2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
That too.
I’m flying Polaris internationally departing July 31st - technically arriving August 1st - will my family and I be subject to the same fate lol ??
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
That too.
Roasted cauliflower and fruit salad with almonds, dates, sultanas, apricots, and grapes should never be combined in the same bowl.
Buster, rch4u, seanp7 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
I’m flying Polaris internationally departing July 31st - technically arriving August 1st - will my family and I be subject to the same fate lol ??
Yes, even if August menu features a new salad, the July menu will run though 23:59 local time on 31 July.
AustinWeatherGuy likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
I just returned from an FRA-IAD flight and I had the halibut which was very good. Perfectly cooked (not overcooked) and the sauce was good. The cauliflower was interesting.....

My son had the chicken which was very very dry but he ate it. Didn't eat the rice or whatever starch came with it.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
UA 79 - EWR - NRT - July 1

No PDB and no menus - I just couldn’t choke down another Beef, fish or veggie plate - so I asked for an economy meal - this is the four cheese chicken with quinoa dish with a non cauliflower salad - definitely better than the normal chicken…. Pre arrival meal was the puck of quiche…

Truly as underwhelming as always…

Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
UA 79 - EWR - NRT - July 1

No PDB and no menus - I just couldn’t choke down another Beef, fish or veggie plate - so I asked for an economy meal - this is the four cheese chicken with quinoa dish with a non cauliflower salad - definitely better than the normal chicken…. Pre arrival meal was the puck of quiche…

Truly as underwhelming as always…

Did your spouse accompany you? If so, what did she think of the service?

David
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by DELee
Did your spouse accompany you? If so, what did she think of the service?

David
My wife was already home here in Japan - she took ANA - you can imagine her food was a bit better - as was her seat (the room)…
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
My wife was already home here in Japan - she took ANA - you can imagine her food was a bit better - as was her seat (the room)…
I just realized the codeshare air fare on NH and UA are about the same on US-Japan flights, so it looks like NH is on the card for me on the next trip.
bmwe92fan and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: UA Gold
Flying Munich to Houston right now, and surprise, they’re walking around with a bread basket (seeded, ciabatta, and pretzel assortment). Baby steps…

The roasted halibut was a small portion but actually quite good, as was the sauce. I ate around the cauliflower. Gosset champagne. Never had it before - not bad at all. I did pass on the Gambino sparkling wine PDB lol.

For dessert, they offered cheese and crackers, sundae, or cheesecake. As you can see, I went with the cheesecake.

Last edited by COA777; Jul 2, 2022 at 6:11 am
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by mh3265a
I just returned from an FRA-IAD flight and I had the halibut which was very good. Perfectly cooked (not overcooked) and the sauce was good. The cauliflower was interesting.....

My son had the chicken which was very very dry but he ate it. Didn't eat the rice or whatever starch came with it.
Agreed on the halibut with the arrabbiata sauce. Just had it myself and I would definitely recommend.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Here is the menu ORD-LHR. The crew was all very junior. No PDBs. No refills. They stayed in the galley the entire flight. I went up and asked for a drink at one point. I opted not to have dinner as none of these choices sounded appealing in the slightest. I asked for a snack box and they told me that they were not catered on this flight. Dessert was not offered. A few pax asked but most just went to sleep. I asked for the egg custard tart and was told that they didn't have any more (yet I didn't see any served).

The Apple Ricotta Crepes were good before landing but oddly they're served with two sides of yogurt. One in a bowl and one packaged cup.

The flight attendant working the other aisle was asking passengers for their first three choices. In my aisle, the male FA was asking for two regardless of status. He was happy when I said I was not eating as he said they were catered with only a few fish, a few short rib, and mostly the fennel flan croquettes. The snack basket had Cheez-Its, gummy bears, and almonds. Pretty sad overall. I was talking with another GS as we were deplaning and he said that the GS program is so bad now. He is switching to Emirates for international travel.

IndyHoosier and gioannis13 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by COA777

For dessert, they offered cheese and crackers, sundae, or cheesecake. As you can see, I went with the cheesecake.
How was the cheesecake?

David
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:26 am
HAF

Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I was talking with another GS as we were deplaning and he said that the GS program is so bad now. He is switching to Emirates for international travel.
Hopefully when a lot more leave United (...which i doubt it will happen) then they might get the message of how sad their premium cabins have become and there might be change.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
FCO-EWR 6/20 - had the short rib - was fine, edible but a little dry. Wife had the Provence herb chicken which she said was a hockey puck. Is no printed menus a thing now? The FA was super great but was really struggling to explain all the details of the 4 options/available drinks - took an eternity to take orders when she had to explain the menu 30x to all the rows of business
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by DELee
How was the cheesecake?

David
Good. Probably would have been better if it was a bit less chilled, but I’d order it again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.