Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAD Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2021, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct 2017
Trans-border flights (Canada, Mexico, ..) for UA and partner flights do not qualify

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. IAD-LHR
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. SFO-IAD-LHR or LHR-IAD-SFO
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. LHR-IAD

Hours - 5:30 AM- 10PM

Related Threads:
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers

Print Wikipost

IAD Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:15 am

I was really looking forward to an upcoming stop at this lounge next week, but seeing now that the dining room closes before 9pm (I land at 8:50pm) I'm extremely disappointed.

Last edited by kdoughboy; Jun 18, 2022 at 11:35 am
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I ate in the dining room last week and can confirm that they close by nine. After dinner, I passed by the buffet and the offerings there seemed pretty good, so all is not lost.
Flying Machine and kdoughboy like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by EricH
I ate in the dining room last week and can confirm that they close by nine. After dinner, I passed by the buffet and the offerings there seemed pretty good, so all is not lost.
that’s good to hear, I read that EWR sometimes they clean everything up by 8 PM
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum

Breakfast for me and Mrs. Kmxu at the dining room. The dining room was very efficient. The foods tasted good. The buffet (at 7:30 am) is nil, nada, and nonexistent. 😂 The coffee machine worked. Fortunately, we can survive the 3 hr ride to IAH and will have five hours layover there.
SPN Lifer and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Kmxu

Breakfast for me and Mrs. Kmxu at the dining room. The dining room was very efficient. The foods tasted good. The buffet (at 7:30 am) is nil, nada, and nonexistent. 😂 The coffee machine worked. Fortunately, we can survive the 3 hr ride to IAH and will have five hours layover there.
Enjoy your travel day! Kmxu with the Mrs.
Thanks for posting! Was the bubbles good or needed the juice for added enhancements
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Enjoy your travel day! Kmxu with the Mrs.
Thanks for posting! Was the bubbles good or needed the juice for added enhancements
I just needed the bubbles to flush down the omelette. 😂 I am a wine/beer drinker. So, I cannot say whether or not the bubbles were good. After breakfast, I tried to get ‘the Prisoner’ red wine from the bar. The server could not find it.

At IAH PL now, I could not have my order of ‘Houston, no problem here” mixed drink because of “supply chain issue.” I had to change its name to “Houston, we have a problem’” on the drink menu.🤪🤪

Edit: I am outnumbered by servers (4:1) at IAH PL.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I just needed the bubbles to flush down the omelette. 😂 I am a wine/beer drinker. So, I cannot say whether or not the bubbles were good. After breakfast, I tried to get ‘the Prisoner’ red wine from the bar. The server could not find it.

At IAH PL now, I could not have my order of ‘Houston, no problem here” mixed drink because of “supply chain issue.” I had to change its name to “Houston, we have a problem’” on the drink menu.🤪🤪

Edit: I am outnumbered by servers (4:1) at IAH PL.
Hope they serve you well.

David
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite for Life, AA Platinum, United Gold
IAD Polaris and menu

Flew to Amsterdam on Monday and had a late lunch. Service was exemplary and the lounge not too full. We left around 1600 and the lounge was pretty full and the line to get in was quite long.

Got a picture of the menu.

Menu at Polaris IAD
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:22 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Here are some recent pics of the food, including the arugula salad, salmon, pear cobbler, and cookie skillet.

We were there on a Friday at around 7pm (after the initial Europe bank) and it was pretty empty. Service was fast and quite attentive (lots of wine suggestions, how was your food, etc.). Food was delicious. Overall a great dining experience.

Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:46 am

That looks well prepared and presented
Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:29 am

I also like the pumpkin soup.

Originally Posted by autobahnal
Here are some recent pics of the food, including the arugula salad, salmon, pear cobbler, and cookie skillet.

We were there on a Friday at around 7pm (after the initial Europe bank) and it was pretty empty. Service was fast and quite attentive (lots of wine suggestions, how was your food, etc.). Food was delicious. Overall a great dining experience.

autobahnal likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by DELee
Oui! Oui!

David
def a first world problem, but I wish the Polaris restrooms were air conditioned !!
it makes a big help with comfort level, as well as with air circulation and flow / smell control in the restrooms!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
New menu

I like the wrap. Chicken was decent. Panna Cotta wasn't set (EWR was hard).
I'll try to post food photos later
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: MM FTL
Polaris lounge dulles

Flying first time from IAD terminal D in business. Can we use the polaris lounge which I assume this would be the nicer lounge. Dies it have shower facilities?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Charly61
Flying first time from IAD terminal D in business. Can we use the polaris lounge which I assume this would be the nicer lounge. Dies it have shower facilities?
Assuming you are ticketed on a long-haul international flight on United or a *A partner, then, yes. Domestic / Canada / short-haul (Central America, Mexico, the Caribbean, etc.) don’t count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.