Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Fleet Updates [2022 Edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines Fleet Updates [2022 Edition]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by rizrizriz
(last I knew there was 4 remaining? )
Correct. Fingers crossed they're bringing em in for conversion!
autobahnal and mike2003242 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
United wll add Premium Economy to remaining 767-300s:
https://liveandletsfly.com/united-ai...-premium-plus/

The new config will be designated '76Q' and be configured with:
30 United Polaris Business seats
24 United Premium Plus seats
32 United Economy Plus seats
113 United Economy seats

Conversions to start in the fall with 1st plane out late fall and all converted by spring 2023.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Correct. Fingers crossed they're bringing em in for conversion!
Good luck with that. According to BBC News Xiamen is having another Covid outbreak and this time they're specifically testing fishermen and even the fish. 77G (772 non-ER) N210UA still there after nearly three months.

Meanwhile 77G (772 non-ER) N213UA scheduled to depart HKG for VCV after 51 days:
HKG-GUM 2702/19 Aug
GUM-HNL 2703/20 Aug
HNL-VCV 2704/20 Aug
Old Aug 18, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by alanjed
United wll add Premium Economy to remaining 767-300s:
https://liveandletsfly.com/united-ai...-premium-plus/

The new config will be designated '76Q' and be configured with:
30 United Polaris Business seats
24 United Premium Plus seats
32 United Economy Plus seats
113 United Economy seats

Conversions to start in the fall with 1st plane out late fall and all converted by spring 2023.
Cool! IAH-MUC-IAH will then have PP. Sadly not in time for my mid September flight.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N35953
^^^Maybe they are going to restart the 789 conversions (last I knew there was 4 remaining? )
Ha, I flew on that aircraft last November when it was a last minute sub for my Polaris 777-200ER, where I originally had 1A and was bumped to 1B.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 10:03 pm

772 PW engine return #41:
N772A ER/Polaris sked to exit VCV 2764/21Aug, 1st revenue flt sked 2242/21Aug
Old Aug 19, 2022, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N35953
^^^Maybe they are going to restart the 789 conversions (last I knew there was 4 remaining? )
Any update on the status of this bird, specifically the reason for her going to XMN? She just landed there 30 minutes ago.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
Any update on the status of this bird, specifically the reason for her going to XMN? She just landed there 30 minutes ago.
I have no other knowledge into it other than its one of the remaining 4 non true polaris cabin 789's in the fleet, and from my reading in the UA forum for the last few months, it seems XMN is the location they go for this MOD.
Regarding questions, I guess I more have a question about N27958 (https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N27958) which has been in San Antonio for the last week, I assume its a depot MX facility? That leaves two other non true polaris 789's and they both seem to be "stuck" in MUC.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N38955
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N45956
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:34 am

I'm assuming N35953 is in Polaris mod at XMN. Should be out in 45 days. Maybe Fall pullback and 772PW re-entries allow the unit to be pulled from service.
SAT is doing gear inspections on the 789 fleet. Several have already been through SAT for over a week each.
N45956 canceled DEN-MUC-DEN and Flight aware is showing it departing today DEN-LHR. N38955 canceled westbound and is sked to leave to DEN 8/21.
rizrizriz likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:27 pm

I'm curious about N213UA, the 772 that was supposed to leave HKG and head to VCV. FlightAware is showing 2703 (GUM-HNL) and 2704 (HNL-VCV) on 8/20 cancelled, but no previous flights. I could swear I saw N213UA in-flight 2702 HKG-GUM Friday 8/19 but that has disappeared. At this point I don't know if it ever left HKG.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Bunky
N45956 canceled DEN-MUC-DEN and Flight aware is showing it departing today DEN-LHR. N38955 canceled westbound and is sked to leave to DEN 8/21.
Yea, it seems now we (a group of 5) are stuck on this "FauxLaris" tail going (DEN > FRA on 23 Aug) after it gets back from LHR and then does a DEN>MUN>DEN turn around. It just changed either Late last night or early this morning. Rather disappointing, considering there are just a couple Fauxlaris 789's that are actually carrying pax currently!!
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Yea, it seems now we (a group of 5) are stuck on this "FauxLaris" tail going (DEN > FRA on 23 Aug) after it gets back from LHR and then does a DEN>MUN>DEN turn around. It just changed either Late last night or early this morning. Rather disappointing, considering there are just a couple Fauxlaris 789's that are actually carrying pax currently!!
seems like Fauxlaris should be an advantage since you're traveling in a group. It's hard to see your partners in Polaris
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
seems like Fauxlaris should be an advantage since you're traveling in a group. It's hard to see your partners in Polaris
Yes, that could be correct, except that now because its a last min change.....also means may not be two sets of two. We are also more of the "i would rather not have to ever worry about someone (even in my own party) to have to "climb over". If these were setup like some JAL (and others) that were 2-2-2, but the window seat is accessible w/o disturb (or climb over in any way, due to slight setbacks between the pair of seats right and left of the two aisles) the aisle mate. I mean this is all a 1st world "problem", but just sucks that been monitoring the progress of 789 since these were booked (~ 10months ago) and thinking just maybe, would not need actually see these. And then just a couple days before departure, when there is really only two of these airframes that are carrying pax, and we look like we are going to get it.
What I feel more for is the 10 or 13 (I believe it was based on seats that showed available, which of course is not the true amount, but is almost surely close) folks that bought United Premium Economy, and now get thrown in ECON Plus or whatever UA calls. I presume they refund folks that get that? Or do they maybe some of them are upgraded and pushed into the remaining 8 seats up front??? Which if so, I assume that would piss off the UA freq flyer member that might have gotten that upgrade?
I don't fly on UA, so I don't know the rules. This was the first time, thought we would try them
Old Aug 21, 2022, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What I feel more for is the 10 or 13 (I believe it was based on seats that showed available, which of course is not the true amount, but is almost surely close) folks that bought United Premium Economy, and now get thrown in ECON Plus or whatever UA calls. I presume they refund folks that get that? Or do they maybe some of them are upgraded and pushed into the remaining 8 seats up front??? Which if so, I assume that would piss off the UA freq flyer member that might have gotten that upgrade?
I don't fly on UA, so I don't know the rules. This was the first time, thought we would try them
The default will be to downgrade Premium Plus passengers to Economy and refund the fare difference. They can also elect to re-route through a hub that still has PE. If they end up with more passengers in Y than they have seats, they might upgrade some instead. (There are 5 more seats on the Polaris version than the non-Polaris version). However, I suspect they'd clear the upgrade first before they did that.

The most likely people to end up flying up front are people who take buy-ups at check-in to do so.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
sometimes it’s a feature

nevertheless - the 789 conversions can’t be over soon enough
halls120, ual1960 and rizrizriz like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.