PDB back! On my flight at least.

Old Dec 21, 21, 10:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A-List Pref & CP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
UA462 got a PDB of water. Catering truck didn't load supplies until 10 minutes before departure so assuming water was all they had. Better than nothing but wish they'd just put water bottles at everyone's seat like DL has done forever.
Old Dec 21, 21, 4:47 pm

Programs: United GS, *wood LT Plat
Had a great FA yesterday who did a full (by request) PDB MCO-ORD on a 738 even with late arriving catering, with apologies for the delay in getting it out. Was consistently in the cabin and was great.
Old Dec 21, 21, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
On my SFO - SNA flight tonight, the FA handed out the 3 in 1 (small bottled-water + pretzels + stroopwaffle) when we boarded. Don't know if that counts as a PDB?

My thought is that since there was a full beverage service (with alcohol in glassware) during the flight, the 3 in 1 "could" count as a PDB...
Old Dec 21, 21, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by cesco.g View Post
What routing was that on?
That’s DEN-OGG international seating 777
cesco.g likes this.
Old Dec 23, 21, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Amex Platinum
BOS to EWR and back today, no PDB either way. I know it’s short and content to be upgraded both ways but…with both flights at the gate for 15 min after boarding…my hunch is they are directed not to offer.
Old Dec 23, 21, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by BOSskier View Post
BOS to EWR and back today, no PDB either way. I know it’s short and content to be upgraded both ways but…with both flights at the gate for 15 min after boarding…my hunch is they are directed not to offer.
It's an EWR crew.

David
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 23, 21, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador, lifetime gold
Originally Posted by BOSskier View Post
Since this service has been restored, and there is ample time for service, and nothing has happened - has anybody asked?

I haven't had the opportunity yet, but I will in a polite fashion. I'd like to hear the excuse.

My friend flew TPA ORD, ORD IAH, IAH SLC the other day - not one of them offered. Why this is acceptable, I have no idea.
Old Dec 23, 21, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mathgeek1978 View Post
On my SFO - SNA flight tonight, the FA handed out the 3 in 1 (small bottled-water + pretzels + stroopwaffle) when we boarded. Don't know if that counts as a PDB?

My thought is that since there was a full beverage service (with alcohol in glassware) during the flight, the 3 in 1 "could" count as a PDB...
In my book, it does not count as PDB because economy passengers get the same pack. I got the same pack before departure for MSY-IAH. There was no drink service in FC cabin at all due to some turbulence.
Old Dec 24, 21, 10:16 am

A PDB would be great right about now, considering we've been just sitting on the runway for over 30 minutes. ORD to CUN.
Old Dec 24, 21, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Haven’t been in proper Polaris in 15 months . IAD lounge is pretty fine. PDB on way to London in glass and current amenity kit and slippers.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Dec 24, 21 at 3:47 pm
Old Dec 24, 21, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
Haven’t been in proper Polaris in 15 months . IAD lounge is pretty fine. PDB on way to London in glass and current amenity kit and slippers.

Wow - for a moment while I did a quick scan, I read "...on way to London in glass slippers" and thought "Dang."

Give our regards to all of the FlyerTalkers in the UK and the LHR UC for the merriest of Christmases!

David
Old Dec 26, 21, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
12/21 UA 2253 RDU-IAD 737-900: A round of water followed by a round of sparkling wine was offered. As it was a 7 AM flight I would have preferred OJ.
Old Dec 26, 21, 12:47 pm
formerly B7e7US
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Had sparkling wine on 12/23, UA204 IAD-SDQ. Was offered a refill because of the delay while waiting for a number of connecting passengers.
Old Dec 27, 21, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 2.9MM, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador (Lifetime Titanium) Elite
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
Haven’t been in proper Polaris in 15 months .
And you (and the rest of us) still haven't.
Old Dec 27, 21, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PTahCha View Post
Not to say you need to ask for more drinks when you need more, but that's the norm for US-based service. I even had UA flight attendants taking away empty wine glass in the middle of the flight instead of asking whether I would like a refill.

It is unlikely they will offer sparkling red wines, like Lambrusco. But yes, the current standard is water and prosecco, with option to ask for other beverages.

Plastic cup is standard for PDB.
not the norm. At all! In the past we were proactively offered a refill at all of those times. And I’ve been offered that even during COVID.

I don’t think the issue was sparkling red vs white.

plastic cup standard at PDB but no longer standard after.

Search this Thread