2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Old Jun 15, 22, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
On eastbound flights to Europe, there is a different menu (same as premium transcon)
Did you mean that, on eastbound flights,: 1) Polaris and PE have different menus, and 2) Polaris menus are the same as premium transcon menus?
Old Jun 15, 22, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sfvoyage View Post
Did you mean that, on eastbound flights,: 1) Polaris and PE have different menus, and 2) Polaris menus are the same as premium transcon menus?
1) is correct. 2) is not: PE menus, not Polaris menus, are the same as premium transcon menus.
sfvoyage and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Jun 15, 22, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sfvoyage View Post
Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
1) is correct. 2) is not: PE menus, not Polaris menus, are the same as premium transcon menus.
dkc192 is correct. PE has premium transcon J/PE menu on eastbound flights to Europe (and all outbound flights from USA)
Old Jun 15, 22, 5:28 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I had the plastic flavored regular chicken breast on EWR-SFO last Saturday but what's more interesting was the crew's attitude. Before saying anything else at all, his first interaction was merely "are you having lunch?". I was like not if you have an attitude! "sure"!!
Everything about United's soft product is becoming so bad that makes me wonder if AA or UA deserves the bottom
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Aeroplan 50K, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Flew LHR-EWR yesterday, doesn't look like anything changed since June 1. Entire meal served at once. No menu, no explanations. No bread choice (the one provided was stale). Chicken was hard and tasteless. I asked for water and was told used the bottle we gave you at boarding(which I had finished).
No pre-prepared sundae. Pre-arrival meal was again tasteless, no beverages offered, no coffee/tea. Really poor service.
Attached Images   
DALtoAAL, ichigen and gioannis13 like this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 9:21 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Flew LHR-EWR yesterday, doesn't look like anything changed since June 1. Entire meal served at once. No menu, no explanations. No bread choice (the one provided was stale). Chicken was hard and tasteless. I asked for water and was told used the bottle we gave you at boarding(which I had finished).
No pre-prepared sundae. Pre-arrival meal was again tasteless, no beverages offered, no coffee/tea. Really poor service.
I'd be asking for compensation.

Was it a US crew or LHR based? Only the UK crews seem to be halfway good these days.
PACLipper, MatthewLAX and Dyce like this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Aeroplan 50K, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer View Post
I'd be asking for compensation.

Was it a US crew or LHR based? Only the UK crews seem to be halfway good these days.

Looked like US based crew. I had my late lunch in the SQ lounge @ LHR which was decent(Mee Goreng & Nasi Lemak) - so It was okay to skip both meals onboard. United lounge at LHR was crowded and the food didn't look that great(of course, it has a great bar(
Old Jun 17, 22, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL (Gallium Guest List), QRPC Molybdenum, Skywards Zirconium
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Same meals on LHR-ORD on Sunday, I had the fish (halibut) instead - it was actually really tasty and flaking apart / moist, the rest of the food was dire though. No menu cards, dessert was a small tub of cheap ice cream, stale bread, the cauliflower mush with grapes is one of the weirdest things Iíve ever been served on plane. I boarded too late to get a PDB but think others did get one, at least.

Returned on ORD-LHR last night - catering pretty similar, no menus again, nice fish but everything else a bit questionable. No PDB at all for anyone on last nightís UA938 either. Service was Ö. abrupt. Whilst the cabin on LHR-ORD was spotless, there was food and crumbs all down the side of the seat on ORD-LHR, so I guess thereís that if youíre still hungry. OT, but whilst the Polaris seat was nice for the day flight with great privacy, I really didnít like it for the overnight ORD-LHR - itís very cramped in lie flat if you are over 6ft and I found it too hard as a side sleeper. These were my first two flights on UA, letís say Iím not super keen to repeat it any time soon. Managed to make BA seem very competitive which is quite an achievement.

