Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dav3d
From narvik (post 40):

To enroll: https://avisstatus.mileageplus.com/

(You will need: Mileage Plus Number, Avis Wizard Number)

United Avis Discount Portal: cars.united.com/avisbudget

Avis President's Club Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus® members with Premier® Platinum and higher status, as well as primary Cardmembers of the United ClubSM Infinite Card, UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card, United ClubSM Business Card, and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card qualify to enroll for Avis President’s Club status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for President’s Club status is required, and the status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status with MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program, are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Start your journey with a double upgrade - whenever it's available.
  • Guaranteed car every time.
  • Dedicated President's Club number for reservations and customer support.
  • Accelerate your rewards by opting into Avis Preferred Points. Receive 50% more points for every dollar you spend.
Avis Preferred Plus Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus members with Premier Silver or Premier Gold status qualify to enroll for Avis Preferred Plus status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for Avis Preferred Plus status is required, and such status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status in MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Receive complimentary upgrades (whenever available)
  • Earn 25%-50% more points for every qualifying dollar you spend
  • Use a special Avis Preferred Plus number for reservations and customer service support
Print Wikipost

United and Avis ink new partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6

They were renting cars at FLL not on the lot. Crazy never seen such bad customer service. When I came to airport to return car looked like lots of people waiting to rent a car. I am definitely reporting to Avis and to UA to find other car companies to partner with.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer

They were renting cars at FLL not on the lot. Crazy never seen such bad customer service. When I came to airport to return car looked like lots of people waiting to rent a car. I am definitely reporting to Avis and to UA to find other car companies to partner with.
so they know how to take the reservation but not how to hold the reservation! (Seinfeld)
LarryU and iluv2fly like this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by CJ99
I'm having the same problem. A United rep suggested that the problem lies in their system, which apparently doesn't recognize spaces in names. (This jibes with how my boarding passes appear.) So I emailed Avis and asked them to eliminate the space between Lastname and Suffix, which they did, but I still get the same error message about a name mismatch when I try the status transfer website. I guess I'll have to throw myself on the mercy of an Avis rep.

CJ
Bumping this to see whether anyone has recent experience with how to sort out status match issues. Chase refers me to UA, UA refers me to Avis, and Avis seems to have no idea what I'm talking about when I mention a status match from UA/Chase. No one seems willing or able just to apply the status match manually. Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Got an email of extension of Hertz President's Circle to June 30, 2023 and 2 rentals by then gets extended until June 30, 2024.
vg247 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
I am currently between jobs so I have had a lot of time on my hands. I am a Premier Platinum and I eventually got the status match to President's Club. I went between the premier benefits page on the United Website and the Avis site. On the United Website you to 1. "My United" 2. "View my member benefits. scroll down until 3. "View All Benefits then 4. "See full benefits" and 5. click on "Complimentary Avis Elite Status" and then go from there. It was pretty confusing but when I go to the Avis site now it shows I have the status. It is not really smooth or too obvious but it does work!!!

PS I did this on my laptop not the app.

Last edited by adambrau; Feb 9, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:33 pm
st3

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Got an email of extension of Hertz President's Circle to June 30, 2023 and 2 rentals by then gets extended until June 30, 2024.
Same, I got it a few hours ago as well. Maybe sent to everyone that had PC status because of UA?
Old Feb 9, 2023, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Hertz PC extension too. Avis is not working well.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 7:50 pm

FWIW I don't rent cars all that often, but I've done like a half dozen rentals from Avis since they did this partnership and haven't had any issues. I've just skipped the line and go to the car when I land. I usually just book compact or economy cars and have ended up with SUVs or other nicer cars at least half the time. Also never had any issues with Hertz in the handful of times I rented with them before the switch.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Clemson
FWIW I don't rent cars all that often, but I've done like a half dozen rentals from Avis since they did this partnership and haven't had any issues. I've just skipped the line and go to the car when I land. I usually just book compact or economy cars and have ended up with SUVs or other nicer cars at least half the time. Also never had any issues with Hertz in the handful of times I rented with them before the switch.
Good to know. I've stuck with hertz since I find the "skip the line" benefit very valuable. Is it the same when renting through Avis? I couldn't figure out if you actually get to skip the counter..
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by MileTrek
Good to know. I've stuck with hertz since I find the "skip the line" benefit very valuable. Is it the same when renting through Avis? I couldn't figure out if you actually get to skip the counter..
That's been my problem.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by MileTrek
Yes, you get to skip the line. I'm preferring Avis over Hertz for minivan rentals at MCO because Avis assigns a specific vehicle in a specific spot which pops up on the Avis app upon landing. Hertz at MCO won't preassign minivans and I had to wait in line at the parking lot counter even though I'm PC. With Avis, I just hopped in the car and showed my DL to the agent at the exit booth, and was waved through very quickly. The Avis QR code express checkout lane that they tout in the app has been closed whenever I've been through.
2ptraveler likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Have been Presidents Club for years. Check the airport you're planning to rent from. The Avis experience differs widely depending on location. At some larger airports, there's a wide selection, consistent upgrades, and a seamless out-and-in the airport experience. Then there are the smaller stations (like GSO) where the Avis and Budget operations are combined and you wait in the same line as everyone else to be handed your keys to whatever car is available.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Have been Presidents Club for years. Check the airport you're planning to rent from. The Avis experience differs widely depending on location. At some larger airports, there's a wide selection, consistent upgrades, and a seamless out-and-in the airport experience. Then there are the smaller stations (like GSO) where the Avis and Budget operations are combined and you wait in the same line as everyone else to be handed your keys to whatever car is available.
Yeah my one experience in GSO was terrible. I was along for the ride on someone else's booking and when we landed there was only 1 person at the desk, so 1 line, and it took like an hour for them to process like 4 parties of people. Would definitely rather fly into RDU and just rent there even if I had to go to Greensboro.
tarheelnj likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 2:35 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I have an existing Avis account through my company that I never use, but I do have a rental for JNU this summer as Avis was the cheapest I could find. I just went into the website mentioned in the wikipost of this thread and entered my UA and Avis account information and was immediately upgraded to Avis President's Club; it's now showing in my Avis account. Thanks for posting this information; I'd probably have missed this benefit.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
The biggest difference for me in not using Avis is that I really like picking any car at Hertz. Yes, Avis you skip the line, but cars are assigned spots. I like the random of what I’ll get at Hertz. Also FWIW, I was able to status match to National, which also has the pick any car option. I will keep using Hertz as long as I can find a way to keep PC. I’m going to go back through emails and see if I also got that extension.
kirkwoodj and narvik like this.

Last edited by asphaltman; Feb 10, 2023 at 8:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.