Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:01 am

My apologies. Wrong thread!
Old Jun 19, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by angetenar
In my experience, the meal that the website indicates more than 5 days out is usually not correct. I wouldn't worry about it yet.
Also, when i flew right at the beginning of June after the policy change, the website always said snack but snack in that case meant the meal. My take was they rolled out the catering changes so anything that was previously a snack (one of the sandwiches depending on time) became a meal but UA didn’t make updates to the website.
TriSeb likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Have to fly on 6/28, first time on UA F in years on a flight to California ex-ORD, seems like I should be expecting either the "real" or compressed chicken zaatar as my option? Maybe some fake meat meatballs if I am lucky?

How far in advance can one pre-order meals these days?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Have to fly on 6/28, first time on UA F in years on a flight to California ex-ORD, seems like I should be expecting either the "real" or compressed chicken zaatar as my option? Maybe some fake meat meatballs if I am lucky?

How far in advance can one pre-order meals these days?
Pre-order up to 5 days in advance if I recall correctly. You should have both options.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Did ORD-LGA-ORD this weekend. Outbound labeled “Snack”, return labeled “Food not available on this flight”.
Both ways we were served the “baggie”.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
IAH-CUN
6/15
Dinner flight

Aside from one of the sweatiest ground experiences known to man, as they pulled an AC swap and put us on a plane that had been baking in the Texas sun all day, on the ground they offered Kirby Bubbles or water. I was so parched I'd have beer bonged a bottle of Kirby Bubbles. Or at least tried.

Dinner was either the impossible meatballs or the "chicken." The impossible meatballs weren't great, I'd easily say this was a less tasty meal than the impossible meatballs I had on Delta a while back. I thought maybe I should have ordered the chicken, but both guys in the row behind me were complaining after the meal about how it wasn't good.

Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
The impossible meatballs weren't great, I'd easily say this was a less tasty meal than the impossible meatballs I had on Delta a while back.
I'm skeptical Impossible Foods makes a version only for Delta and a different one for United. I don't see the cost justification. I suspect UA and DL are paying cost or less and in return Impossible gets marketing and more bodies trying the food - it definitely is not in Impossible's interest to create a version people don't like - that would just cause people to not buy their food in the future - as in - I tried - didn't like it - won't do it again.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I'm skeptical Impossible Foods makes a version only for Delta and a different one for United.
I'd be equally skeptical of that too. Haha. But just for comparison, here is the Delta version which I had in March. Probably with the same ounces of fake meat just portioned into 2 vs. 3. The UA version felt a lot drier, maybe owing to how DL serves a healthy serving of pesto goop along with theirs

Old Jun 19, 2022, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
SFO-EWR. 10pm departure. Was given a PDB choice of champagne or water in a plastic cup. Choice of thai chicken noodle or butternut squash ravioli. The salad was pretty good, but the ravioli was bland, if a little sweet. The ramekin of nuts came with everything else; I'm assuming that was because of the late departure.

EWR-SFO, 4:45pm departure. Same PDB option in a plastic cup. Drink then came with the nuts before the meal.

I forget what the entrée choices were, but I went with the chicken. It was fine I suppose.

Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
MIA-EWR 20 June 900 am 738 seat 3B

PDB of water or OJ.

Breakfast was choice of eggs or waffle. Went with eggs. A pretty hearty portion and fruit tasted good. Drink offered premeal. Chose the bubbles which were much more drinkable than the last flight so I’m guessing a different bottle (took a photo of the bubbles on display while boarding).

Another great crew. Lead FA called me by name the entire flight and upon deplaning.

Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by char777
SFO-EWR. 10pm departure. Was given a PDB choice of champagne or water in a plastic cup. Choice of thai chicken noodle or butternut squash ravioli. The salad was pretty good, but the ravioli was bland, if a little sweet. The ramekin of nuts came with everything else; I'm assuming that was because of the late departure.

EWR-SFO, 4:45pm departure. Same PDB option in a plastic cup. Drink then came with the nuts before the meal.

I forget what the entrée choices were, but I went with the chicken. It was fine I suppose.

I initially saw that photo and thought "oh, they've restored first class meals to pre-pandemic standard" (which I remember back in 2017/8 got a lot of complaints on here when they cut back from the previous catering with ice cream etc) then I saw this was a premium EWR route
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:38 am

Any opinion on which is more filling: Impossible meatballs vs Za’atar chicken?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Out of SFO - you'd do much better with a Klein's Deli Sandwich. Skip the meatballs and chicken.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
I have had both now and I found the meatballs more filling than the chicken.
sltlyamusd, st530 and evol like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by kmersh
I have had both now and I found the meatballs more filling than the chicken.
Second.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.