Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
That chicken breast (if you can call it that) meal from Jan. 9th was tragic. The ones posted afterwards seemed an improvement to me. It is always catering and choice roulette. I think stick with fish if one likes fish is what I take away.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by CApreppie
That chicken breast (if you can call it that) meal from Jan. 9th was tragic. The ones posted afterwards seemed an improvement to me. It is always catering and choice roulette. I think stick with fish if one likes fish is what I take away.
Don’t expect anything edible ex-EWR is my take away. 😀
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by halls120
At least you didn't get a miniature chicken breast.
Originally Posted by CApreppie
UA throwing India routes under the bus as usual. Is it sad that I’m dying to have some of these other meals that other markets get that I’m seeing on this thread?
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Yesterday's LHR->EWR flight had a separate, first course with beverage of choice along with warm mixed nuts. FA's took carts down the aisle, which I hadn't seen in years...literally. Anyone else seeing this now? Possibly it was just some initiative from a stellar crew, as they were very service oriented throughout.

Will try to post some pics later.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Yesterday's LHR->EWR flight had a separate, first course with beverage of choice along with warm mixed nuts. FA's took carts down the aisle, which I hadn't seen in years...literally. Anyone else seeing this now? Possibly it was just some initiative from a stellar crew, as they were very service oriented throughout.

Will try to post some pics later.
Hope its a new trend. But if it's just initiative from a stellar crew, they're probably already fired
goodeats21 and JimInOhio like this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:28 am

BOM-EWR UA49
Long Range Modified Boeing 787-9 Seat 7L
1/18/22
Meals: Dinner, Snack, Breakfast

Dinner was choice of Chicken, Vegetarian, or lamb, the dinner options were detailed by MatthewLAX late in the Lets eat 2021 thread (somewhere after December 24th).

I asked for chicken but they gave me the vegetarian option. Paneer (thing in the bigger aluminum cup) wasn’t too bad it was decent. Dal aka lentils (thing in the smaller aluminum cup) was tasty and heat which I really loved.

now the FA who was working my aisle, I asked him if I could have the chicken before I ate any of the vegetarian dish because it definitely wasn’t chicken. The FA said that this was the chicken and that *I was wrong*. I just said “ok no worries” in the moment but buddy I’m Indian I think I know the difference between Paneer and chicken by eyesight alone better than any staff working the flight.

mid flight snack was a choice between a veggie roll and a mozzarella and tomato sandwich: below is the veggie roll: tasty and with some heat from masalas which was great.

Now I approached an FA who I thought I could actually have a conversation with And showed him the internal menu (shoutout MatthewLAX) and pointed out each item in the description and showed the vegetarian picture and he agreed. I asked if I could eat the chicken as well and he happily gave me one.

this entire dish was awesome. The chicken(not exactly a methi chicken Like the menu says) was delicious and flavorful with some heat. The Bhendi (Okra) was also delicious and so was the dal again. Anyone flying out of India, after having had all 3 dishes; this is by far the best way to go.

breakfast was the same Mysore masala dosa or eggs and I went with the latter. It occurred to me while eating this dish that this is the exact same main I got served in Premium plus on this route maybe late 2019/early 2020. But potatoes were quite nice, eggs bland, mushrooms bland, spinach nice and healthy. Fruits were crisp and fresh, overall a nice breakfast.

And that’s it
Xyzzy, IndyHoosier and greytop13 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
BOM-EWR UA49
Long Range Modified Boeing 787-9 Seat 7L
1/18/22
Meals: Dinner, Snack, Breakfast

Dinner was choice of Chicken, Vegetarian, or lamb, the dinner options were detailed by MatthewLAX late in the Lets eat 2021 thread (somewhere after December 24th).

I asked for chicken but they gave me the vegetarian option. Paneer (thing in the bigger aluminum cup) wasn’t too bad it was decent. Dal aka lentils (thing in the smaller aluminum cup) was tasty and heat which I really loved.

United really needs to bring back how Continental used to serve Indian Meals in Business First. Not my personal picture but its probably about as close to a Thali there has ever been on a US carrier. PS the chicken dish does look delish!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 18, 2022 at 1:15 pm Reason: Please selectively quote long posts for the sake of those with small screens
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I'm glad my menus came in helpful. The chicken does look really delicious! Welcome back to the USA @flyingrohit.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I'm glad my menus came in helpful. The chicken does look really delicious! Welcome back to the USA @flyingrohit.
Where can ne find said menus?
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Where can ne find said menus?
Ask and it shall be given.
stanj likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:16 pm

Welcome back to the USA @flyingrohit.
This hits different after everyone around me was dropping left and right with omicron and I was concerned about my own test result for entry, but that’s all I have to say about don’t wanna run too off the thread
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Ask and it shall be given.
asking...
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
asking...
What route?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
What route?
Hopping on the bandwagon here, if you have ZRH-IAD for February, that would be great!
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ETA: You asked for February, not January. February menu has not been finalized. Will update when finalized. Could well be a carryover from January.

Originally Posted by dkc192
Hopping on the bandwagon here, if you have ZRH-IAD for February, that would be great!
January 2022 Menu
  • Beef tenderloin
    • Bernaise sauce, oven roasted fingerling potatoes, roasted carrots, celery and parsnip.
  • Smoked paprika chicken
    • Couscous with almonds, raisins and apricots, butternut squash tajine
  • Buffalo Mozzarella Panciotti
    • with tomato sauce and roasted tomatoes
All served with mixed nuts in porcelain ramekin, salad (mixed greens, mango), individually wrapped bread, dessert

Pre-Arrival:
  • Wellington burger: beef patty wrapped in pastry dough
  • Herb & Citrus Cous Cous w/ Mediterranean Grilled Vegetables with pesto sauce
(same menu for all UK/Europe lunch/dinner departures in 1/22)
Xyzzy, dkc192, artvandalay and 2 others like this.

Last edited by MatthewLAX; Jan 18, 2022 at 10:32 pm Reason: Wrong month...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.