Old Dec 7, 21, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dav3d
From narvik (post 40):

To enroll: https://avisstatus.mileageplus.com/

(You will need: Mileage Plus Number, Avis Wizard Number)

United Avis Discount Portal: cars.united.com/avisbudget

Avis President's Club Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum and higher status, as well as primary Cardmembers of the United ClubSM Infinite Card, UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card, United ClubSM Business Card, and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card qualify to enroll for Avis Presidents Club status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for Presidents Club status is required, and the status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status with MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program, are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Start your journey with a double upgrade - whenever it's available.
  • Guaranteed car every time.
  • Dedicated President's Club number for reservations and customer support.
  • Accelerate your rewards by opting into Avis Preferred Points. Receive 50% more points for every dollar you spend.
Avis Preferred Plus Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus members with Premier Silver or Premier Gold status qualify to enroll for Avis Preferred Plus status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for Avis Preferred Plus status is required, and such status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status in MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Receive complimentary upgrades (whenever available)
  • Earn 25%-50% more points for every qualifying dollar you spend
  • Use a special Avis Preferred Plus number for reservations and customer service support
Print Wikipost

United and Avis ink new partnership

Old Dec 7, 21, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Thanks to narvik 's post and the link therein, was able to register and confirm for PC.

Added the link to the wiki.

David
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 7, 21, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA
Have PC club card and still received message
Our records indicate that you do not qualify for status with Avis. To see who is eligible please visit Avis Status Match terms.
Old Dec 9, 21, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
For those of us still having problems getting Avis PC, the below is the response from Avis customer service.

Hello,

We have reviewed the details, its on their website. Please follow the link per the United webpage and in turn United will send us an upgrade status match to review.
If we can further assist, please let us know.
Thank you,

can anyone locate the link referred to??
Old Dec 10, 21, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, Hertz PC
I too am still having problems with this. I suspect it is because I have a hyphenated last name and the airlines didn't accept the hyphen way back when I opened MP account, and I use the hyphenated legal version everywhere else. Various status matches over the years have gone through without a hitch, but is all I can think of might be causing problem here. I called the 1-800 that came with my first email as an autoreply, who directed me to the Avis Preferred desk 1-866-842-5552 who added my UA number to my Avis profile and then told me my name tweak could only happen via email. I emailed on Tuesday morning 12/07, never even got an auto reply, recalled the Preferred desk today who said have to give 4 business days for email reply/name change request, I went ahead and emailed again. If I don't get this resolved over next few days I'm going to close my Avis account and just create a new profile sans-hyphen and see if that works. Hertz and National have been go-to car rentals over the years but I will be in Kenai at some point soon and apparently Avis is the only airport car rental available so would like to get this squared away before then.

UPDATE - Finally, after multiple emails got name changed in Avis profile. First try thereafter with the link To enroll: https://avisstatus.mileageplus.com/ and President's Club status was granted.

Last edited by dorisrpas; Dec 12, 21 at 2:14 pm
Old Dec 13, 21, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.7MM, AVIS PC
First booking since this UA/AVIS partnership happened:
Signed my wife up for an AVIS account just now, and used the link to get her President's Club status as a 1K through Million Miler companion benefit.
From signing up with AVIS to showing President's Club level: about 10 minutes.
Surprised it all propagated that fast. Impressive!

Booked a 'Intermediate' size car for tomorrow.....let's see if she gets "two class vehicle upgrade if available".
Old Dec 13, 21, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Booked a 'Intermediate' size car for tomorrow.....let's see if she gets "two class vehicle upgrade if available".[/QUOTE]

looking forward to hearing how it goes!
Old Dec 16, 21, 8:20 am

I don't have a hyphenated last name. I am still getting the "Our records indicate that you do not qualify for status with Avis" message. The only reason I can think of that I'm having trouble (other than just a glitchy website) is because I have Presidential Plus, which qualifies for President's Club membership, but my Premier Status with UA is only Gold, which qualifies for Preferred Plus. But that doesn't make much sense, because when I log in with my UA credentials, it says "As a primary Cardmember of the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card you are eligible for complimentary Avis President's Club status." So Chase/UA seem to be sending Avis the correct info.

