Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SQ / SIA signs MOU with United Airlines (Adding 19 new codeshares)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ / SIA signs MOU with United Airlines (Adding 19 new codeshares)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dkc192
SQ/UA codeshare flights are showing up on UA.com, but I'm only seeing B/A/C fares for sale for now.
That is not unusual for initial schedule posting, see what they are in a day or two
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
I wonder if it'll be possible to book long haul SQ flights on united.com (and get full PQD?)
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by c1mth0g
I wonder if it'll be possible to book long haul SQ flights on united.com (and get full PQD?)
Any *A / partner flight booked on 016 ticket stock gets 100% PQPs
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dkc192
SQ/UA codeshare flights are showing up on UA.com, but I'm only seeing B/A/C fares for sale for now.
What cities? (I only care about routes ex-SIN in Asia)
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Any *A / partner flight booked on 016 ticket stock gets 100% PQPs
Yes, but in the past it has been impossible to book SQ on united.com (the only way I know to ensure 016 ticket stock)
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by c1mth0g
We'll see, but I doubt it. I'd imagine the codesharing will be limited to UA operated domestic flights and SQ operated flights intra-asia.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by lsquare
Why would anyone sane want to spend an extra $6k just to fly with UA?
There are plenty of OPM who would fly United to SIN over SQ, even at a premium price. Lifetime miles, more RDM, status requalification. FlyAmerica.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by rankourabu
There are plenty of OPM who would fly United to SIN over SQ, even at a premium price. Lifetime miles, more RDM, status requalification. FlyAmerica.
But for an additional $6k?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lsquare
But for an additional $6k?
Only on OPM, and that would raise some serious ethics issues IMO.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by rankourabu
That's not how flyamerica works.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Only on OPM, and that would raise some serious ethics issues IMO.
Right, who's going to MLE on OPM?
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton (Post # 79)
Would be so happy to see discounted buckets on SQ flights out of Bali. As of now the options back to the USA on UA are very limited since there’s no lift to Tokyo. DPS-[SIN]-xxx would be great without having to deal with Jetstar
Yes. It has been a long time since GUM-DPS flights (on CO).

I am looking forward to SQ MNL-SIN service, too.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Right, who's going to MLE on OPM?
https://www.state.gov/u-s-relations-with-maldives/

The United States does not have a consulate or embassy in Maldives currently but operates an American Center in Malé. The U.S. Ambassador and Embassy staff in Sri Lanka are accredited to Maldives and make regular visits.

U.S. Assistance to Maldives

U.S. foreign assistance resources aim to strengthen democratic institutions, civil society, fiscal transparency, maritime security, counterterrorism, and law enforcement. The Department committed nearly $10 million in Economic Support Funds in February 2019 during Maldivian Foreign Minister Shahid’s visit to Washington, DC. During the 2020 COVID-19 crisis, the U.S. has provided nearly $3 million in assistance to Maldives to date to support the expansion of social-protection services led by local civil-society organizations and assist them to advocate effectively for COVID recovery policies. Since 2018, the U.S. has provided $10.8 million in Foreign Military Financing under the Bay of Bengal Initiative, in support of Maldives’ maritime security capacity.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Let's don't focus only at the SQ/UA MoU on the likelihood (or unlikely) of lower (or cheap) fares availabilities in isolation of how MoUs/JVs UA has entered with its other *A partners.

Look at the fare availabilities in the MoUs/JVs UA has entered with other *A partners, that would be a good indication what is likely going to happen down the road.

That will form a realistic expectation rather than speculation.
cesco.g, SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Apr 27, 2022 at 12:48 am
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
In the past one could buy SFO-UA-SIN-SQ-MNL. I would not be surprised to see that return.
ual744777sta and lsquare like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.