lounge turned into a contract lounge. Definite a downgrade in terms of food and service. Amex lounge at GRU was also very crowded as usual.

Dinner was choice of "beef, chicken, or fish". That's what the FA said, no description or anything. Chose beef (below)

Skipped breakfast since I was disappointed with dinner and I also wanted to maximize sleep.

I also got some handwritten cards in the last 2 of 4 flights. At the end of the flight the purser came by and gave me a card. Previously, on a LAX-IAH flight, I also got a card from the captain. Nice touch I guess.
Xyzzy, seanp7, MatthewLAX and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.