Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Wifi Day Passes -- UA website showing exceptional value

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wi-Fi Day Pass

Plan ahead for your trip and purchase Wi-Fi access for your entire day of travel with Wi-Fi Day Pass. MileagePlus® members on single-passenger itineraries can purchase a day pass during Booking as well as on their Trip details page for Domestic and select International flights. Your Wi-Fi Day Pass will be linked to your MileagePlus account and will be ready to use in flight.

You can begin using your day pass one hour before your scheduled departure, and you’ll have access throughout your entire trip during the 24-hour period.
With Wi-Fi Day Pass, you can access messaging, email, web browsing, and VPN. Streaming is available on select aircraft type.
United Chase Cardmembers will receive a 25% statement credit on all subscription purchases including WiFi Day Pass

What if flight is delayed or schedule change?
If your delay is one hour or more, that time will be added to your Wi-Fi Day Pass; for delays of less than one hour, there will be no adjustment to your pass. If there’s a schedule change, your day pass will be transferred to the new date, time and route of your flight.Use of Day Pass T&Cs
  • A Wi-Fi Day Pass provides a limited license to access United’s onboard network on Wi-Fi equipped United aircraft.
  • A Wi-Fi Day Pass only applies to internet access on flights operated by United or United Express® that depart within the applicable subscription period and region. When using the internet on another airline, you will be subject to the other airline’s internet policies and fees.
  • Streaming is currently only available on our Viasat equipped aircraft.
  • After the limited term has expired, the Wi-Fi Day Pass representing this license can no longer be used and has no value.
  • Offer subject to change without notice.
Refund
  • Except as otherwise provided below, Wi-Fi day passes are non-refundable.
  • Purchasers of Wi-Fi Day Passes may receive a refund if:
    • The flight for which the day pass applies is canceled.
    • The flight for which the day pass applies is changed so that the aircraft does not provide access to Wi-Fi.
    • The Wi-Fi is not accessible for over 50% of time during the flights for which the day pass applies.
  • If any of the above referenced events occur, refunds for Wi-Fi Day Pass purchases are processed automatically once travel is completed.
  • Customers who are eligible to receive a refund for a Wi-Fi Day Pass purchase and who have not received the refund within two billing cycles of their scheduled flight departure can submit a request through united.com using the refund request form or by mail.
Wi-Fi performance and usage
  • Use of United Wi-Fi is subject to the inflight Wi-Fi terms and conditions.
  • Operating bandwidth is not guaranteed for any level of service purchased and is dependent on several factors including but not limited to the number of internet users on the aircraft and the number of aircraft in the nearby area. Satellite coverage may experience outages for reasons such as government regulations, weather and switching between satellite regions. Aircraft equipped with DIRECTV® and 737 aircraft will only have satellite coverage within the continental United States. On two-cabin regional aircraft, internet availability is limited to the continental U.S. and Canada. Learn more about our coverage around the world.
  • Day pass license may only be used by one passenger on a flight and on one device at a time.
  • The day pass licensee’s MileagePlus® number must be used when signing into the United Wi-Fi portal on board to use the day pass license.
  • United reserves the right to amend, cancel or modify these terms and conditions and pricing at any time without notice.
  • Day pass licenses may not be sold by anyone other than United. Any licenses sold by a party other than United are void, and United reserves the right to take any or all of the following actions in connection with a third-party sale or barter of a day pass license: 1) invalidate the license; 2) assess the traveler for the actual value of the services obtained through use of the license; 3) delete miles in the traveler’s MileagePlus account or take any other action permitted by the Rules for MileagePlus Program; and 4) take legal action against the traveler or third-party seller of the day pass license.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC

Not sure if this is new, but in the last two days I noticed for a tcon this week both legs (they are separate reservations) are showing promotions for a $5 wifi day pass. One way is a red-eye so skipping that one as hopefully I will be asleep, but for my 4:30pm return EWR-SFO thought it was a great value and purchased it. Given this seems to be closer to $30 the last few times I have been onboard thought I would share. Hopefully more of this stuff to come.
kirkwoodj, lsquare, Kacee and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good deal if the WIFI functional at reasonable level.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: 1K
I have a few transcon flights next month and am not particularly looking for the $5 day pass, but in the past I would get the offer and now nothing? Any idea on how to get the website to show the ability to buy a day pass?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Where is this promotion showing? Only on the website or on the app when looking at the reservation?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by VWang1111
Where is this promotion showing? Only on the website or on the app when looking at the reservation?
It's on the web, under My Trips --> Manage Trip. $5 for an upcoming 3hr flight for me too.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TomMM
Good deal if the WIFI functional at reasonable level.
I had a 3-hour UX flight. I paid $16 to GoGo to get some work done over the company VPN. What would typically take me 20-30 minutes at home took 2.5 hours since the wifi kept disconnecting.

I e-mailed GoGo expressing my displeasure.

GoGo e-mail #1: We can offer you a coupon for another free wifi session for your next flight.
My reply: No.
GoGo e-mail #2: We have processed your refund of $16.

I just wonder how many people stop at e-mail #1.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by seanp7
It's on the web, under My Trips --> Manage Trip. $5 for an upcoming 3hr flight for me too.
Looks like it may be only available on paid trips. I have an award trip coming up on UA, and day pass wifi option doesn't appear to be there.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Paid $10 for IAD-LAX last night on 787-8. Never seen a pass so cheap on a transcon. Internet also worked perfectly.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Showing $10 for my upcoming EWR-LAX, no offer for a separate LAX-EWR reservation.

How does this work anyways - if I buy it, do I get a code to redeem when I'm ready to redeem?

this is how it works:
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...-day-pass.html

I'm hoping that it will work on an earlier flight in the day on a separate positioning flight I have, but thanks for posting
adambadam likes this.

Last edited by BThumme; Oct 20, 2021 at 12:56 pm
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:50 pm

Showing $8 for my SFO to SEA for mid Nov.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seanp7
It's on the web, under My Trips --> Manage Trip
Where on the manage trip page does it show up?

I don't have an offer for my next upcoming trip in early Nov, paid F. I just have an award accelerator offer. I'm guessing it isn't for every reservation. Or I'm just incredibly dense and missing something but I hope that's not the case!
Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I don't have a UA wifi package so this was news to me. I see $5 as well on my trips, SFO-EWR, thanks so much OP for posting this. Excellent value indeed, and would not have known!

Originally Posted by thesun

I don't have an offer for my next upcoming trip in early Nov, paid F. I just have an award accelerator offer. I'm guessing it isn't for every reservation. Or I'm just incredibly dense and missing something but I hope that's not the case!
It's right above the flight info, you can't miss it. You probably don't have the offer if you can't see it. Looks like based on this thread, it looks like mainly targeted to transcons/longer flights
Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by thesun

It's right in the middle Under the "POPULAR WITH TRAVELERS LIKE YOU" where it tries to sell award accelerator, united club access, etc. I only saw it on one of my reservations - you are most likely looking in the right spot, it's just not being offered.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I don’t see anything on the APP, does anyone else see it there?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 2:04 pm

will the wifi day pass only work on that flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.