Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Do let us know. It's on the internal menu.
No yogurt or croissant. Asked the flight attendant about it after sleep, and she gave me the confused look. Got a snack box instead. Beverages like orange juice, coffee and water are available for the morning arrival, however.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Repooc17
No yogurt or croissant. Asked the flight attendant about it after sleep, and she gave me the confused look. Got a snack box instead. Beverages like orange juice, coffee and water are available for the morning arrival, however.
Thanks for the update. I’m fairly convinced that the pre-arrival meal was loaded but not discovered by the FAs. If you are taking this flight again I can email you the actual internal menu.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Thanks for the update. I’m fairly convinced that the pre-arrival meal was loaded but not discovered by the FAs. If you are taking this flight again I can email you the actual internal menu.
Thanks.

That would be hugely disappointing, and potentially wasteful, as the next flight might have a different set of catering menu I observed the bird I was on didn't take off again (back to SFO) until lunch time following the early morning arrival.

The flight I took was UA1666 (SFO to EWR). I might have another opportunity soon - will be either UA1666, or UA295 (630am flight on the following morning) - assumes my upgrade would clear

Catering and inflight services = achilles' heel on premium transcon routes in an otherwise competent product; even amenity kits have upgraded (possibly) recently from the pouch to various versions normally distributed on INTL routes - hope they would stick.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
EWR-CVG
Morning flight

It was nice to see the snack bag with water already at the seat when boarding (even just for the symbolism), as well as my first post-pandemic 550 flight with a fully-stocked snack cabinet.

The flight was 2 hrs 28 minutes, so I was expecting the "2 hr 20 minutes+" snack, but they didn't have anything. I asked about snack boxes, and the FA managed to find 3 on the flight.

Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Self serve alcohol! You could really clean up that way!

David
st530, tarheelnj and BOSskier like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Wow look at that snack cabinet, could really use some of those 550s out here on the west coast.
MatthewLAX and tstauck like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
LAX-HNL. offered egg white kale pastry which usually ends up being egg white bites which are awful or the equally unappealing French Toast.

For those who need to be greeted - greeted by name and they are overly nice during boarding.
I’d say overly nice, beats the aloof and indifferent smirk often found upon boarding by DL FAs
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by DELee
Self serve alcohol! You could really clean up that way!

David
By sucking up the Purell wipes.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
EWR-CVG
Morning flight

It was nice to see the snack bag with water already at the seat when boarding (even just for the symbolism), as well as my first post-pandemic 550 flight with a fully-stocked snack cabinet.

The flight was 2 hrs 28 minutes, so I was expecting the "2 hr 20 minutes+" snack, but they didn't have anything. I asked about snack boxes, and the FA managed to find 3 on the flight.
I wonder if the packaged cheese plates will ever come back.
tarheelnj likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
Any idea when the specialty meals besides Kosher are coming back for long haul flights? Flying DEN to OGG in a few weeks in J and would like to pre-order a gluten free meal but am only seeing the Kosher option. Im used to packing food for myself but was hoping some of the options might have started to come back
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: None yet
Booked SFO-BOS redeye in February. 10:35PM - 7:15AM (+1). The meal is listed as "Snack". What is the meal options onthis route? I will probably fall asleep but I am still curious. Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 26, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
EWR-LAX
UA2647

Boeing 787-10
Meal: dinner

Choice of butternut squash ravioli or chicken (below):

Pre-arrival snack: choice of hummus or cheese (below)

Also, similar to post above, they served actual champagne on this flight as well as PDB and also in-flight.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
No. ORD-PHX/PHX-ORD only get sandwich. Snack box if requested, instead. Flight falls 60 mi under hot meal minimum.
Let me update or correct myself.
Yesterday, PHX-ORD offered Tapas snack box only. No hot/cold sandwich. No choice of snack boxes (I prefer Classic&#128514. Tapas box - take it or leave it. 🙄
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
ORD-SJU

Any recent experience on what to expect up front meal wise - ORD-SJU on the 7:50am departure at the moment?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Let me update or correct myself.
Yesterday, PHX-ORD offered Tapas snack box only. No hot/cold sandwich. No choice of snack boxes (I prefer Classic&#128514. Tapas box - take it or leave it. 🙄
Boxes were probably double catered from ORD or from which ever UA hub the plane came from unfortunately.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.