Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 9:15 am

EWR-SFO Aug 5th UA1257. Only two options, chicken or squash ravioli. Didn't get to choose a meal before departure.

Photo of an above mentioned Thai chicken rice noodles. For a second I thought that this would be the amazing chicken curry dish that used to be served in Polaris..... This just tasted ok, noodles were a bit mushy and at times it was hard to tell visually noodles from chicken. The bread roll was served wam.
Next time Ill get burger from economy.

Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by bodik
EWR-SFO Aug 5th UA1257. Only two options, chicken or squash ravioli. Didn't get to choose a meal before departure.

Photo of an above mentioned Thai chicken rice noodles. For a second I thought that this would be the amazing chicken curry dish that used to be served in Polaris..... This just tasted ok, noodles were a bit mushy and at times it was hard to tell visually noodles from chicken. The bread roll was served wam.

Entree looks gross. Seems like they could at least start plating the cheesecake.
ezefllying and airkapper like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by COA777
Entree looks gross. Seems like they could at least start plating the cheesecake.
The other option served is the Polenta Raghu which looks equally if not more disgusting. Fortunately it has some flavor and spice. I thought the wide bodies would start getting the preorder option in August…

And on a related note, noticed a new glass used for drinks, and it seems like it is plastic, though didn’t feel flimsy. This is the glass used with meal service and not the flimsy plastic cups used for PDB. Forgot to take a photo, but anyone else seen it? Or was it a mis-cater?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Entree looks gross.
Yep, it's been the same tired options on this route for going on two years now.

Seems like they could at least start plating the cheesecake.
Or better yet, bring back the sundaes.
COA777 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by bodik
I had one around 2 hours ago via preorder. I submitted my preorder before it went down; FA says the preorder function is back.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
As it appears Polaris menus/meals are being significantly upgraded - at least anecdotally thus far, let’s hope domestic meals follow suit soon thereafter. Better quality, more frequent rotations, please!
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Silver
Sitting in row one DEN-DSM UA465.
​​​​​​PDB offered was only water and it seemed like the large tray of water for the 12pax A319 cabin slowed down the boarding process compared to the old style order what you want PDB. Also, not too many takers for just water at 17:00 on a Sunday. I will most likely jump ship to AA next year and that has nothing to do with booze.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
SMF-ORD morning flight, appears they catered almost all french toast. It was fine, but odd since I thought it should come with some syrup/sauce from other photos. The F staff was efficient and friendly. I heard that all but one of the FAs in the back were rather snippy.

Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
And on a related note, noticed a new glass used for drinks, and it seems like it is plastic, though didn’t feel flimsy. This is the glass used with meal service and not the flimsy plastic cups used for PDB. Forgot to take a photo, but anyone else seen it? Or was it a mis-cater?
On a UX flight last month the FA delivered my little wine bottle along with a stemless wine glass made of fairly heavy duty clear plastic.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by paule123
On a UX flight last month the FA delivered my little wine bottle along with a stemless wine glass made of fairly heavy duty clear plastic.
Was the bottom flat or did it have little arches? The glass I had was the later.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Was the bottom flat or did it have little arches? The glass I had was the later.
I think you're referring to these (sorry for the blur, the pre-departure beverage was not the object of the photo) - they are the Polaris PDB sparkling/water/OJ glasses. I'm going to go out on a limb and say mis-provisioned. But, just a guess.
Infinite1K likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:43 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Just had the eggs MCO-IAH and they were actually edible and tasted better than they looked. Person next to me had the waffles and they ate them all so presume edible there also.

A bit chintzy on platting with no salt or pepper (first world problems...) and no bread choice but the fruit, yogurt, and eggs were all fresh and good.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
The Crew Makes All The Difference

MIA-DEN
UA576 4-Aug
737-900 (nonER)
15:50 Departure, Dinner

We've all seen the Impossible Meatballs dish so maybe I'll just focus on how fantastic the service was. DEN-based cabin/flight crew and both the purser and galley assist were phenomenal. Greeted by name, thanked for my business and confirmed that my pre-order had been loaded (this actually worked just fine both DEN-MIA & MIA-DEN). I noticed that since this was an outstation, there were 2 choices compared to the 5 on the outbound from DEN. PDBs of sparkling or water offered once settled as well as the offer to hang my suit coat. The meal was perfectly fine. The portions were filling, the bread was warmed, the fruit was just the right amount. Multiple drink runs the entire flight - they did not hide in the galley after the service. Best part of the flight, about 90 minutes before landing, they came through the cabin with warmed Pie in the Sky cookies for everyone - reminded me of tulip UA mid-con flights when that was the standard (side note, the United logos were always placed facing me - which having been married to a flight attendant for 12 years is always noticed and appreciated). Many nice touches that made this a great flight home after a long work week.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by MarkyMarc
I think you're referring to these (sorry for the blur, the pre-departure beverage was not the object of the photo) - they are the Polaris PDB sparkling/water/OJ glasses. I'm going to go out on a limb and say mis-provisioned. But, just a guess.
The shape looks right, though the base is kinda of blurry. But makes sense. FWIW, it was a 77W, so I could see how the “glassware” was mis-catered. Ironically, no PDB was offered on this flight.
MarkyMarc likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
Originally Posted by paule123
I had the same thing out of IAH on a UX flight earlier this month. even asked for a real glass and was told they were running low on glasses. This was at the start of the flight so I assume it was a miscater on mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.