Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dav3d
From narvik (post 40):

To enroll: https://avisstatus.mileageplus.com/

(You will need: Mileage Plus Number, Avis Wizard Number)

United Avis Discount Portal: cars.united.com/avisbudget

Avis President's Club Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus® members with Premier® Platinum and higher status, as well as primary Cardmembers of the United ClubSM Infinite Card, UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card, United ClubSM Business Card, and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card qualify to enroll for Avis President’s Club status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for President’s Club status is required, and the status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status with MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program, are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Start your journey with a double upgrade - whenever it's available.
  • Guaranteed car every time.
  • Dedicated President's Club number for reservations and customer support.
  • Accelerate your rewards by opting into Avis Preferred Points. Receive 50% more points for every dollar you spend.
Avis Preferred Plus Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus members with Premier Silver or Premier Gold status qualify to enroll for Avis Preferred Plus status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for Avis Preferred Plus status is required, and such status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status in MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Receive complimentary upgrades (whenever available)
  • Earn 25%-50% more points for every qualifying dollar you spend
  • Use a special Avis Preferred Plus number for reservations and customer service support
Print Wikipost

United and Avis ink new partnership

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:32 am

Came across this thread, went to check and see. And got "Congratulations. You have been awarded Avis President's Club® status". I'm Platinum, pushing close to 1K, and I have United Club CC.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I was denied, too. 😂😂

I guess that United needs to fix this problem.
Third try. It was a success!
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
I signed up for an AVIS account last night. However, when I tried to add my Chase United card got the "try another card" error. Tried a few more times with same outcome, so had to add a different card. Thanks AVIS...
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:44 am

Glad to report that I was able to link accounts and get President's Club status. Until yesterday the web site said I was not eligible. Guess it has been fixed.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Appears to be working now if you have the status and not the credit card
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Worked now for me, mostly. Got the success screen from MP, got the profile update email from Avis, but Avis.com doesn't show the new status yet.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mduell
Worked now for me, mostly. Got the success screen from MP, got the profile update email from Avis, but Avis.com doesn't show the new status yet.
Mine was instant - the top ribbon says "Avis Preferred" to the left of my name but if you mouse hover over your name it should pop up and say in a very large font Avis President's Club
pigzilla likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Got the congratulations splash screen, but after entering my Avis details…

MileagePlus® number: xxxxxxxx
Your Avis profile is not found. Please check your Avis profile information on the Avis website to ensure that your enrollment information matches what is on your Avis profile.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
For those of us who haven’t ever used Avis, should we sign up for their program first, then try and link, or do you go through the process through MP and it creates and account?
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by asphaltman
For those of us who haven’t ever used Avis, should we sign up for their program first, then try and link, or do you go through the process through MP and it creates and account?
Signed up for the program on the Avis Website. Then immediately went to the United status match website and it processed everything correctly. 1K matched to president’s club status.
asphaltman likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
I did not get a welcome email, but I just checked the website and my profile states "preferred", and the red card displayed says "Preferred".
Old Dec 4, 2021, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Karl-MDW
I did not get a welcome email, but I just checked the website and my profile states "preferred", and the red card displayed says "Preferred".
You should register at avisstatus[dot]mileageplus[dot]com Mine now says President Club ​​​​​​​
Old Dec 4, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Got the congratulations splash screen, but after entering my Avis details…

MileagePlus® number: xxxxxxxx
Your Avis profile is not found. Please check your Avis profile information on the Avis website to ensure that your enrollment information matches what is on your Avis profile.
Same for me ... 1K with Infinite Club card. Tried multiple times over couple days from app and website. Checked all my profile details and did a dummy Avis booking, reserved car no problem so know account is still valid (not my first choice car rental company).
Old Dec 4, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by mduell
Dittos. Finally working for me now. I guess enough of us complained and they fixed the bug for those with status but not the CC.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by dorisrpas
Same for me ... 1K with Infinite Club card. Tried multiple times over couple days from app and website. Checked all my profile details and did a dummy Avis booking, reserved car no problem so know account is still valid (not my first choice car rental company).
are you going to email Avis and have them manually put PC status on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.