Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How are 1Ks being treated by UA?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Last month I was flying ORD-MKE on a CRJ-200. The FA thanked both me and the other 1K on the plane and brought us drinks while the rest of the cabin got ignored.

It annoyed my wife to no end because I turned to her and grinned like the Grinch after getting fawned over while she wasn't noticed. I did share my soda with her though.
Lol, one time at pre-renovation LGA my partner noted, "they treat us like we're not even human until they see your status." It kind of fit the environs, though.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by CMK10
Last month I was flying ORD-MKE on a CRJ-200. The FA thanked both me and the other 1K on the plane and brought us drinks while the rest of the cabin got ignored.

It annoyed my wife to no end because I turned to her and grinned like the Grinch after getting fawned over while she wasn't noticed. I did share my soda with her though.
Hey, tell her if she keeps flying with you, she'll be 1K as well.

David
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
EWR-LHR upgraded, reasonably pre-boarded and thanked for being 1K by an FA at the end of the flight.
DUB-EWR not upgraded, nicely pre-boarded and not thanked or given any extra attention. Nice flight and pleasant service for everyone though.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
A far cry from my SFO-SIN flight where we all stood around waiting by the Group 1 and 2 lanes at G92 and then were told to move to the opposite side of the boarding area while everyone in Group 1 and Group 2 could line up in the chutes. Told to wear our masks because - Singapore - then told we had to use facial recognition and to take off our masks. And all this 20 minutes after scheduled boarding with no explanation as to why we were delayed. A complete cluster. The opposite of valuing being a 1K.
Sorry, side bar--are masks still required on flights to SIN?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DELee
Hey, tell her if she keeps flying with you, she'll be 1K as well.

David
Or MKE 1K reaches the MM milestone and gifts his wife the MMer companion. 🤪
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
I flew recently for the first paid flight in a while (BWI-IAH-BZE) and I loved the fact that I got upgraded to First about 72 hours out - on both flights! Nobody thanked me for being 1K but that's fine with me, I prefer deeds to words. I wasn't able to check if they were allowing 1Ks to preboard (I've had a problem with that, see the beginning of the thread) because I chose to arrive towards the middle of the boarding process. Flying with United was great!
ETA: This gives me an extra motivation to make sure I retain my 1K for next year.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by rbakker
I flew recently for the first paid flight in a while (BWI-IAH-BZE) and I loved the fact that I got upgraded to First about 72 hours out - on both flights! Nobody thanked me for being 1K but that's fine with me, I prefer deeds to words. I wasn't able to check if they were allowing 1Ks to preboard (I've had a problem with that, see the beginning of the thread) because I chose to arrive towards the middle of the boarding process. Flying with United was great!
ETA: This gives me an extra motivation to make sure I retain my 1K for next year.
96 hours or bust!
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Maybe it was 96 hours, that's even better!
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
EWR-LHR upgraded, reasonably pre-boarded and thanked for being 1K by an FA at the end of the flight.
Without any upgrade instruments applied?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by JNelson113
Sorry, side bar--are masks still required on flights to SIN?
SFO-SIN - required.
SIN-SFO - once in the air you can take them off.
JNelson113 and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:47 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
On single-class a/c, I'm still finding it the rule rather than the exception that the FA makes a point of tracking me down and thanking me for my loyalty and offering me a drink, often a snack box if I decline the drink, etc. A lot of the time, they also thank me again before landing as they prep the cabin.

I'd rather UA phase out single-cabin equipment (particularly the 145s, where the single seating on the left is ruined by the cramped pitch, seemingly worse than a CRJ), but it's nonetheless a nice touch that costs the FAs little effort verses the amount of goodwill it generates.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
This HNL-based 1K is being dissed by UA's restoring a bunch of 777HDs to replace most of the Polaris equipped a/c that were flying to/from Hawaii during their grounding. Don't they know who I am???? The drop in F seats is very noticeable.
denver19 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
This HNL-based 1K is being dissed by UA's restoring a bunch of 777HDs to replace most of the Polaris equipped a/c that were flying to/from Hawaii during their grounding. Don't they know who I am???? The drop in F seats is very noticeable.
Bummer to all 1Ks and, dare I say, GSs in and out of HNL. Doing upgrade combat using PPs vs. TODs/HODs buyups isn't fun - especially against those who are trying to get to some form of paradise in HI.

David
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Bummer to all 1Ks and, dare I say, GSs in and out of HNL. Doing upgrade combat using PPs vs. TODs/HODs buyups isn't fun - especially against those who are trying to get to some form of paradise in HI.

David
Tourism is about to drop like a rock in Hawaii. UA cutting flights starting September - my HNL-LAX red eye Aug 9 has 17 available lie flats of 28 seats.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Tourism is about to drop like a rock in Hawaii. UA cutting flights starting September - my HNL-LAX red eye Aug 9 has 17 available lie flats of 28 seats.
Had thought that those with permanent remote or hybrid work schedules would still make their way to Hawaii. Guess UA can't make bank on them. Or that they don't want what UA's serving up front.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.