Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Adds Flights to London -- Spring / Summer 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Adds Flights to London -- Spring / Summer 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by econ
Surprised at the 3x daily SFO-LHR. Wasn’t this only 2x for many years even pre-covid?
Yes it was. UA announced a major increase in LHR flying a few months ago, including third daily SFO-LHR and second daily DEN-LHR.

See main thread here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ts-london.html
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by dkc192
Yes it was. UA announced a major increase in LHR flying a few months ago, including third daily SFO-LHR and second daily DEN-LHR.

See main thread here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ts-london.html
When that thread was active, many considered UA's LHR schedules for the summer as "aspirational". Probably still the case.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-LHR Schedule

Hi all:

Back in the pre-COVID days, UA had two daily flight from IAH to LHR and back (UA 5/4 and UA 880/881, respectively).
For the time being, the schedule has been operating mostly one flight per day, namely UA 5/4, late evening ex-IAH departure (usually 825 pm).
But starting Monday 28 March and continuing until Friday 15 April, the schedule reverts to UA 880/881 with a 425 pm ex-IAH departure. On 16 April it's back to UA 5/4 at 825 pm.
Anyone know the reason for this short-term shift?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:09 pm

easter travel
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by st530
Hi all:

Back in the pre-COVID days, UA had two daily flight from IAH to LHR and back (UA 5/4 and UA 880/881, respectively).
For the time being, the schedule has been operating mostly one flight per day, namely UA 5/4, late evening ex-IAH departure (usually 825 pm).
But starting Monday 28 March and continuing until Friday 15 April, the schedule reverts to UA 880/881 with a 425 pm ex-IAH departure. On 16 April it's back to UA 5/4 at 825 pm.
Anyone know the reason for this short-term shift?
Might have something to do with maintaining slots for LHR? I honestly am not sure.

Originally Posted by trk1
easter travel
No, that's not correct. OP is saying UA 5/4 is no longer operating and is now back to 880/881 at a different time. They want to know why UA would keep one flight a day but decide to change the flight number back to the second daily they _used_ to run.

-RM
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by RobOnLI

No, that's not correct. OP is saying UA 5/4 is no longer operating and is now back to 880/881 at a different time. They want to know why UA would keep one flight a day but decide to change the flight number back to the second daily they _used_ to run.

-RM
Correct, and it seems unlikely I'll get an answer in this thread (to which the mods moved my standalone post), which is not really on point.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I was curious where the slots for all of UA's new LHR flying were coming from, and in case anyone else is, the five new daily flights (versus 2019) come from the AA/BA BOS-LHR remedy slots (1), slot lease with AC (2), slot purchase from NZ (1) and slot lease from LH (1).

https://www.acl-uk.org/completed-slo...ted%20Airlines
cesco.g, tuolumne and angetenar like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.