Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by paule123
You should post your pic in the UA Frequent Flyer quiz but instead of where is this, ask WHAT is this? I've been watching the UA food threads and haven't seen anything like this. Something avocado in the base makes it green? Sour cream lumps? It's got broccoli in it? Red peppers and carrots on top? I'm struggling to figure out what food genre this fits into.
I would definitely categorize it as “savory,” and not “sweet.”
Old Jun 8, 2022, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SS255
I would definitely categorize it as “savory,” and not “sweet.”
I catergorize it as "United Airlines" food - currently a stand-alone food class.

All my experiences with United are fine on the ground and in the air - except for the current front-cabin dining.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
That seems like last year's announcement as it is saying only hub to hub flights of 800-1500 miles receive meals
that's true as I responded back to 1K Voice saying that I think they gave me last year's catering policy and they responded with:

I did some more digging and reached out to our Catering team. I found out that effective 1JUN2022, we expanded the Domestic First service with tray setup menu to all flights over 800 miles. However, I can confirm select IAH flights on June 3rd were downgraded due to operational challenges ramping up the new service offerings. The situation has been stabilized and we have resumed boarding the service now scheduled.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
That is certainly some mystery dish there that you ventured to eat.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kmxu
The RIC-DEN flight departed at 3:55 pm. I assumed that I got a snack service (Food: information is not available at this time according to App). There is no oven on UEX. The main dish was frozen and I had to wait for it to be defrozen. I was in survival mode; so I ate it. Whatever it was called (breakfast at dinner time or brunch service?) did not matter to me. 😂 🤪
This is such a mystery. I did some digging with my contacts in catering and nobody knows what this is!
SPN Lifer, rch4u, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
This is such a mystery. I did some digging with my contacts in catering and nobody knows what this is!
leftovers in the freezers from when UA stopped meals in 2020
jamiel and dw like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingrohit
leftovers in the freezers from when UA stopped meals in 2020
This thing looks like a spinach dip with veggies on top and two dollops of sour cream. I'm really curious what it is.
ll22949 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
DCA-IAH 9 June 448 pm 319 seat 2B

No PDB.

Beverage brought before main. Main was choice of chicken zatar (which I had pre-ordered but which FA seemed unaware) or chicken enchilada (possibly a mistake by FA; was it the cheese enchiladas)?

Zatar had quinoa despite the description of rice. Side (dessert?) of peach slices is an elementary school cafeteria embarrassment. Bread was not warmed.

PS - Ted Cruz in seat 7D

Last edited by st530; Jun 10, 2022 at 7:20 am
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pathetic bread roll and fruit cup. Entree looks...different.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
The entree doesn't look so bad, but the peach slices in a plastic cup placed in a bowl? That's insult to injury. The bowl is a reminder of what should have been.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:31 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Seeing no food EWR ORD but snack LGA ORD. Does anyone know if this is correct?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by CApreppie
The entree doesn't look so bad, but the peach slices in a plastic cup placed in a bowl? That's insult to injury. The bowl is a reminder of what should have been.
Agreed, I can look past the entree which does not look all that bad, but the peach slices should have never been offered in First Class.
CApreppie likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
SNA-IAH 6/9

The Chicken Zatar I had looks completely different.

unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Looks like authentic chicken breast👍.
How was it?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by st530
No PDB.

Beverage brought before main. Main was choice of chicken zatar (which I had pre-ordered but which FA seemed unaware) or chicken enchilada (possibly a mistake by FA; was it the cheese enchiladas)?

Zatar had quinoa despite the description of rice. Side (dessert?) of peach slices is an elementary school cafeteria embarrassment. Bread was not warmed.

img

PS - Ted Cruz in seat 7D
Looks suspiciously similar to the international economy meal chicken option last month, "tricolor vegetable quinoa skillet with fully cooked white meat chicken and queso fresco".

Thank goodness the chicken is fully cooked.
dw, st530 and wrp96 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.