Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by econ
Isn't that UAs version of a croissant?
It sure is. And it is unlike any other croissant I have ever eaten. I guess they are just relying on the shape, hoping folks won't notice that it isn't a real croissant. even the Pillsbury refrigerated stuff is better.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 1kBill
It sure is. And it is unlike any other croissant I have ever eaten. I guess they are just relying on the shape, hoping folks won't notice that it isn't a real croissant. even the Pillsbury refrigerated stuff is better.
I was going to say, the United "croissant" is a croissant in name only!
wrp96, BlueSky72 and econ like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by Dyce

All I’ll say is that it definitely wasn’t Kobe beef 😁

New amenity kit - hard sided but will easily crush due to cloth hinge / zipper

Decent flight - FA’s were good but disappeared immediately after service. No IFE or free messaging the entire flight. Purser announced we’d get a compensation email but nothing so far. (I’ve received these before landing in the past). No greeting from purser (not even sure who the purser was!).

Salad/appetizer was a step up, but I found the FA offering/showing me a tray of 3 desserts a little weird. Had the cheese plate which was probably the best part of the meal. I usually skip breakfast & this flight was no exception…

Status not recognized / not addressed by name but that’s not an issue for me. (Nice when it happens, but rarely happens. In fact the only time I consistently get thanked for being GS is when I enter UC’s/PL’s.)

No priority baggage tags in CMH for over a month now…
That beef looks a bit grim and overcooked and the sides don't help; however, the salad with salmon looks decent as you mentioned. Kind of sad to not have priority tags at a station - are they really that hard to get?

United should rotate back in some soup-oriented entrees as they cover a lot of the problems that United clearly has in catering.

On the plus side, some of the other pictures shared look promising!
ll22949 and Flyerholic like this.

Last edited by CApreppie; Jun 11, 2022 at 1:48 pm
Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I agree. It honestly looks like a Delta meal.
After Kirby finds out, I'm sure he will put a stop to this madness.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
This actually looks decent for a breakfast offering - you received cereal AND crepes?
Yes I was offered two options, this or eggs & bacon. I was asked for priority one and two in case my first choice ran out.

​​​if I'd only gotten half of what I received eg crepes OR cereal I'd have been very dissatisfied.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: UAL 1k, AA Gold, Delta Silver
Long haul flight

On my CPT-EWR flight on June 9 (read: 9 days into June) the advertised improvements in service were a bit hit or miss.
No printed menus.
First drinks round came with a bag of nuts (granted, we were at an outstation, plus, they were a local brand so I’m not necessarily complaining on that front).
No drink refills offered.
Dinner (salad, roll and main) was then served on a tray, no drinks offered with dinner ( fortunately I was still nursing my large G&T). I’m probably biased but my beef tenderloin was clearly local beef and it was cooked to perfection. The side salad was fresh and generously topped with shaved Parmesan.
Crew brought the three Desserts on a small tray and asked you to pick - I had the ice cream. I miss those sundaes!
Missed any in-between snacks due to sleep, but saw some small wrapped sandwiches in the galley during a bathroom break.
Crew were mostly absent during the sleep portion of the flight - I had to walk to the very front to find someone for a cup of tea, but it was cheerfully delivered to my seat.
Breakfast was pro-actively offered as people awoke. I chose the egg dish specifically because it came with actual bacon and not the turkey abomination we are always subject to. Sadly, the bacon was overdone, but edible

Breakfast

In all, the food and service were OK. But it was great to have the direct flight option rather than the circuitous routing through Europe.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:05 pm

SFO to NRT on June 11

Warm nuts and drink service followed by salad and main meal on a tray. No menu and no pajamas.

Dessert selection included egg tart, ice-cream, and cheese plate. I selected the sundae and asked the purser if I could have the egg tart as well if they have extra after serving others.

the most disappointing part was the snack option between the two meal services. No hot snack was offered and there was only three unattractive options in a basket. The crew was very nice to serve coffee a few hours before breakfast.

The overall catering quality is really underwhelming on long haul united flights. It really made me miss my food and services on my last SQ flight earlier this year...
ichigen and gioannis13 like this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:59 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by contractor
Yes I was offered two options, this or eggs & bacon. I was asked for priority one and two in case my first choice ran out.

​​​if I'd only gotten half of what I received eg crepes OR cereal I'd have been very dissatisfied.
??? If there were only two choices, and you state your first choice, why would there be a need to specify the other one as second choice?
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by vict209130
Warm nuts and drink service followed by salad and main meal on a tray. No menu and no pajamas.

The overall catering quality is really underwhelming on long haul united flights. It really made me miss my food and services on my last SQ flight earlier this year...
Based on your pic, pre-departure is the cheap Chenet sparkling wine. After take-off, is it still Gosset champagne?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by Dyce

menus are back!!! 🙄
good thing is now we have the instructions to see what the FAs SHOULD Be doing in the galley before they come out.

do we get to send it back if it looks wrong? “This doesn’t look like what I ordered”.
BlueSky72 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueSky72
On my CPT-EWR flight on June 9 (read: 9 days into June) the advertised improvements in service were a bit hit or miss.
No printed menus.
First drinks round came with a bag of nuts (granted, we were at an outstation, plus, they were a local brand so I’m not necessarily complaining on that front).
No drink refills offered.
Dinner (salad, roll and main) was then served on a tray, no drinks offered with dinner ( fortunately I was still nursing my large G&T). I’m probably biased but my beef tenderloin was clearly local beef and it was cooked to perfection. The side salad was fresh and generously topped with shaved Parmesan.
Crew brought the three Desserts on a small tray and asked you to pick - I had the ice cream. I miss those sundaes!
Missed any in-between snacks due to sleep, but saw some small wrapped sandwiches in the galley during a bathroom break.
Crew were mostly absent during the sleep portion of the flight - I had to walk to the very front to find someone for a cup of tea, but it was cheerfully delivered to my seat.
Breakfast was pro-actively offered as people awoke. I chose the egg dish specifically because it came with actual bacon and not the turkey abomination we are always subject to. Sadly, the bacon was overdone, but edible

Breakfast

In all, the food and service were OK. But it was great to have the direct flight option rather than the circuitous routing through Europe.
what’s the lounge situation like at CPT? Looks like I’ll have to stuff my face before hand
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Texted to me from colleague, Europe-EWR inbound “Brunch” main meal tray this week. Make sure to grab a snack in the lounge 😯

Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
The United Diet...
DALtoAAL and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:58 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by greenpau
Texted to me from colleague, Europe-EWR inbound “Brunch” main meal tray this week. Make sure to grab a snack in the lounge 😯
That fruit bowl!!!
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Based on your pic, pre-departure is the cheap Chenet sparkling wine. After take-off, is it still Gosset champagne?
Yes, ex-US. For to-US, seems like the Champagne brand can vary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.