LHR-ORD main (halibut)

LHR-ORD pre-arrival meal (I think it was described as ďcous cousĒ, didnít really eat as totally tasteless)

ORD-LHR main meal (Turbot); I skipped breakfast as Iíd had my fill of UA catering
Acid and goodeats21 like this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 12:29 am

June 12, 2022
UA838 NRT - SFO

No Menus, but the Purser did come around to each seat to best explain the options and take orders.
A basket of snacks was offered at one point during the flight, but never came back around and I didnt see any snacks available in any of the galley areas during the flight.
FAs were around during meal service, but after that I rarely saw them walking through the cabin until around breakfast. Anytime I needed a drink I had to go find an FA, but once found they were polite and quick to attend to you.
This was a night flight, so they may not have wanted to disturb passengers.

PDB - Champagne, Flat

Once in the air, drinks with warm nuts (No Glenfarclas Scotch available)

Dinner - Beef Option. Slightly overcooked but still flavorful. Bread rolls were served warm.

Desert - Ice Cream (served rock hard but softened after a bit of warming)

Breakfast (Quiche)
Old Jun 18, 22, 2:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
Ice cream sundae, cheese plate and a desert pastry/cake were offered, but one can only pick one out of three unlike pre-Covid when one could pick all three.
Is that really a Covid vs. pre-Covid thing though?
I always thought this was a grumpy FA vs. good FA thing?
Old Jun 18, 22, 1:17 pm

EWR-CPT 17 June

Had enough lounge food so can't comment on the mains, but the printed menu shows some interesting options.

No PDB. No printed wine list

Breakfast offering (at 1800 local time) was slightly different than the menu. I had a poached egg with bacon which was alright and I actually had to add salt lol

Crew was very friendly and there was someone regularly patrolling the aisle throughout the entire flight (when in was awake) making themselves available for requests.

Having flown many different premium products recently I was girded for the worst with the Polaris experience but I was pleasantly surprised. Guess it helped to keep my expectations low as advised by others

PACLipper likes this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by YYCCL3 View Post
EWR-CPT 17 June

Had enough lounge food so can't comment on the mains, but the printed menu shows some interesting options.

No PDB. No printed wine list

Breakfast offering (at 1800 local time) was slightly different than the menu. I had a poached egg with bacon which was alright and I actually had to add salt lol

Crew was very friendly and there was someone regularly patrolling the aisle throughout the entire flight (when in was awake) making themselves available for requests.

Having flown many different premium products recently I was girded for the worst with the Polaris experience but I was pleasantly surprised. Guess it helped to keep my expectations low as advised by others
Was this EWR-CPT or CPT-EWR? By your post title and comment about breakfast at 1800 local time, I suspect it's the former, but the menu you pictured is for South Africa - USA flights. And what's with only three entree choices instead of four?
Old Jun 18, 22, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
Was this EWR-CPT or CPT-EWR? By your post title and comment about breakfast at 1800 local time, I suspect it's the former, but the menu you pictured is for South Africa - USA flights. And what's with only three entree choices instead of four?
EWR-CPT. The menu card did state on the bottom ex-SA but I overhead other passengers ordering the Cape Malay chicken. Who knows.
Mark Abdy likes this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 4:19 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Muc-sfo 6/18

No menu card just basic descriptions by the FA for all meals and no drink cards or PJís. But the staff was amazing and the food was better then ok.

Lunch was shortrib, fish (no idea), veg baked potato dish or chicken with risotto (my choice).

Pre-arrival meal Cous cous or burger. The burger was baked in a puff pasty and it was delicious BTW. I could have had 2 or three of them.

Gross gross salad 🤮

Killer burger
PACLipper likes this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by rkaradi View Post
... The burger was baked in a puff pasty and it was delicious BTW. I could have had 2 or three of them.

Killer burger

If that's the same burger wellington as usual, it's definitely not puff pastry. Not even melted puff pastry. Maybe some sort of brioche like bread

Search this Thread