Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Where was the first photo taken and why was this pilot also photographing my plane once I boarded in the second photo? Hint: this was from 2017.

Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Where was the first photo taken and why was this pilot also photographing my plane once I boarded in the second photo? Hint: this was from 2017.
You were at SF and the aircraft was the last UA 747.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
You were at SF and the aircraft was the last UA 747.
I wish! I boarded that plane actually headed to SFO though.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I wish! I boarded that plane actually headed to SFO though.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Aug 1, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Newly delivered 77W at EWR? I recall they ran those on the premium transcons initially.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Taken from ORD PL, 777 at gate C18?
No idea why pilot taking the photo.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Agree -- was going to say the old GF lounge but then saw the lamp shape -- definitely a PL fixture -- and in that direction I believe it would be a shot of the 747 gates that they typically used back then....
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by econ
Newly delivered 77W at EWR? I recall they ran those on the premium transcons initially.
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Agree -- was going to say the old GF lounge but then saw the lamp shape -- definitely a PL fixture -- and in that direction I believe it would be a shot of the 747 gates that they typically used back then....
I agree, taken from ORD PL, near the windows at the center of this picture, facing to the left from this picture's perspective. The reflections are the lights from the low paired seats.
(https://monkeymiles.boardingarea.com...re9-scaled.jpg)

I also think newly delivered 773 is reason pilot took a picture. Aircraft # 2134 was delivered 2017.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:54 am

Bingo!
econ likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Agree -- was going to say the old GF lounge but then saw the lamp shape -- definitely a PL fixture
Good call on the shade - it was from the pop up club in the high C concourse at EWR.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
Figured I'd throw something different in for a change. Not a large UA presence here but probably easy to guess. I hit it just at the right amount of afternoon light yesterday.
jsloan and Xyzzy like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkyMarc
Figured I'd throw something different in for a change. Not a large UA presence here but probably easy to guess. I hit it just at the right amount of afternoon light yesterday.
I was curious, so I googled it and found the answer. But that's cheating, so I won't spoil it. . very pretty though!
MarkyMarc and nomad420 like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by MarkyMarc
I’m thinking MIA, somewhere in one of the walkways between the terminals and the parking garages & train that goes out to the rental car center.
MarkyMarc likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I’m thinking MIA, somewhere in one of the walkways between the terminals and the parking garages & train that goes out to the rental car center.
We have a winner! Miami looking at the central terminal headed towards the air train to the rental cars/Tri-rail/etc.
jsloan, kirkwoodj and econ like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:48 pm

This might already be upthread but worthy of a picture. Not terribly challenging either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.