Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
must be new, does not match the three prior snack boxes
It’s not new - it’s only for first class ‘snack’ - not for sale. Passengers and flight attendants have been complaining about it ever since it was introduced on 10/1. They are offered from line stations with no catering in the 801-1500 mile band.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Just received two boxes of the the best part of United catering.

Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Those were not the items.

Apple chips that were very sweet - ick on taste.
Some Apple and banana thing that was inedible.
Parmeson chips that were the only edible thing in the box.
Couple of other things I think.
I was an unfortunate recipient of this box Wednesday ORD-PHX. Opened it, looked at the contents (vile - other than the parm crisps), handed it back to the FA, and asked politely for a TakeOff box from coach, which I received.
Still a poor excuse for a 1440 mile flight snack, but best of a bad lot.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
Just received two boxes of the the best part of United catering.
So the Pie in the Sky can be put (with packaging wrapper) in an oven but not a microwave?

What about if opened to prevent steam build-up? Is this prohibition because the plastic melts in a microwave but not in an oven? Can anyone explain this?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
I was an unfortunate recipient of this box Wednesday ORD-PHX. Opened it, looked at the contents (vile - other than the parm crisps), handed it back to the FA, and asked politely for a TakeOff box from coach, which I received.
Still a poor excuse for a 1440 mile flight snack, but best of a bad lot.
There were no other options on my IAH-ORF flight. Pretty poor since the flight was from IAH.

The Revive box should disappear and never be revived again!
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:20 am

Anyone have any idea what to expect in F tonight on a 7:05 departure ORD-MIA?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Seeing that LAX is an attribute of this favorable news, do you guys think UA is being strategic? Been nothing but grub ORD-DEN/SFO lately. ORD-LAX is one of the very few major US city pairs with 3+ carriers non-stop. LAX is also the best UC in US when it comes to food, bar, terrace.
This was a pre-order choice, which is fairly common on domestic flights over 1,500 miles from ORD. Not LAX specific.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
So the Pie in the Sky can be put (with packaging wrapper) in an oven but not a microwave?

What about if opened to prevent steam build-up? Is this prohibition because the plastic melts in a microwave but not in an oven? Can anyone explain this?
Depends on the type of plastic. Microwaves can produce hotspots which get alot hotter than the oven. Even if it doesnt melt the plastic completely, it can leach chemicals out.
I've never had a "pie in the sky" so I don't know how wet it is, but I wouldn't think there would be that much steam coming out of a cookie-like object. Even if there was, the plastic will eventually open its own hole so that's not such a big deal.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 6:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
HNL to LAX UA 1221

PDB of OJ or water. Choice was between French toast and egg white bites with potatoes, sausages and some tomato sauce. Croissant yogurt and bowl of mixed fruit. I thought the egg whites were gone from the system but I guess not.

Warmed up packaged cookies before arrival. Also requested to buy snack box post meal service but FA did not charge me for it.

My mom and I split our mains so we had a more complete breakfast than one having nothing but sugar and carbs. Taste wasn’t bad honestly.

gioannis13 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by seat38a
PDB of OJ or water. Choice was between French toast and egg white bites with potatoes, sausages and some tomato sauce. Croissant yogurt and bowl of mixed fruit. I thought the egg whites were gone from the system but I guess not.

Warmed up packaged cookies before arrival. Also requested to buy snack box post meal service but FA did not charge me for it.

My mom and I split our mains so we had a more complete breakfast than one having nothing but sugar and carbs. Taste wasn’t bad honestly.

I like the combination of the Mind your own business eye shades and Takeoff snack box.

David
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Had the turkey sandwich tonight into LAS

Really good. Was piping hot. To the point it nearly burnt to the touch. Brought a bag of chips from the UC. Made it a decent dinner
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by seat38a

Were those the sausages that taste like they have a teaspoon of sugar in each one? They look slightly different...
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
SFO to HNL

SFO to HNL
UA 1275

Choice of Thai Chicken Curry, Cauliflower Croquettes with Orzo or Beef.

Tried the cauliflower option which was frankly awful. Tasted like the oven of the aircraft. Served with some too bitter to eat red cabbage and over cooked oily orzo. The Thai curry didn’t look as bad. I would’ve been happier with a tapas box or a Trader Joe’s microwave meal.

gioannis13 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by r_tsunami
SFO to HNL
UA 1275

Choice of Thai Chicken Curry, Cauliflower Croquettes with Orzo or Beef.

Tried the cauliflower option which was frankly awful. Tasted like the oven of the aircraft. Served with some too bitter to eat red cabbage and over cooked oily orzo. The Thai curry didn’t look as bad. I would’ve been happier with a tapas box or a Trader Joe’s microwave meal.
Next time make a pit stop at Klein's Deli - they never disappoint - I book via SFO on my way back to HNL just for this place as LAX has no decent options.
kirkwoodj and r_tsunami like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Next time make a pit stop at Klein's Deli - they never disappoint - I book via SFO on my way back to HNL just for this place as LAX has no decent options.
There are a lot of good options at other LAX terminals.

If the OP has *G, there is also *A lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.