Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by UAFAM

yeesh. Looks even worse this way. I’m not sure what was up with my breakfast this morning, but it’s pretty seriously terrible for a “premium” flight.
cczzll likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Can someone please post close-ups of the composite, compressed chicken meat to help us with our own personal detection, identification, and evaluation?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:55 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I noticed the composite chicken on my last LAX-EWR redeye...it just dawned on me. How sad United has done away with real chicken. Now I have my picture...

It is real chicken, supposedly, but has been frankensteined and molded into a breast piece shape. Same as chicken nuggets.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I have to say, maybe I'm just not a chicken connoisseur, but I can't say the processed breast really bothers me. It all tastes like chicken anyway, and the point is to put a decent sauce or marinade on it.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:10 pm

Ua528 ord-sfo.
Avoid the burger.

Luckily I doubled down on the spicy sausage in the Polaris lounge beforehand. I can strongly recommend that, unlike the burger....

the rest was so-so.
The glass on the tray remained empty; I wasn't offered anything to go in it....
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UAFAM
Do they give the same composite chicken to the flight crew as well or do they get the real chicken meat?
Crew gets the exact same meals as the passengers.
UAFAM likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
June 4, HNL-SFO

Options were white or red wine. Asking what kind they had got a repeat of "red or white". Thanks!
After finishing a glass of wine and asking for a refill, I was told "this is a different red wine than your last one". The secrecy continued.

Meal options were spicy crispy tofu or chicken katsu curry.

I found my meal to be mostly inedible save the guava cake and nuts.
The chicken was stringy and tough and what's with all the carbs? Rice, plus rice and breaded chicken, plus a roll, plus cake.
The worst item (to me) was the "rice balls" with mayonnaise - just awful. Can anyone tell me what it's supposed to be?

Anyway, here's how it looked:
Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
Can anyone confirm that cold meals are now served on UA Express flights over 800 miles? I traveled IAH-GRR on Friday on an ERJ175 which is well over 800 miles but yet was still offered the Revive snack box. That was all that was available for the entire first class cabin. I thought cold plates were supposed to be offered? Also, no real glasses either. Everything was in plastic cups. Maybe a miscater?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA
Anyone have any idea what is served on UA 1996, LAX-ORD, departing at 12:20 am and arriving at 6:16 am?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by elbombo
Can anyone confirm that cold meals are now served on UA Express flights over 800 miles? I traveled IAH-GRR on Friday on an ERJ175 which is well over 800 miles but yet was still offered the Revive snack box. That was all that was available for the entire first class cabin. I thought cold plates were supposed to be offered? Also, no real glasses either. Everything was in plastic cups. Maybe a miscater?
That is a miscater, he is imagine the regionals are still working out details about the meal changes.

Originally Posted by angetenar
Anyone have any idea what is served on UA 1996, LAX-ORD, departing at 12:20 am and arriving at 6:16 am?
Dinner. Chicken chunks with orzo or meatless meatballs.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by mongobot
June 4, HNL-SFO

Options were white or red wine. Asking what kind they had got a repeat of "red or white". Thanks!
After finishing a glass of wine and asking for a refill, I was told "this is a different red wine than your last one". The secrecy continued.
Best just to go up the galley after the meal service and ask to see the bottles, or better yet, take a picture. I've done that a couple of times just to know. BTW, they never have anything worth seeking. Probably the best I can say is that usually they aren't awful.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:06 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
June 4, HNL-SFO

If it's the same red that was served on transcon flights, it's a cabernet from Washington state, specifically from the Horse Heaven Hills AVA.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by PTahCha
If it's the same red that was served on transcon flights, it's a cabernet from Washington state, specifically from the Horse Heaven Hills AVA.

Actually that’s a nice AVA Ive had some nice wines from there before. It just pains me that the FA will only say red or white if I was the PAX I would say can you please show me the bottle please
artvandalay likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
June 4, HNL-SFO

Meal options were spicy crispy tofu or chicken katsu curry.

I found my meal to be mostly inedible save the guava cake and nuts.
The chicken was stringy and tough and what's with all the carbs? Rice, plus rice and breaded chicken, plus a roll, plus cake.
The worst item (to me) was the "rice balls" with mayonnaise - just awful. Can anyone tell me what it's supposed to be?

Anyway, here's how it looked:
You were on my flight ... you must have been in A Zone with me, as the nuts were placed on the tray versus served in advance. My spouse was seated in B Zone, and they got a cocktail and nuts, then the dinner separately. Yes, the service was not buttoned up in A Zone - very junior FAs from ORD. Slow to get started for no reason, single tray service, not proactive with refills. On top of that it was 2.5h late.

The pre-arrival snack was also humorous ... a package of nuts.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:07 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
UA Za'atar or Vegetable Slop

Just curious ... Does anyone like this slop? Every flight I am on seems to have these two choices and watching the cabin, most be passengers take a bite on toss it.

Can't wait for my sable fish starter next week in Polaris :O

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.