Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

Old May 18, 2022, 4:53 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
I can't imagine how you would have ever gotten that one 😂 but correct!
The way some folks are in this thread even if you blurred it they would tell you that they have the different colors of the safety card memorized and knew it was a 319.
Old May 18, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
The way some folks are in this thread even if you blurred it they would tell you that they have the different colors of the safety card memorized and knew it was a 319.
Guilty But at least there would have been some element of challenge
Old May 18, 2022, 5:37 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Guilty But at least there would have been some element of challenge
Yeah, this is a well educated crowd.

I have a couple "marinating" since I post other places on FT where I am located and where I am flying I don't want to make things too easy.

I will get one that lasts a couple of days!
Old May 21, 2022, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the window people!

Which airport?

Bonus: Which aircraft? And (maybe too difficult?) which seat?
Old May 21, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by fumje
For the window people!

Which airport?

Bonus: Which aircraft? And (maybe too difficult?) which seat?
SFO, can't see enough of the engine cowl to be certain but looks like a 737-900, an "F" seat somewhere between row 4 and 9 would be my guess but my confidence level is going down hill fast
N107UA likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
For the window people!
Which airport?
SFO. That classic United Air Lines red neon sign gives it away.
SPN Lifer and FriendlySkies like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by paule123
Agree but it might be a widebody such as a 763. Isn't it very rare for a narrow body to take off on 28R/L? Or... maybe that's the outboard engine on a 744?
Old May 21, 2022, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Agree but it might be a widebody such as a 763. Isn't it very rare for a narrow body to take off on 28R/L?
Not for southerly destinations - maybe not the most common but not terribly rare either (probably more common than a 76 at SFO... although IIRC they had some on OGG/LIH-SFO for a while going back to IAH). Depart 28s and turn left 180 or so.

Scale relative to camera size feels like a narrowbody for sure; I wouldn't opine on type since I can't remember the wingtip options, but 739 seems plausible.
Old May 21, 2022, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Agree but it might be a widebody such as a 763. Isn't it very rare for a narrow body to take off on 28R/L? Or... maybe that's the outboard engine on a 744?
No winglets Winglets on 747 were more horizontally angled.

David
N107UA likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 12:25 pm

There's could be some perspective at play but that engine doesn't seem to be big enough to be even a 752 let alone a widebody -- and the wing surface area also seems small. I've stood in a DC-10 engine (a client made me...I was just going to take a selfie in front of it) and at my 6'0" height I barely touched the top, bottom, left, and right edges with my limbs fully extended. A 737 or A320 isn't nearly spacious and this seems closer to those dimensions. If we could see the bottom of the cowl that would at least cinch the family (737 has an obround profile based on ground clearance while the other NB series have a round shape)

OTOH, A319/320 typically have sharklets not the extended winglets and the 175 has outward sloping winglets. I can't remember what the 75/76 wing situation looks like.

I don't get to SFO often enough to have a sense of runway choices but I'm not totally convinced this is a 28 departure -- I'm not going to reject that hypothesis either
Old May 21, 2022, 12:48 pm

Aircraft: Embraer 170/175
Old May 21, 2022, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SFO, can't see enough of the engine cowl to be certain but looks like a 737-900, an "F" seat somewhere between row 4 and 9 would be my guess but my confidence level is going down hill fast
Originally Posted by paule123
Yes, SFO! And 739. Seat was a little more forward, though 2F.

Originally Posted by findark
Not for southerly destinations - maybe not the most common but not terribly rare either (probably more common than a 76 at SFO... although IIRC they had some on OGG/LIH-SFO for a while going back to IAH). Depart 28s and turn left 180 or so.

Scale relative to camera size feels like a narrowbody for sure; I wouldn't opine on type since I can't remember the wingtip options, but 739 seems plausible.
Originally Posted by DELee
No winglets Winglets on 747 were more horizontally angled.

img

David
There's could be some perspective at play but that engine doesn't seem to be big enough to be even a 752 let alone a widebody -- and the wing surface area also seems small. I've stood in a DC-10 engine (a client made me...I was just going to take a selfie in front of it) and at my 6'0" height I barely touched the top, bottom, left, and right edges with my limbs fully extended. A 737 or A320 isn't nearly spacious and this seems closer to those dimensions. If we could see the bottom of the cowl that would at least cinch the family (737 has an obround profile based on ground clearance while the other NB series have a round shape)

OTOH, A319/320 typically have sharklets not the extended winglets and the 175 has outward sloping winglets. I can't remember what the 75/76 wing situation looks like.

I don't get to SFO often enough to have a sense of runway choices but I'm not totally convinced this is a 28 departure -- I'm not going to reject that hypothesis either
Originally Posted by UAFAM
Aircraft: Embraer 170/175
Re: other miscellany yes, winglet was split scimitar (gives away aircraft type, but hard to see from the first photo), departure was the 28's (L, I think; maybe R, but doesn't look like it?), and it was a southerly destination with a left turn. Wind/rain might have been putting all departures on the 28's that day, but not certain.

Old May 21, 2022, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Next one, still easy I think:

Where?
Climb or approach? (If you know where, you know which.)
Aircraft? (Should be a given, at this point.)
Seat?
Old May 21, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Where?
Climb or approach? (If you know where, you know which.)
EWR approach to 4L/R?
Old May 21, 2022, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by econ
EWR approach to 4L/R?
Yep!

Any takers for aircraft / seat?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.