Wiki Posts
Search

UA operating from SFO Terminal 2

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2021, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by docbert
A few days ago the air-side connector between terminals 2 (gates D) and 3 (gates E, F and G) at SFO opened.

Starting yesterday it looks like UA is now using Terminal 2 for a small number of flights! Todays UA2617 (SFO-LAX) and UA1954 (SFO-DCA) have both departed from the D gates in Terminal 2, with the corresponding inbound flights (from LAX/LAS) also arriving into D.
And I thought walking from F to E was annoying
cricketer, droopydog and Boraxo like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Is this any worse than at DEN having to go from B to A concourse with a tight connection.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CApreppie
I haven't been in that section in awhile. Figure that it will be after they finish T2 construction.
Technically it's the T1 North Lobby that's under construction.

Fortunately it's not nearly so disruptive as what's going on at DL's LAX terminals.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by CApreppie
The opening of the post-security walkway is fantastic.
Yes. It means I can get to the Centurion Lounge when flying Delta, without going through Security Theater an extra time.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Also, access to another Priority Pass restaurant in T2: Lark Creek Grill.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Routes with the fewest connecting passengers are the ones likely to operate from T2.
Unlikely - OP identified two flights (SFO-LAX, SFO-DCA) today. Example: many intra-western US flights connect through SFO now so plenty of folks gotta haul from their gates to flights to hubs and cross country and vice versa.

Recent personal example: SFO-LAX docked at G12 and had to truck over to E8 for my next connection. No fun. And D is even further further away.

David
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Technically it's the T1 North Lobby that's under construction.

Fortunately it's not nearly so disruptive as what's going on at DL's LAX terminals.
Duh, brain fade. Yes, the complete renovation of T1, not T2.

I've been to United's LAX terminals this year a few times, but did not go wandering over to see what DL is doing.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Agreed. Just a quick reroute from C gates to D gates on departures and arrivals, adding an extra 3-5 mins.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Saw a UA 737 at the end of the T2 pier yesterday. Not sure if they only have one gate or if more.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA GS
UA 1061 Departing SFO Terminal 2 (??)

My dear blessed friend is flying to Baltimore tonight from SFO. Her flight is departing from terminal 2 though, which is very surprising.

How often does this happen / why does it happen / discuss!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rotnkornkid
My dear blessed friend is flying to Baltimore tonight from SFO. Her flight is departing from terminal 2 though, which is very surprising.

How often does this happen / why does it happen / discuss!
Now more often since the T2/T3 airside corridor opened: UA operating from SFO Terminal 2

David
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by cranky1K
Like a few years ago when you had to take a bus to get to and from United Express flights in T1 (I think).
Yep, and some mainline flights also. IIRC, the shuttle left from what's now Gate G1, and traveled through the bowels of the airport over to the old T1.
cranky1K likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Saw a UA 737 at the end of the T2 pier yesterday. Not sure if they only have one gate or if more.
United took 5 Gates at T2.
SPN Lifer and Kacee like this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DELee
Recent personal example: SFO-LAX docked at G12 and had to truck over to E8 for my next connection. No fun. And D is even further further away.
But why did your flight land in G? Very possibly because there were no gates available in T3. With additional gates in T2 this becomes less likely, and your walk would have been much shorter from D->E than it was from G->E.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by docbert
But why did your flight land in G? Very possibly because there were no gates available in T3. With additional gates in T2 this becomes less likely, and your walk would have been much shorter from D->E than it was from G->E.
I have no faith in where SFO Operations docks planes. If I'm lucky, my LAX-SFO flight puts me into E. Most of the time, F. Really unlucky, G.

Mind you - this is usually the first flight out of LAX - arrives into SFO @ 7 am.

You tell me if there's a gate constraint at that hour.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.