Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by CMK10
UA 1791 LAS-ORD 1420-1955 777-200 HD

PDB of Water or Proseco

Still wish there would be at least a pack of nuts with the cocktails

The usual options of Zatar Chicken or Impossible Meatballs. My first time having the meatballs and they were really bland. I did like the cheese appetizer at least.
wow … the cheese appetizer is new ! It appears to replace the fruit bowl
dw likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
10/1 UA 422 EWR-SFO 6:30pm departure

Choices of chicken breast or Veggie Ragu. Asked to hold the entree until mid-flight and request was accommodated. Chicken breast is not bad although pretty boring without much flavor, sometimes they have ample sauce to help, this one was quite light on the sauce. Roll was not warmed. No nuts either.

Interested in trying the Veggie Ragu and request was accommodated as well. Surprisingly tasty with good flavor. Probably better than the chicken breast unless you were craving meat.

Seconds of the chocolate chip cheesecake was tasty as well.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by econ
I haven’t seen the fruit bowl served on a non-breakfast premium transcon this year. Can’t recall if this was a thing last year or year before.

But no, I wouldn’t.
My last four flights have had the fruit bowl for lunch or dinner flights non-transcon.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
wow … the cheese appetizer is new ! It appears to replace the fruit bowl
Indeed it was much more conducive to a lunch flight

Originally Posted by kmersh
My last four flights have had the fruit bowl for lunch or dinner flights non-transcon.
I had the fruit bowl on IAD-SFO two weeks ago.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CMK10
Indeed it was much more conducive to a lunch flight

I had the fruit bowl on IAD-SFO two weeks ago.
Were you upgraded or did you have to buy up?

Notice the new dishes - I've seen more of these lately, but no memos that the dog-like casserole dishses are being phased out.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by econ
I haven’t seen the fruit bowl served on a non-breakfast premium transcon this year. Can’t recall if this was a thing last year or year before.

But no, I wouldn’t.
Just had the fruit bowl yesterday as part of the dinner tray yesterday (LGA-DEN), same thing the week before (ORD-IAH), etc. The fruit bowl along with the zataar chicken, has not changed in recent months. No issues with the fruit bowl, but the main entree is just sad at this point; especially when other carriers are constantly rotating their menus.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
Just got off a IAH-EWR lunchtime flight on the Dreamliner. had the Impossible meatballs with the new cheese appetizer instead of the fruit. Definitely more filling but the mozzarella is pretty low grade and it's fairly bland. Needs some balsamic drizzle. I guess it's a step in the right direction though. Now UA just needs to update their main course options.

Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by VWang1111
...Chicken Pad Thai which is pretty good....
????
That's not what any version of Pad Thai looks like. Wok-prepared. No broth.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:52 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by elbombo
Just got off a IAH-EWR lunchtime flight on the Dreamliner. had the Impossible meatballs with the new cheese appetizer instead of the fruit. Definitely more filling but the mozzarella is pretty low grade and it's fairly bland. Needs some balsamic drizzle. I guess it's a step in the right direction though. Now UA just needs to update their main course options.
It’s nice that it’s a change from the fruit bowl, but frankly it looks pretty sad. Couldn’t they have at least drizzled some olive oil on it?
elbombo likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: MP Silver
Originally Posted by elbombo

those look like the same slices of mozz they used to serve as a PM hors d'oeuvre at the united club before the pandemic
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've taken a punt and ordered the Asian Vegetarian for SFO-EWR and EWR-SFO this coming week. Just hoping for a meal with some kick rather than the relatively bland chicken/broccolini or pastas. Afternoon flights both, so "looking forward" to seeing what I'm surprised by. If anyone knows for a fact what I'm going to get, please do let me know in case I need to reverse my decision to gamble!
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I love fruit any time of day and find the fruit on UA to be ripe and delicious. Would it have killed UA to add the cheese while not taking away the fruit?!
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Yes, the same way it would kill them to bring back hot towels, warm nuts, rotating menus, breakfast breads, and real desserts ...

Amusing response from 1KVoice: "Our Operations teams work to provide a variety of options for our passengers. It's important to us that you have delicious options, and that your first choice is available whenever possible."
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by rch4u
Amusing response from 1KVoice: "Our Operations teams work to provide a variety of options for our passengers. It's important to us that you have delicious options, and that your first choice is available whenever possible."
Yeah, that is not even closely from being practiced. You sitting in the last F row means you would get whatever it's left. Few FAs institute GS/1K prioritization.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by kmersh
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Just had the fruit bowl yesterday as part of the dinner tray yesterday (LGA-DEN), same thing the week before (ORD-IAH), etc.
Yeah, I was referring to lunch/dinner premium transcons.

I also got one recently on a dinner midcon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.