Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How are 1Ks being treated by UA?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
They had the Know Creek old-fashioneds? Last flight or two I was on they did not have them, and when I checked the magazine (and I also just checked the online spirits list) they were not listed. So I thought they had dropped them. Though they still have Buffalo Trace.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Artpen100
They had the Know Creek old-fashioneds? Last flight or two I was on they did not have them, and when I checked the magazine (and I also just checked the online spirits list) they were not listed. So I thought they had dropped them. Though they still have Buffalo Trace.
Last couple flights I've been on, they still have them, though catering puts them with the wines most of the time and the FA I've had don't know to look there until I point it out.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by GlobalServiced
Last couple flights I've been on, they still have them, though catering puts them with the wines most of the time and the FA I've had don't know to look there until I point it out.
Old Fashioned protection against the masses...

David
droopydog and GlobalServiced like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:17 pm

I was on a LAS-EWR on 2/22/22 and had a DYKWIA moment of my own. FA went to 3F first to take meal and drink order thanking him for being 1K. I was in 3D. FA didn't acknowledge my status and started to go to the front of the cabin to take the rest of the orders. I said to her "Hey, I am 1K also!" She looked at her phone screen and told me that I already pre-ordered. So I took my foot out of my mouth.
Doppy, c502cid, narvik and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by kdad
I was on a LAS-EWR on 2/22/22 and had a DYKWIA moment of my own. FA went to 3F first to take meal and drink order thanking him for being 1K. I was in 3D. FA didn't acknowledge my status and started to go to the front of the cabin to take the rest of the orders. I said to her "Hey, I am 1K also!" She looked at her phone screen and told me that I already pre-ordered. So I took my foot out of my mouth.
As a 1K, you know that, there are those sometimes, if you don't ask, you don't get. So you ask.

"Thanks! Just checking!"

David
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I am happy!
Old Feb 28, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
I received a hand written birthday card on a flight the day after my birthday. Nice touch! Flight was IAD CLE
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malgudi
I got a nice hand written note from the purser SFO-DEL-SFO, thanking me for my business/loyalty
Also received one SFO-SIN recently
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by rbakker
Have you flown recently? Almost the whole flight is group 1 nowadays and this has been the case for a while. I don't want to have to put my bag at the back of the plane and then wait for everyone to disembark before I am able to retrieve it. Being 1K is supposed to get us preboarding and I wouldn't mind if we actually got the privilege we have paid for.
i remember when I first started regularly getting Group 2 boarding (silver? credit card?), and initially thinking I’d be one of the first ones onboard. Imagine my surprise seeing the Group 1 queue…
Old Mar 1, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by rbakker
Believe me, I was there! I could've started removing the barriers they had set up but I'm not sure that would have been appreciated.
Indeed, I was in J for that flight so no problems, but I'm often in Economy where the bins fill up very quickly.
Originally Posted by zoned_post_meridiem
i remember when I first started regularly getting Group 2 boarding (silver? credit card?), and initially thinking I’d be one of the first ones onboard. Imagine my surprise seeing the Group 1 queue…
On my flight last week #1 on the upgrade list turned it down and let the standby pax assigned his coach seat have the seat as there was no overhead space left in first. I watched them fill the first space overhead with the later boarding pax so those pax did not need to gate check their bags.

So preloading is great unless you get the battlefield upgrade and the FA did not protect the overhead bin space for the late arriving first class pax.

I do like the way LH handles overhead space in first and instructs pax not in first to not use the space.

I do not know if the upgraded pax was 1K or GS but this 1K was #12 on the upgrade list for a 1 hour flight

Last edited by Aussienarelle; Mar 1, 2022 at 9:27 am
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
FA did not protect the overhead bin space for the late arriving first class pax.
They typically don't on UA. AA FAs are much better about this.

Though I was on a Max-9 this morning, and the huge overheads meant lots of space up front and no big line-up through the cabin at boarding. Very different from the 319/320!
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:54 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Well, it finally happened. In probably 50-60 segments (and all but maybe 4 of those in F) since early 2021...I have finally been recognized--And it was somewhat over-the-top, I'll take it ANY day.

On an Air Wisconsin CRJ, sitting in row 3, after boarding had finished, the awesome F/A came up to me and said, "Welcome aboard Mr. MBS, since you're a 1K, can I get you a drink BEFORE takeoff?" I was parched and graciously accepted a water. I was the only one. During the flight, she walked through the cabin pouring water, but asked me if I wanted anything else from the galley (was happy with the water). While a bit awkward, I'm certainly not complaining and appreciate the excellent service. But it's a shame, not a once in maybe 30 segments in F on GoJet, nearly that many on mainline/Skywest/Mesa up front...I get the royal treatment (okay, somewhat tongue-in-cheek) on a Air Whisky CRJ.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:01 am

This week:

E-175 to JAX, sitting in E+ - I asked for a Buffalo Trace and when FA asked for payment, I told her I was 1K and she said loudly "Oh! I'm sorry I didn't curtsy when you came onboard!" It was good-natured (I think) but not really appreciated halfway through a bad trip.

E-175 to IAH, sitting in 4A - FA asked me first for drink order, assume it was because 1K. Gave me a triple.

- - -

However, had some real issues at IAH: departed almost 90 mins late due to maintenance so arrived to IAH (Terminal A) as boarding was beginning on my connection (Terminal E). I ran up the stairs to the first gate at A to ask the gate agent if they could check / call ahead to see if it was even worth running to my connection. Agent said she was "busy" and that I should just go to my gate. I asked again - she looked it up and said "Go! You can make it!" So, I ran to my gate in E just to see it being towed back from the jetway. I asked the agent if they don't hold aircraft since they knew I had arrived in IAH - she told me "Yes, we heard you were coming but they aren't going to hold up an entire jet just for one person."

The aircraft departure was actually a few minutes earlier than fragged. Really makes a guy feel appreciated.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 9:42 pm

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
When I am glad for being an 1k member is when I call 1k desk. They are always quite helpful and try their best to solve issues. I have had some technical glitch with my UA issued code shared flight to change to NH flight number for an upgrade and the agent put up with me for over 1hr30 to solve the issue. I am thankful that 1k desk is staffed with competent people who look after us.

Last edited by Atuchan; Mar 9, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP
Got rebooked tonight before the flight was even delayed (officially) on RDU-SFO. Confirmed seat, bag re-route, etc. Changed to a flight tomorrow anyways, but was happy to see it done before the mad dash started for everyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.