Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Jan 11, 22, 9:51 am

Programs: National EE, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold
IAD-MCO F Class Food?

In United first class IAD-MCO in a few weeks blocked at 2 hours 28 minutes 5:25PM departure, any food being served?
Old Jan 11, 22, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ryguy4690 View Post
In United first class IAD-MCO in a few weeks blocked at 2 hours 28 minutes 5:25PM departure, any food being served?
Should be a hot sandwich.
Old Jan 11, 22, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by grapkoski View Post
Should be a hot sandwich.
I just flew it Friday, and yes it was.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 11, 22 at 10:42 am Reason: cleanup after move; thanks for the link
Old Jan 11, 22, 10:14 am

Programs: National EE, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold
was there any other selections?
Old Jan 11, 22, 10:26 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Much better at Culver's.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jan 11, 22, 10:26 am

Programs: UA Global Services 2.9MM, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador (Lifetime Titanium) Elite
Originally Posted by rch4u View Post
All they are doing is serving Economy BOB in domestic First - so premium! The additional pre-order options are almost exactly the same as the Bistro on Board offerings:

Beatrix Market Mediterranean Grain Bowl
Beatrix Markets protein-packed grain bowl features bulgur, a black lentil and carrot salad, roasted zucchini and bell peppers and is served with a bright lemon vinaigrette

Classic Beef Butter Burger with Cheddar
Old fashioned cheeseburger with cheddar and pickles on a buttered brioche bun

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ng/bistro.html
More or less, although the Mediterranean Bowl in F has falafel whereas it looks like the BOB doesn't (burger looks exactly the same as BOB). Kinda hilarious (to me) that the other "new" option is the old veggie enchiladas.
Old Jan 11, 22, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
SFO - EWR and EWR - SFO last week, breakfast and dinner.

Breakfast + Snack

Dinner + Snack:

Breakfast was enjoyable as always, though a croissant instead of a roll would have been nice. Chicken + Polenta for dinner was fine and the nuts were warmed.
Old Jan 11, 22, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by ryguy4690 View Post
was there any other selections?
Only choice was between style of sandwich.

Tomato mozzarella as referenced in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33890053-post35.html

Or the same thing with a processed turkey and no tomato.

My companion didn't want the sandwich, so they brought her a tapas box from the back.
Old Jan 11, 22, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.8MM, Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780 View Post
Only choice was between style of sandwich.

Tomato mozzarella as referenced in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33890053-post35.html

Or the same thing with a processed turkey and no tomato.

My companion didn't want the sandwich, so they brought her a tapas box from the back.
i often ask for a snack box (can take only so many sandwiches) and its never been a problem.
Old Jan 11, 22, 6:26 pm

Is anything served or Chicago (ORD) to Newark (EWR) first class, other than beverages?

I am more excited since this is a 777-ER (Polaris lie flat) for such a short sector! Hope there is not equipment swap!
Old Jan 11, 22, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by zoonil View Post
Is anything served or Chicago (ORD) to Newark (EWR) first class, other than beverages?

I am more excited since this is a 777-ER (Polaris lie flat) for such a short sector! Hope there is not equipment swap!
Usually just the baggie with a mini-water bottle, pretzels, and a stroopwafel🙄. Occasionally a snack box (no choice) will be offered. Enjoy the Polaris seat!
Old Jan 11, 22, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by tcdtcd View Post
Usually just the baggie with a mini-water bottle, pretzels, and a stroopwafel🙄. Occasionally a snack box (no choice) will be offered. Enjoy the Polaris seat!
thank you! And I think there is nothing on the Newark - Chicago leg as well even though 2hr 43min is blocked (I guess to account for the EWR tarmac traffic)
Old Jan 11, 22, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by zoonil View Post
thank you! And I think there is nothing on the Newark - Chicago leg as well even though 2hr 43min is blocked (I guess to account for the EWR tarmac traffic)
Yup - although Ive gotten the snack box offer more often westbound than eastbound. No very often in either case.
Old Jan 11, 22, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, AA Gold, Hilton Silver
Jan 10 10:15am DEN-MCO catering mishap. The lead FA announced to the whole F cabin that the meal was going to be like “astronaut food” and profusely apologized before we pushed back. She said there were catering issues in DEN and that the meal didn’t look good. Wasn’t sure what to expect so I got a snack box but my partner ordered the “pasta” as the FA was telling her “just eat what you want, there’s a cookie” etc. The meal consisted of penne with tomato sauce and basil along with quinoa (which was cold), beef jerky, a kind bar, almonds, and a cranberry cookie. My partner didn’t even eat the pasta as she thought it looked disgusting but I saw other pax have it though.

zeer0 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 22, 9:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
Gee, I wonder if they realized that the pasta was supposed to be served HOT and not just with whatever residual heat from the catering truck as it appears?

Search this Thread