Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus lavatories on 787-10

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Premium Plus lavatories on 787-10

To which lavatories do PP pax go? There are no dedicated PP lavatories, so it's either the ones in front of the cabin (which I presume are for Polaris pax?), and then there is the ones behind the front Economy cabin (which is kinda ridiculous to go to as a premium passenger)
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by xph11
To which lavatories do PP pax go? There are no dedicated PP lavatories, so it's either the ones in front of the cabin (which I presume are for Polaris pax?), and then there is the ones behind the front Economy cabin (which is kinda ridiculous to go to as a premium passenger)
What SHOULD be done is 1 of the rear polaris lavs should be reserved for Polaris. That would give 3 for 44 pax (4 for 60 on the 773, 3 for 50 on the 772, 2 for 28 on the 788, 3 for 46 on the 789), which is inline with the other aircraft, and reserve 1 for PP
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
The ones behind you.
LimeySD likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: UA GS
Well they do say to try to use the lavatories in your ticketed cabin when possible. Since there are no lavatories in PP then you should be able to use the ones between J and PP. I agree going all the way to the back is ridiculous.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 10:42 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are no dedicated PP lavatories . . .
Afraid not. But the LH A380 F lavs did feature a urinal, so that was at least thoughtful.
wxguy, Dyce, lsquare and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 1:43 pm

Premium Economy means economy… the curtain is there for a reason but that doesnt seem to mean anything to most Purples
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by featheroleather
Premium Economy means economy… the curtain is there for a reason but that doesnt seem to mean anything to most Purples
Ah, so that's why the seats in Premium Economy are that color!

David
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Still not quite sure where to go, the Polaris ones in front of the PP cabin (behind the all mighty curtain) or the ones behind economy cabin?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Everything you want to know about where to sit on the 787-10

PP cabin passengers cannot use the toilet in Polaris cabin. Any toilet in economy cabin is your choice.
xph11, CMH500, 1KChinito and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 12:24 pm

FA on my last flight told me that we are welcome to use the Polaris lavs.

Originally Posted by Kmxu
Everything you want to know about where to sit on the 787-10

PP cabin passengers cannot use the toilet in Polaris cabin. Any toilet in economy cabin is your choice.
Nov 1, 2020 United changed it's policy to allow any passenger to use any lav regardless of ticketed cabin. Passengers are asked to use lavs in ticketed cabin "when possible".
xph11 and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zeus2120
FA on my last flight told me that we are welcome to use the Polaris lavs.

Nov 1, 2020 United changed it's policy to allow any passenger to use any lav regardless of ticketed cabin. Passengers are asked to use lavs in ticketed cabin "when possible".
Thank you very much!

May I ask what was the route you flew? And was it a 787-10?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by zeus2120
...Passengers are asked to use lavs in ticketed cabin "when possible".
Actually, every announcement I've heard in the 60 flights so far this year still request "passengers use the lavatories in their ticketed cabins". The FA flight script they read hasn't changed (or they're all skipping the "when posible" part).

Some FAs may not be re-directing passengers to their cabin lavs anymore, but a few still do. None refuse a passenger if a beverage cart is blocking their way to their lav.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Actually, every announcement I've heard in the 60 flights so far this year still request "passengers use the lavatories in their ticketed cabins". The FA flight script they read hasn't changed (or they're all skipping the "when posible" part).

Some FAs may not be re-directing passengers to their cabin lavs anymore, but a few still do. None refuse a passenger if a beverage cart is blocking their way to their lav.
In almost 40 flights this year, I have yet to encounter either a FA or an F passenger who has fussed about someone in the front of the Y cabin coming forward to use the F lavs..

I only did a single 787 segment this year and nothing in international . Maybe the international FAs on 787s are stricter than domestic.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by radonc1
In almost 40 flights this year, I have yet to encounter either a FA or an F passenger who has fussed about someone in the front of the Y cabin coming forward to use the F lavs..

I only did a single 787 segment this year and nothing in international . Maybe the international FAs on 787s are stricter than domestic.
Some FAs are more by the books than others, and on both UA and DL (and others) over 122 segments this year, I can counter your observations.

Technically, 78J (787-10) lavs by door 2 is reserved for J (business) passengers, but I won't pretend I have not used it myself many times when seated somewhere else (but that's only because I fly a lot, a lot a lot).
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

On quite a number of my domestic flights during 2021, the Purser has read "when possible". This includes all of my widebody flights (LAX-EWR, LAX-IAD) and most of my short hops (LAX-SFO, SFO-LAS, LAS-LAX) - all mainline narrow bodies.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.