Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
WOW! Did not know this thread existed. Looks like I'm going to be on FT a lot more!
First meal is definitely ex-LAX based on the fruits. Second meal Im going to guess ORD. I eliminate IAH because no grapes, I eliminate DEN based on the recent catering issues, I eliminate EWR as this is not a PS meal, and SFO is too short which leaves me with ORD. How'd I do?
You're spot on - 2 for 2!

As correctly noted, LAX Catering has been doing very well in terms of the fruit served but apparently is either not providing small plates or is giving directions to serve Pie in the Sky on the cocktail napkins. Also, I keep seeing the trays ex-LAX being served empty wine glasses and an additional wine glass that was part of the drink pre-meal service. And, by elimination, you've hit on ORD. For me, ex-ORD service has been _water_ in the wine glass and a separate glass or plastic cup for the drink service. Also, Pie in the Sky gets plated as it should but is a bit cooler/not as warm that way.

I bow to your knowledge.

David
flyingrohit likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Third vote for PNI above... feels a bit too big and industrial for KSA.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
You're spot on - 2 for 2!

As correctly noted, LAX Catering has been doing very well in terms of the fruit served but apparently is either not providing small plates or is giving directions to serve Pie in the Sky on the cocktail napkins. Also, I keep seeing the trays ex-LAX being served empty wine glasses and an additional wine glass that was part of the drink pre-meal service. And, by elimination, you've hit on ORD. For me, ex-ORD service has been _water_ in the wine glass and a separate glass or plastic cup for the drink service. Also, Pie in the Sky gets plated as it should but is a bit cooler/not as warm that way.

I bow to your knowledge.

David
On my flight from ORD to SFO last week, pax received empty wine glass with the meals tray, and then FA came around and offered either white or red.

What is the pie in the sky exactly? Is it the cookie that comes in the light blue-ish wrapper? I had my first warmed chocolate chip cookie on UA on the same flight on a napkin, and thought it was fantastic. I hope United offers this throughout like Alaska does.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:44 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by N107UA
Pohnpei
Originally Posted by DELee
Majuro or Chuuk

Agree with N107UA : Pohnpei

David
Wow less than an hour.

I knew it was probably too easy even if it is one of the smaller UA stations.

Back to the drawing board.
N107UA likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Wow less than an hour.

I knew it was probably too easy even if it is one of the smaller UA stations.

Back to the drawing board.
It's easy for those who have been there (virtually) impossible for those (self included) who haven't yet visited. Even though I had not a chance I appreciate the window onto an "exotic" airport (with seating that looks like it came out of an early '60s greyhound station...can't say I've seen that in any of my airport visits)
SPN Lifer and N107UA like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: Fmr. UA 1K, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
It's easy for those who have been there (virtually) impossible for those (self included) who haven't yet visited. Even though I had not a chance I appreciate the window onto an "exotic" airport (with seating that looks like it came out of an early '60s greyhound station...can't say I've seen that in any of my airport visits)
Also easy for those who, like me, haven't flown the island hopper but are so obsessed with it that they've watched literally every video of UA154 on YouTube
lincolnjkc, kirkwoodj and findark like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Yeah, the Island Hopper is def one of the cooler things FT introduced me to. Then a few years back there was a mistake fare that allowed you to use it, so I took advantage.

Originally Posted by N107UA
Also easy for those who, like me, haven't flown the island hopper but are so obsessed with it that they've watched literally every video of UA154 on YouTube
Hope you get a chance to fly it someday it really is a wild day.

Okay, here is a smaller UA station gate area. Let's see how it goes.

N107UA likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Yeah, the Island Hopper is def one of the cooler things FT introduced me to. Then a few years back there was a mistake fare that allowed you to use it, so I took advantage.

Hope you get a chance to fly it someday it really is a wild day.

The closest billboard says "ovistar" in top right which probably is the phone operator Movistar that is present in many Spanish-speaking countries. The phone booth (?) to the right is Claro which does the same. The billboard also says Guatemala in bottom right, leading me to believe this is GUA.

Checking AA's departures from AA it says that they usually use gates 10 and 11 which seem to match with the gate number here where an AA aircraft is parked.

So, is it GUA?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC

I would guess somewhere in Latin America or the Spanish speaking world from the Movistar ad, but looking at your Flight Memory, it seems you have traveled to many places that might fit that description!
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Gnopps
The closest billboard says "ovistar" in top right which probably is the phone operator Movistar that is present in many Spanish-speaking countries. The phone booth (?) to the right is Claro which does the same. The billboard also says Guatemala in bottom right, leading me to believe this is GUA.

Checking AA's departures from AA it says that they usually use gates 10 and 11 which seem to match with the gate number here where an AA aircraft is parked.

So, is it GUA?
Yes it is GUA....You are way more observant than I am. I was like oh those billboards don't give it away...Whoops.

Okay, last one from me and the gate area game. I hope this one lasts more than an hour. lol.

Gnopps likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Okay, last one from me and the gate area game. I hope this one lasts more than an hour. lol.

MBJ based on the tv screen logo? https://www.behance.net/gallery/5329...tional-Airport
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Gnopps

You guys are too good.

Here is a real curve ball...

I'll post in the answer in 2 hours if no one has it.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:37 pm

You guys are too good.

Pyongyang
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
You guys are too good.

This looks way too clean for any airport in America. I’ve never flown through here, but I’m going to guess ICN?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Clemson
Pyongyang
That was my guess based on the one YouTube video I've seen of it... though does UA service that one? Seems a bit unfair if not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.