Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Originally Posted by seat38a
So the days of using Japanese tableware for Japanese food on routes to Japan is dead?
And the days of getting the full Japanese meal, including sake, continue to be dead? Sigh.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by big V
And the days of getting the full Japanese meal, including sake, continue to be dead? Sigh.
Has been gone since at least the pandemic began...not sure it will ever come back.
cczzll likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I don't see any ex-CDG reports in this thread yet and I'm thinking of booking CDG-EWR soon. Should I expect the same as ex-LHR?

I'm guessing there won't be much in the lounge.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stimpy
I don't see any ex-CDG reports in this thread yet and I'm thinking of booking CDG-EWR soon. Should I expect the same as ex-LHR?

I'm guessing there won't be much in the lounge.
Yes, same as ex-FRA or LHR for lunch/dinner.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trust77
These are from my flights this past weekend. Food was good. I wish the galley attendants would make the appearance a little neater, but small things to be concerned with. Very nice to relax in the Polaris Lounge and enjoy almost the full Polaris experience as it was pre pandemic.

UA 837 SFO-NRT
Tried something different this time and went with the pasta option and then the frittata for pre arrival
I had an identical meal a few months back on SFO-JFK in biz. It does not look very appetizing but ended up being just okay.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by big V
Fortunately not dead on UA codeshare partner NH, where the meals are basically the same as pre-COVID.
Dyce likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Fortunately not dead on UA codeshare partner NH, where the meals are basically the same as pre-COVID.
Yep, as far as I can tell the only COVID cutbacks on NH are half-bottles of Krug (instead of full-sized bottles) and pre-packaged oshibori (instead of cloth towels). I do hope the Japanese meal eventually returns to United. I always thought the legacy-UA Japanese meal was the best quality and plating of all the U.S. legacy carrier's Japanese meals.

-FlyerBeek
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Has been gone since at least the pandemic began...not sure it will ever come back.
A girl can dream....I really used to enjoy that meal on the IAD-NRT flight.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dkc192
Yep, that frittata (I think it's "officially" called a kale and egg puff pastry or similar--there's definitely puff pastry in there) is easily the best UA breakfast I've had in the past several years.
Originally Posted by seanp7
Agreed! Go the frittata. Had it Dec 29 EWR-GRU:
Enjoyed it on several flights as well - except for the sweet, sugary sausage links. I hate those!!!
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
BOM-EWR UA49
Long Range Modified Boeing 787-9 Seat 9L
1/25/22
Meals: Dinner, Breakfast

Ok I lied about last week’s flight being the last, now this will officially be the last india Polaris flight for a while (I think).Very Last second work trip to Mumbai outbound was in Y since J and O was full so no pics. Plus the Y food to india was way tastier than the J food I had few weeks ago ex-EWR no joke!

Dinner, chicken option is still the way to go by far. It was every bit as good as last week. The chicken was served in the aluminum cup compared to last time where it was directly in the plate itself. Daal (yellow cup of spiced lentils) and Bhendi (Okra in the back) were also quite good for standards of a U.S. airline serving Indian food. Well done UA.

now since there was a little bit of confusion last time, I decided to take the pictures as soon as I get the tray to show what it looks like right when it’s given to me. As you can see everything is packaged like this and not served directly on the tray linen.

slept through mid flight snack bc 22 hour work day + usual BOM 4 security checkpoints nonsense before getting on this plane

breakfast I went with the same egg option though this time I decided to have coffee voluntarily for the first time ever on a plane just to try to tell myself I’ll like it this time and nope….no clue how you guys do it. So I just asked for OJ again.

eggs were standard bland eggs potatoes still good and spinach still good. Muffin is sweet and tasty and fruits are fresh and crisp:

on another note the purser was absolutely amazing on this plane. Can’t say his name apparently for FT rules but he was awesome. Wrote me a personalized note on the back of his business card and handed it to me at the end of my flight which I’ve never had in my life since I’ve only been Gold and now Plat. I thought that was a 1K or GS thing but I wouldn’t know of course.

But yeah that’s it.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
CDG-EWR featured steak and eggs for breakfast which was pretty good and the second service had what they called a Wellington cheeseburger which was not so good. Or a couscous dish which was probably worse.

Around 3:30pm Euro-time I asked them to open the whiskey bar and they laughingly served me a double Buffalo Trace cocktail. Good crew overall.

Oh, and they did have a sparkling wine PDB. They called in Champagne until I had to correct them.
MatthewLAX and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by stimpy
CDG-EWR featured steak and eggs for breakfast which was pretty good and the second service had what they called a Wellington cheeseburger which was not so good. Or a couscous dish which was probably worse.

Around 3:30pm Euro-time I asked them to open the whiskey bar and they laughingly served me a double Buffalo Trace cocktail. Good crew overall.

Oh, and they did have a sparkling wine PDB. They called in Champagne until I had to correct them.
Sounds like the same "snacks" that were served on MUC-IAD the other day. The sauce with the coucous was more flavorful than the Wellington, but both weren't awful on our flight.

Funniest bit was that the FA on my side of the aisle correctly referred to the PDB as sparkling wine, but on my wife's side the FA was serving "champagne."
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
UA932/JAN22 IAD-FRA, 763, United Polaris

My first ever United flight in Polaris business class was a mixed bag. The seat and amenity kit were top notch, service mediocre although I have to give credit for the F/A keeping my wine class full with very generous pours. Since the menu cards have been removed for our safety, the selection was given "beef, fish, or pasta"-style. I had the beef which was very fatty short rib. Edible but forgettable as was the breakfast. Would I fly United Polaris again? Yes, if the price is right.

Dinner, short rib with mash, mozzarella salad, ice cream

Breakfast, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, yoghurt
flyingrohit likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
UA932/JAN22 IAD-FRA, 763, United Polaris
Out of curiosity would you happen to be returning in Polaris? And if so, will it be in January or in February? Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Out of curiosity would you happen to be returning in Polaris? And if so, will it be in January or in February? Thanks!
Nope, sorry!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.