Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

Old May 30, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by 1kBill
PHL?

And yes, I do check bags. I want my "stuff."
Originally Posted by fumje
Zoom in on the photo to find the answer. Hint: good guess.
I see it now. But I've stood in that spot from where the photo was taken many times while waiting for my bag to show up, so it was more than a good guess.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Where would I have seen 3 787s lined up in a row (without looking up the registrations lol):

Old May 30, 2022, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by N107UA
IAH?
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Agree with IAH E
Yep!

David
Old May 30, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by truncated
Where would I have seen 3 787s lined up in a row (without looking up the registrations lol):

Given the condition of the tarmac, the number of 787s and the control tower, going with ORD.

David
Old May 30, 2022, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Given the condition of the tarmac, the number of 787s and the control tower, going with ORD.

David
Not ORD unfortunately. Also a potentially unhelpful hint but when I took this picture there was another UA 787 at a different remote position at this airport, so that makes 4x 787s at remote stands lol
Old May 30, 2022, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Not ORD unfortunately. Also a potentially unhelpful hint but when I took this picture there was another UA 787 at a different remote position at this airport, so that makes 4x 787s at remote stands lol
Hmm. LAX?

David
Old May 30, 2022, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's not US is that right?
N107UA likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:45 pm

Indeed this is somewhere not in the US (hence seeing 4 787s on the ground at the same time was pretty surprising)
Old May 30, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: Fmr. UA 1K, Hilton Honors Gold
Agree with that... my gut tells me it's in Asia somewhere. I'd say SIN but there shouldn't be 788s there, only 789s
Old May 30, 2022, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed this is somewhere not in the US (hence seeing 4 787s on the ground at the same time was pretty surprising)
Agree with that... my gut tells me it's in Asia somewhere. I'd say SIN but there shouldn't be 788s there, only 789s
Based on the trees, I want to say AMS, but I can't place the buildings in the background. I'll just say AMS.
truncated likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: Fmr. UA 1K, Hilton Honors Gold
Based on the trees, I want to say AMS, but I can't place the buildings in the background. I'll just say AMS.
Actually gonna change my answer and agree with fumje. Upon second glance, I'm fairly certain that I see the Polderbaan's unique tower in the background...
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:23 pm

Actually gonna change my answer and agree with fumje. Upon second glance, I'm fairly certain that I see the Polderbaan's unique tower in the background...
Bingo — this is indeed AMS (from earlier today in fact). My best guess is UA got shunted to the remote gates due to the delays at security — zooming in on the picture the 789 is #3970 that left for SFO 3 hours late, the 788 in the middle is #3907 that couldn’t make it to ORD as the pilots timed out while the 788 to the right is #3902 that is 4 hours late to IAD.

And as a bonus the other 789 that isn’t in the picture is #3967 that has been stuck on the ground in AMS since yesterday and didn’t make it to SFO today either
N107UA likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:35 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

​​​​​​
Here's a probably 4 minute quiz item... I am really trying to get some good ones now while I fly.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
​​​​​​Here's a probably 4 minute quiz item... I am really trying to get some good ones now while I fly.
Is it MIA? Looks like the Sheraton in background.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:13 pm

I've seen that view a thousand times ... which probably means EWR, even though I can't be 100% certain.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.