The problem must be on Avis' end.
Old Dec 16, 21, 11:51 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by COSYR View Post
I don't have a hyphenated last name. I am still getting the "Our records indicate that you do not qualify for status with Avis" message. The only reason I can think of that I'm having trouble (other than just a glitchy website) is because I have Presidential Plus, which qualifies for President's Club membership, but my Premier Status with UA is only Gold, which qualifies for Preferred Plus. But that doesn't make much sense, because when I log in with my UA credentials, it says "As a primary Cardmember of the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card you are eligible for complimentary Avis President's Club status." So Chase/UA seem to be sending Avis the correct info.

The problem must be on Avis' end.
same problem I have. Even received email today from UA noting my potential status with Avis but when I try to register I received the error message. Not too promising for Avis!!!
auandagbug and jimdarcy like this.
Old Dec 16, 21, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Premier
Same issue for me. Received the email and got the same message saying I wasn't eligible. I called Avis customer service and it got me nowhere, was even told I had to wait a year as a member before I can be matched to a different status. I explained the email, got transferred to someone else and gave up. For what its worth, I am UA Silver but have the Presidential Plus Card. I wonder if the two different match levels are the cause of the issue?
Old Dec 16, 21, 1:36 pm

1k here, no qualifying cc. Same error. Very frustrating.
Old Dec 16, 21, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Readog View Post
Same issue for me. Received the email and got the same message saying I wasn't eligible. I called Avis customer service and it got me nowhere, was even told I had to wait a year as a member before I can be matched to a different status. I explained the email, got transferred to someone else and gave up. For what its worth, I am UA Silver but have the Presidential Plus Card. I wonder if the two different match levels are the cause of the issue?
The other thing I'm trying is updating my name, which on United is my full legal name, Christopher, but on Avis is Chris. It says it will take up to 3 days to update, but worth a try. Avis seems very particular about everything matching perfectly. Even though everything in my Avis Profile is listed in all caps, when I tried typing my email address in as all caps, it said that was invalid (which Google doesn't care about either way).
Old Dec 17, 21, 2:49 pm

For those like myself that received the error message, one work around that may help is to leverage your employers travel department. I am now PC
Old Dec 17, 21, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by narvik View Post
First booking since this UA/AVIS partnership happened:
Signed my wife up for an AVIS account just now, and used the link to get her President's Club status as a 1K through Million Miler companion benefit.
From signing up with AVIS to showing President's Club level: about 10 minutes.
Surprised it all propagated that fast. Impressive!

Booked a 'Intermediate' size car for tomorrow.....let's see if she gets "two class vehicle upgrade if available".
Two class upgrade subject to availability Tell us how it went. I booked car for Christmas in FLL, will see too.
jimdarcy likes this.
Old Dec 17, 21, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.7MM, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by jimdarcy View Post
looking forward to hearing how it goes!
Originally Posted by SergeL View Post
Two class upgrade subject to availability Tell us how it went. I booked car for Christmas in FLL, will see too.
No [automatic] upgrade!
Booked a "Corolla or equivalent", got an Elantra.
I am not sure if she could have asked and received an upgrade though. As of now, she's very happy with the Elantra, so...

(Should add: this is at AVP (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre airport), so pretty small location.)
Old Dec 17, 21, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by narvik View Post
No [automatic] upgrade!
Booked a "Corolla or equivalent", got an Elantra.
I am not sure if she could have asked and received an upgrade though. As of now, she's very happy with the Elantra, so...

(Should add: this is at AVP (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre airport), so pretty small location.)
Did she had Avis app? They allow to cycle through available vehicles. But, probably you right, Elantra probably was the only option there.

Search this Thread