2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Old Jun 28, 22, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal View Post
OH NO! My ZRH - ORD flight in October leaves at 9:50 AM. Bummer. Will the FA's microwave a slice of pizza if I bring one on board??? (just kidding) . . . . . Sorry to hear about VS although I did notice one male FA on my flight a few years back with the really tasty food, who spent nearly the entire flight chatting with a couple of women. There was an 'seat' - like an ottoman, that he sat on. Blocked the way to the lav.
UA12 ZRH-ORD actually has lunch as the first meal instead of breakfast/brunch. Maybe the cutoff is 9:45 instead of 10, or this flight has some sort of exception that makes it lunch instead of brunch.
Old Jun 29, 22, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by greenpau View Post
This is one of the new revised options for Brunch flights departing before 10am from Europe. Agree that the portions are minuscule - wasn’t sure where the other half of the wrap had gone.

Encourage you to write in with your photos - it actually helps them go back to the vendor.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to write into United with feedback.

Now that I think about it I wonder if they gave everyone a half portion so they didn't run out of the burrito? The options on the flight were a coconut chia smoothie, french toast, or breakfast burrito. I suspect the breakfast burrito was the most popular option so do you think it's possible they were like let's just give everyone half and then we have enough for the full flight? Unlikely but only thing I could think of

Last edited by TravelSeason; Jun 29, 22 at 6:26 am Reason: Forgot to quote
Old Jun 29, 22, 6:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by TravelSeason View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to write into United with feedback.

Now that I think about it I wonder if they gave everyone a half portion so they didn't run out of the burrito? The options on the flight were a coconut chia smoothie, french toast, or breakfast burrito. I suspect the breakfast burrito was the most popular option so do you think it's possible they were like let's just give everyone half and then we have enough for the full flight? Unlikely but only thing I could think of
Pretty sure that the standard serving for the burrito option is just the half. I recall seeing it before.

Just United being cheap.
Old Jun 29, 22, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Aeroplan 50K, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've written to UA about my flight on 6/15 and provided info on the food quality/quantity(sent them the pics) and service issues. No reply yet....

Last edited by Acid; Jun 29, 22 at 9:02 am
Old Jun 29, 22, 8:51 am

Programs: United, Southwest
Thanks for the info on UA12! It's a slightly longer flight than the GVA - EWR. Maybe that's the reason!
Old Jun 29, 22, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I can confirm no changes to Polaris menus in July from June.
Old Jun 29, 22, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
Did UA state they would change monthly, or did I/we infer that based on the fact that we've seen "June 2022" printed on some of the menus?
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jun 29, 22, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Great news - that just means it can't be worse than June.
Buster, seanp7, MatthewLAX and 8 others like this.
Old Jun 29, 22, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
Did UA state they would change monthly, or did I/we infer that based on the fact that we've seen "June 2022" printed on some of the menus?
Historically, the menu changed slightly every month (difference sauce on the short ribs, different fish type or pasta type). Hopefully Polaris won't be like domestic where the menu changes once every six months now...
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Jun 29, 22, 1:16 pm

Historically, the menu changed slightly every month (difference sauce on the short ribs, different fish type or pasta type). Hopefully Polaris won't be like domestic where the menu changes once every six months now...
I thought I had seen a photo of the FA meal service guide showing a label of alternating months, like Jun/Aug/Oct. It seemed a little bit of a strange way to cycle, but I guess that didn't mean anything, if I am even remembering it correctly.
Old Jun 29, 22, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje View Post
I thought I had seen a photo of the FA meal service guide showing a label of alternating months, like Jun/Aug/Oct. It seemed a little bit of a strange way to cycle, but I guess that didn't mean anything, if I am even remembering it correctly.
UA schedules Polaris meals on the following cycles:
  • Cycle 1: January/May/September
  • Cycle 2: February/June/October
  • Cycle 3: March/July/November
  • Cycle 4: April/August/December
That's why we traditionally saw the same items/sauces/sides appear every fourth month.

But with the recent menu changes, this no longer appears to be the case.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 29, 22, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Just the mains? Or do we face another month of the weird Cauliflower thing as well?
WheelsUpGal likes this.
Old Jun 29, 22, 1:24 pm

UA schedules Polaris meals on the following cycles:
  • Cycle 1: January/May/September
  • Cycle 2: February/June/October
  • Cycle 3: March/July/November
  • Cycle 4: April/August/December
That's why we traditionally saw the same items/sauces/sides appear every fourth month.

But with the recent menu changes, this no longer appears to be the case.
Ah thanks, it may have matched that. And so then in effect they just made cycle 3 cater the same as cycle 2 now.

I would prefer monthly rotation, but oh well.
Old Jun 29, 22, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
Just the mains? Or do we face another month of the weird Cauliflower thing as well?
That too.
AustinWeatherGuy likes this.
Old Jun 29, 22, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Silver
For July, can we just have the edible egg white bite / sausage breakfast for all flight times, all times of day? UA's "All Day Breakfast"...
VRFast likes this.

Search this Thread