Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Sadly, I know those doors too well... Cleveland.

What time was your flight?
You are correct it was CLE.

Flight was at 2055 to EWR. They had last call at the bar at 1930 everyone out by 2000.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
You are correct it was CLE.

Flight was at 2055 to EWR. They had last call at the bar at 1930 everyone out by 2000.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Yeah, not the best experience. Although, I doubt too many people were connecting in CLE flying between IAH and EWR. I wanted to do it once just for the novelty factor. Used the terminal time to try a few beers at Great Lakes.

Okay, so breaking away from the UC theme here:

Can anyone tell where this United bird is getting ready to depart from?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Somewhat hampered by the fact I've never been there, but pretty sure it's ANU.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Somewhat hampered by the fact I've never been there, but pretty sure it's ANU.
You are correct. Man just when I think I have a good one it doesn't even make it 15 minutes.
Okay here is my next entry.

From this land side "observation deck" you can see United Express Flights come and go to only one of United Hubs.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Yeah, not the best experience. Although, I doubt too many people were connecting in CLE flying between IAH and EWR.
Its funny you should mention that... I was looking at booking an (DCA/IAD/WAS)-ORD flight this afternoon and one of the offerings that ua.com spat out was IAD-CLE-ORD... I almost booked it and would have wound up with a PNR that looked like CLE-IAD-CLE-ORD-CLE but it was only 54 minutes A2D and I figured with 5 trips this month an extra segment just for the novelty would challenge what little remains of my sanity

I can appreciate an airport that not only has an "observation deck" but tells you where to go for better views
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I got SFO to EWR trip via CLE (much cheaper for the one-stop) - doubt a lot of people take this route going cross country.

SFO to CLE flight - at most 5 elite/companions on the flight (3 on the CPU list; I am already upgraded via CPU, and 1 other person in F out 20 seats).
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Its funny you should mention that... I was looking at booking an (DCA/IAD/WAS)-ORD flight this afternoon and one of the offerings that ua.com spat out was IAD-CLE-ORD... I almost booked it and would have wound up with a PNR that looked like CLE-IAD-CLE-ORD-CLE but it was only 54 minutes A2D and I figured with 5 trips this month an extra segment just for the novelty would challenge what little remains of my sanity

I can appreciate an airport that not only has an "observation deck" but tells you where to go for better views
Yeah I'm a total sucker for former hubs and the ghosts of mergers past.

Getting to route through airports like mem and pit are things that I go out of my way to do.

Always wanted to get a routing through CLE so when it popped up I couldn't not take it.

Guess that's why I fit in on flyertalk.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
You are correct. Man just when I think I have a good one it doesn't even make it 15 minutes.
I really liked that one. I have never been to ANU, but I immediately spotted it was a small-ish field but big enough for jetways, tropical island (background), and they drive on the left (YIELD paint on the road bordering the apron). Figured it had to be in the ex-British Caribbean and then I checked out a few by satellite since UA doesn't fly that many places down there

The dedication to aircraft history and accessibility from landside despite the large field makes me want to think your next one is in Alaska somewhere, but that's probably wrong and I'll let someone else get it. (And I think it would have to be ANC to have a parking garage, and doesn't look like it.)
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by findark; Feb 25, 2022 at 7:55 pm
Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From this land side "observation deck" you can see United Express Flights come and go to only one of United Hubs.
Is that BHM?

(never mind -you said it is only served by one hub)
Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by findark
I really liked that one. I have never been to ANU, but I immediately spotted it was a small-ish field but big enough for jetways, tropical island (background), and they drive on the left (YIELD paint on the road bordering the apron). Figured it had to be in the ex-British Caribbean and then I checked out a few by satellite since UA doesn't fly that many places down there

The dedication to aircraft history and accessibility from landside despite the large field makes me want to think your next one is in Alaska somewhere, but that's probably wrong and I'll let someone else get it. (And I think it would have to be ANC to have a parking garage, and doesn't look like it.)
Wow that is dedication. Going to be tricky to get good ones when folks are doing that level of research. Currently flying through a UA terminal. Will try and get some photos that make things more challenging.

The photo that is currently my record holder is not in Alaska. It is on the CONUS.

Is that BHM?

(never mind -you said it is only served by one hub)
Yeah, not in BHM.

Glad I finally had one that poses a little challenge.

If no one has it by tomorrow I will reveal the location.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How about a clue?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

img
Is the one hub DEN?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Is it CRP? This is a tough one!
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:42 am

How about a clue?
Originally Posted by fumje
Is the one hub DEN?
The hub is ORD for United service. AA serves 3 hubs from here though and doesn't compete with UA to ORD.

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Is it CRP? This is a tough one!
It is not CRP.

Glad I finally got a good one posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.