Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Hilarious - that Air Mike food has not changed in decades.
SPN Lifer, trust77 and DJ_Iceman like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-MIA 7 April 733 am 319 seat 2B

PDB of water or OJ. The usual snack choices (breakfast croissant remains by far the best snack option currently on offer from UA at any time of day).

Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
Wide selection for pre-order on an upcoming ORD - SEA flight. what would you like to eat?

Roasted vegetable enchiladas with spanish rice and green chili sauce

Grilled chicken with Latin rice, green chile, corn and black bean salsa, chimichurri and cherry tomatoes​​​​​​​

Italian ragu with served with polenta​​​​​​​

Hearty grain bowl with Mediterranean vegetables and falafel​​​​​​​

Beef patty topped with smoky bacon, carmelized onions, creamy Grand Cru cheese and sweet barbecue sauce on a brioche bu
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by rajsbasi
Wide selection for pre-order on an upcoming ORD - SEA flight. what would you like to eat?

Italian ragu with served with polenta​​​​​​​
Wow so that's what the ragu + polenta is supposed to look like?
dw, elitefreak, DJ_Iceman and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Wow so that's what the ragu + polenta is supposed to look like?
mine looked close to that the one time I had it. Didn’t care for it

I definitely prefer the enchiladas. And haven’t tried the falafel bowl
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: None yet
What does the meal look like on p.s. red eye SFO-EWR 9pm departure? Will there be a pre-arrival snack?

Last edited by moyang_mm; Apr 8, 2022 at 10:40 pm Reason: grammar
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by moyang_mm
What does the meal look like on p.s. red eye SFO-EWR 9pm departure? Will there be a pre-arrival snack?
A few weeks ago, choice of enchiladas or chicken (in Premium Plus).
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:42 am

UA306, DCA-IAH. Choice of ham and cheese croissant or a 'everything bagel' (more like a rectangular roll) with vegetable cream cheese. I had the latter. Terrible flavor (and I am not very picky) not to mention it was very hot and messy due to the melted cheese. Not impressed.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Joshua
A few weeks ago, choice of enchiladas or chicken (in Premium Plus).
As a late dinner? What about the 10:40pm or 11:55pm? I'm booked on one of those coming up and would rather get to sleep right away, but I was thinking breakfast before arrival might be nice. Do they do that at all?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: None yet
Originally Posted by char777
As a late dinner? What about the 10:40pm or 11:55pm? I'm booked on one of those coming up and would rather get to sleep right away, but I was thinking breakfast before arrival might be nice. Do they do that at all?
I had been served pre-arrival tiny muffins on non-ps red-eye routes (like SEA-EWR) before the pandemic. Not sure they do that anymore. Maybe you can enter an UC to have something to eat after landing.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by moyang_mm
Originally Posted by char777
Meal is dinner on the late night flights out of LAX and SFO to EWR. Reports above show grilled chicken with polenta or cheese ravioli (or thai chicken noodles or butternut squash ravioli from EWR) for April 2022.

Pre-arrival snack is either the hummus plate or "charcuterie" plate. There is no pre-arrival breakfast - that would be if you were flying TPAC or TATL.

David
char777 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX-IAD (04/05/22) Dinner:

Same as all other dinner flights not t.p.s.: grilled chicken with "spicy" rice or polenta with "ragu".

Not great if you were expecting a decent presentation:

And it looks like LAX's UA Catering has overcome its blueberry shortage.

That being said, I'd brought just in case...

David
SS255 and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IAD-LAX (04/08/22) Dinner:

(*: who knew flights had an agenda...)

Same two choices as above.

Surprisingly I declined both because a) of my visceral reaction to now both and b) decided to try something different - I asked for a burger and Pringles from the back:

Which I was glad I selected and rather enjoyed.

Also, for those who'd been laying odds if I'd actually get the upgrade into J, since I didn't know prior to heading to IAD whether I was going to make the jump, I'd prepared to be in E+ sitting in a PP seat.

Since I'd been notified that I'd made the jump just as I was filling the rental car gas tank, I'd already brought:

So, I'd ended up with three distinct cuisines as my bring aboard: Vietnamese, Italian and Afghani (the stack below from top to bottom):

So, the Vietnamese was really left over from lunch - half a bahn mi with fries. I'd kept the wet stuff separate from the sandwich half and combined them in flight:

The Italian was a sandwich roll that I decided to keep for later and ultimately deplaned with:

Instead, I finished one half of the beef kafta wrap from the Afghani restaurant I bought as take out:

This version of a ground beef wrap was different for me since I'm more used to the Persian spiced koobideh approach but enjoyed nonetheless.

Augmented my meals with a few Old Fashioneds:

David

p.s. saved the pie in the sky for the arrival into LAX
artvandalay likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 2:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Hilarious - that Air Mike food has not changed in decades.
careful what you wish for.
SPN Lifer and DJ_Iceman like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 10, 2022 at 9:03 am Reason: removed response to deleted comment
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Was in "United First" from ORD to DEN. Thank goodness I took that upgrade. I ran from my gate in the other concourse, got to that one. That was fine. What was not fine was Denver. The trains were PACKED, and had to run from there all the way to the middle of nowhere. If I hadn't taken the upgrade, I would not have made my connecting flight. That's how busy it was.

Anyway, the choices were waffles or egg scramble. I took the egg scramble, and my usual ginger ale. (Absolutely my favorite soft drink, and even though it was early in the day, I don't drink coffee, and it went perfectly with the scrambled eggs)

The food was actually delicious, tastes better than it looks. I was honestly very impressed (won't let me upload a picture). I hope they bring this out on more flights. Also came with an assorted fruits bowl. I ate all of them, even the fruits that I don't typically like.

This week, I'm flying into Chicago again. On another United flight on a CRJ. Talk about an awful aircraft. I despise them. They feel so cramped, even for my 5'5 frame.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.