Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Your unused PlusPoints are being extended to Jan 2023 (or July 2022)

Your unused PlusPoints are being extended to Jan 2023 (or July 2022)

Old Jan 15, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: UA MM 1K/*G & Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
UA gifting PlusPoints for birthday?!

There’s a deposit of 40 PlusPoints on my birthday earlier this month. This will be awesome if I can use it :-) I don’t recall seeing such a “gift” in the past…

Is this new? Others with January birthdays are seeing this too?
Old Jan 15, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jtet
Ok, this one I don't understand. "My United" page show 20 points expiring at the end of Jan. '24. Didn't think any Plus Points have that kind of shelf life!
​​​​​​Perhaps you earned an incremental 20 (by flying or by bonus) after reaching 1K in Sept. Given all the manual processing UA is doing, the PP weren't awarded to you till this year. And of course, any points earned this year, would carry a 1/24 expiration!
jtet likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DrVC
There’s a deposit of 40 PlusPoints on my birthday earlier this month. This will be awesome if I can use it :-) I don’t recall seeing such a “gift” in the past…

That's one way to say Happy Birthday!

David
Old Jan 15, 2022, 1:46 am

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium

Look at Kirby making people feel good about being a United customer!

I value 40 PP at ~$500. Nice bday gift!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
​​​​​​Perhaps you earned an incremental 20 (by flying or by bonus) after reaching 1K in Sept. Given all the manual processing UA is doing, the PP weren't awarded to you till this year. And of course, any points earned this year, would carry a 1/24 expiration!
DP: I earned incremental 20 PPs after September (1K in the bag back in April), and all of my unused PPs have an expiration date of January 2023.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K

Nope. But, my January birthday hasn't arrived yet.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: *wood Marriott P-life, *alliance UA MM, AA MM
where does one see PP tallies?
(or perhaps as a MM gold, there are no PP earned?)

Originally Posted by jtet
Ok, this one I don't understand. I have a bunch of Plus Points that got extended thru Jan '23. That much makes sense (I requalified as 1k in Sept). But get this: When checking online both the summary and the "My United" page show 20 points expiring at the end of Jan. '24. Didn't think any Plus Points have that kind of shelf life!

Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by cyberjet
where does one see PP tallies?
(or perhaps as a MM gold, there are no PP earned?)
Correct - Premier Gold do not earn PlusPoints.

David
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
2+MM PlusPoints expiry dates

I believe that a few months ago, UA extended PlusPoints for requalifying elites to 31Jan23. Have any MM members (who didn’t otherwise qualify for their level) requested that their 31Jul22 PlusPoints be extended to that date, on the basis that we are also considered requalifying elites? in the past, when UA allowed requalifying elites to extend SWUs by 3-4 months, MM members also were allowed to do this, as we were considered requalifying elites.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I believe that a few months ago, UA extended PlusPoints for requalifying elites to 31Jan23. Have any MM members (who didn’t otherwise qualify for their level) requested that their 31Jul22 PlusPoints be extended to that date, on the basis that we are also considered requalifying elites? in the past, when UA allowed requalifying elites to extend SWUs by 3-4 months, MM members also were allowed to do this, as we were considered requalifying elites.
I had my PP expiring on 31 July 2022 when I last checked a few weeks ago. I have used the old ones up, but I will have 80 pts returned when I cancel my Japan trip in March. So, I will know the expiring date of those old PPs. Hopefully, it will be 31 Jan 2023. Otherwise, I will need to call MPSC to switch back the old ones with the new ones.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I thought only those who requalified 1K had their PP extended to Jan. 31, 2023, regardless of MM status. I am not aware that 1MM who did not requalify for 1K are able to have PP extended. I could use an extension on 110 PP. In the past, I only asked for extension of 2 SWU if I requalified for 1K.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
In the past, 3/4MM members were considered requalifying for the purposes of obtaining the 2 SWU extensions.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
yesterday I was able to find upgrade space using PP from ORD-LHR. Booked it on line and I was charged a $30 "MP Pluspoint normal upgrade fee" Is that something new new or I am just ignorant.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
yesterday I was able to find upgrade space using PP from ORD-LHR. Booked it on line and I was charged a $30 "MP Pluspoint normal upgrade fee" Is that something new new or I am just ignorant.
This is the first data point. Nobody else has reported this. 80 PPs were deducted automatically from my account when PZ was open last week. United did not ask me to pay any co-pay.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Same, I used plus points last Saturday (three days ago) and wasn't charged any fees. 40 PP, Intl booking.

Did you call and ask for an explanation?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.