Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

how many long-haul flights over 8 hours long does UA have at IAD and SFO right now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how many long-haul flights over 8 hours long does UA have at IAD and SFO right now?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2021, 10:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HibernateNow
If so, do they clean up after someone uses it?
I haven't been to one in this new pandemic era but certainly during the normal times the Polaris shower rooms were always cleaned between uses, kind of like walking into a cleaned hotel room bathroom. I never had an experience where I felt it was dirty. I would definitely feel safe with that level of cleaning today.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eng3
It would be nice if there were a list of all intl long haul flights somewhere. Even when they removed the timetable, they still had the routemap function. Now they've even removed that. .
it's not just United... many airlines have removed paper and PDF versions of full timetables years ago. It's as if they are trying to keep their flight operations a state secret.

some airports do have all outbound nonstop flights listed on their websites, so that's how I find such information sometimes...

Last edited by HibernateNow; Nov 29, 2021 at 11:20 am
Old Nov 30, 2021, 1:15 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
KEF?
Excellent point.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QBK
Excellent point.
geographically speaking, I still don't believe that Iceland completely "belongs" to Europe. It's in the middle of two continents, so it can easily be considered part of North America as well.(fortunately, United Airlines doesn't do that) Not to mention that Iceland is basically next to Greenland, which is unambiguously in North America.

QBK likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
All TATL/TPAC out of SFO is over not surprisingly. Flights currently in operation in December out of SFO are HND, ICN, TPE, SYD, LHR, CDG, MUC, FRA,and TLV.
Looks like there are still some SFO-PPT flights in December too (and they are just barely over the 8 hour mark). So yeah, a comprehensive list isn't easy here.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arma5
Looks like there are still some SFO-PPT flights in December too (and they are just barely over the 8 hour mark). So yeah, a comprehensive list isn't easy here.
probably not enough time for December travel: (unless the info I have is out of date)

French Polynesia: "For vaccinated travelers, registration must be completed
within
30 days prior to departure in order to obtain authorization to travel."
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
geographically speaking, I still don't believe that Iceland completely "belongs" to Europe. It's in the middle of two continents, so it can easily be considered part of North America as well.(fortunately, United Airlines doesn't do that)
But then it might only be 20 PP to upgrade.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
probably not enough time for December travel: (unless the info I have is out of date)

French Polynesia: "For vaccinated travelers, registration must be completed
within
30 days prior to departure in order to obtain authorization to travel."
Probably best to get the travel in before Thursday when it is expected that further travel restrictions will be announced by Biden.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Probably best to get the travel in before Thursday when it is expected that further travel restrictions will be announced by Biden.
if that happens, I guess I'll just have to visit Hawaii... not quite French Polynesia, but that can be easily by two extra drinks(or four)
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eng3
It would be nice if there were a list of all intl long haul flights somewhere. Even when they removed the timetable, they still had the routemap function. Now they've even removed that. The closest thing I can find is the "Explore Destinations" thing. The "non-stop" option is always greyed out when accessing on my computer, but it is available when using the app. That should allow you to visually see all the intl flights and you can fairly easily figure out flight time based on distance. You can choose "Flexible Date", I'm not sure what date range that is so you'll be missing new routes starting later on. I guess there aren't alot of people like us that don't care too much where we go and just want to see our options. Though even when you have a set destination, it is useful to see connection point options to search for PZ>0 to maximize Polaris time. Wow this is getting complicated, maybe things really are returning to normal.
You can essentially do it with Google Flights for flights up to 6 months out. Select non-stop, one-way flights on UA from an origin (or multiple origins) and then select the "Flexible Dates" option after the map view comes up. Although it will also show non-stop's on codeshare partners.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 1, 2021 at 4:25 am
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:25 am
Original Poster

You can essentially do it with Google Flights for flights up to 6 months out. Select non-stop, one-way flights on UA from an origin (or multiple origins) and then select the "Flexible Dates" option after the map view comes up. Although it will also show non-stop's on codeshare partners.
Thanks! That worked really great!

Now... why does it not surprise me that the solution is from Google?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
... Although it will also show non-stop's on codeshare partners. ...
That's the issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.