Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United confirms that Denver is getting a new — and very unique — lounge

United confirms that Denver is getting a new — and very unique — lounge

Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by EWR764
There's a vacant space one level above the concourse earmarked for a lounge near the esclators down to A1. Every time United, or Continental before it, suggested that a TPA lounge might be in the offing, a recession (a CO rep told me TPA was on a "short list" for a Presidents Club in 2007, perhaps next after LAS, then 2008 hit) or a pandemic hit (in 2019 a UA rep told me that a TPA United Club was in a draft capital budget for 2020). I'll believe it when I see it... though I understand premium cabin sales to Florida are still higher than ever before.
unless the model for installing a lounge has changed, it was always the % of fliers who were elite members, not the % of purchased premium cabin sales.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
I guess that tells us how long it'll be until the opening.
I hope it is not too long the existing situation is near intolerable. Last Monday I was there and it was crazy packed! I had difficulty finding even one open seat and could not find two together for myself and my wife. The food was ravaged regularly, what little was put out. To be fair the staff was working hard to keep the place up but it was really way over utilized. The situation was so bad we left and went to Pour La France and had a far more pleasant experience.
denver19 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by CALMSP
unless the model for installing a lounge has changed, it was always the % of fliers who were elite members, not the % of purchased premium cabin sales.
Right... and there were other metrics as well (originating international premium cabin sales, GS population, credit card membership, etc.). I suspect a combination of strong premium cabin demand will drive higher elite %s, as well as opportunites for greater cobrand spend, and possibly uptake of the high-end CC product.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA, Some Others
I'm 1K. I get to be 1K flying between Denver and Maui monthly. There is no UC in Maui. So, I have 12 times a year that I can use the UC.

United sends me "one time passes" for being 1K, or for credit card spend. If I try to use them the agent says "We are too crowded. No one time passes." I dont feel like joining to use Denver once a month. The passes are of little value to me. It would be great if they eventually re-opened the other lounge.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nomad420
I hope it is not too long the existing situation is near intolerable....
Based on reports at the time of closing, early Fall 2022??? But we know how construction projects can go.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by denver19
I'm 1K. I get to be 1K flying between Denver and Maui monthly. There is no UC in Maui. So, I have 12 times a year that I can use the UC.

United sends me "one time passes" for being 1K, or for credit card spend. If I try to use them the agent says "We are too crowded. No one time passes." I dont feel like joining to use Denver once a month. The passes are of little value to me. It would be great if they eventually re-opened the other lounge.
Big sign out again when I passed back through DEN stating "No Pass Holders". In your situation you are probably correct not to join until the second club remodel is completed. I would just hold the passes and use when/if possible and joint end of year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.