Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The Ticket that Won't Ticket - How Hard to Push

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: WFBF, Marriott Titanium

I made an award reservation for the holiday period ~6 hours ago, taking the last IN seats on that flight (YN was pricing higher). Enough miles in account and use my card on file - easy peasy. Except the ticketing email never came, and there was no pending charge on my card. United.com showed that the reservation existed but was not ticketed, with a link to pay for the ticket. Clicked the link on a few browsers/VPNs, but it always brought me directly back to the United homepage - no ability to pay. On 1K line, the agent mentioned that it was "e-ticket pending", but agreed to run my card again. This time, I did have a authorization placed on my CC, but still an "e-ticket pending" status and no miles pulled from my account.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with "e-ticket pending"? Is it worth asking to talk to the Ticketing Desk to push this through, or give it a little more time to process? I'd hate to lose the seats (the non-ticketed reservation says it's on hold for the next 24 hours) and need to pay YN/JN prices to get on the same flight.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there a partner segment? You may have better luck resolving whatever is the ticketing issue by calling that carrier.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Nonstop UA flight PDX-ORD.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Oshkosh105
Nonstop UA flight PDX-ORD.
Give them a call and start pushing!

David
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Pretty normal for it to take up to 24hrs no?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

After 24 hours, no change in status so gave 1K line another call. They were able to get ticketing on the line to push through. HUCA is the winner for this situation!
Spiff, jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Oshkosh105
I made an award reservation for the holiday period ~6 hours ago, taking the last IN seats on that flight (YN was pricing higher). Enough miles in account and use my card on file - easy peasy. Except the ticketing email never came, and there was no pending charge on my card. United.com showed that the reservation existed but was not ticketed, with a link to pay for the ticket. Clicked the link on a few browsers/VPNs, but it always brought me directly back to the United homepage - no ability to pay. On 1K line, the agent mentioned that it was "e-ticket pending", but agreed to run my card again. This time, I did have a authorization placed on my CC, but still an "e-ticket pending" status and no miles pulled from my account.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with "e-ticket pending"? Is it worth asking to talk to the Ticketing Desk to push this through, or give it a little more time to process? I'd hate to lose the seats (the non-ticketed reservation says it's on hold for the next 24 hours) and need to pay YN/JN prices to get on the same flight.
Mine is not a problem with an award ticket. I have tried multiple times to buy a ticket this evening via phone and via laptop/browser and keep getting an error. I managed to buy one for another route but for one of the routes, it just won't ticket. Everything works until I try to actually pay for it. Then, I noticed that I had 2 trips in my account. Turns out, one of them is one of the reservations is one of my failed attempts a buying the ticket. It says it hasn't ticketed and it's being held until tomorrow night. I tried a few more times with that one and a few others but so far, nothing is working. I figured I'd try again tomorrow... If I can't get it resolved, I'm going to buy it on DL which is almost the same thing (same connecting city but 10 min longer between connections) for the same price.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Why not call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.