Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic upgrades seem impossible lately

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
More data on how bad upgrades are getting on UA:

ORD-DCA a few days ago. Booked 3/12 and i was #2 on the list. At T-24h they cleared just #1. They then booked the cabin to 7/12 (buyups, changes, etc.). At T-1h I approached the gate agent and asked for a window seat during the upgrade and she was polite and said no problem and she also wondered why it hadn't cleared down to 2 seats. She cleared the next 5 on the list and I got a window.

Upcoming EWR-ORD-DCA (part of an international itinerary) and I'm waitlisted with PPs. EWR-ORD is a 738 with 10 open seats and zero have been taken in the last 4 days and PN>0 but they are still clearing no one into PZ. ORD-DCA is booked 0/12 but it's still too far out for me to see the upgrade list because the "trip details" is only for my outbound. Most ORD-DCA flights that day have PN and PZ space open except the last two flights of the day. No clue why.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.