Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Wifi Day Passes -- UA website showing exceptional value

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wi-Fi Day Pass

Plan ahead for your trip and purchase Wi-Fi access for your entire day of travel with Wi-Fi Day Pass. MileagePlus® members on single-passenger itineraries can purchase a day pass during Booking as well as on their Trip details page for Domestic and select International flights. Your Wi-Fi Day Pass will be linked to your MileagePlus account and will be ready to use in flight.

You can begin using your day pass one hour before your scheduled departure, and you’ll have access throughout your entire trip during the 24-hour period.
With Wi-Fi Day Pass, you can access messaging, email, web browsing, and VPN. Streaming is available on select aircraft type.
United Chase Cardmembers will receive a 25% statement credit on all subscription purchases including WiFi Day Pass

What if flight is delayed or schedule change?
If your delay is one hour or more, that time will be added to your Wi-Fi Day Pass; for delays of less than one hour, there will be no adjustment to your pass. If there’s a schedule change, your day pass will be transferred to the new date, time and route of your flight.Use of Day Pass T&Cs
  • A Wi-Fi Day Pass provides a limited license to access United’s onboard network on Wi-Fi equipped United aircraft.
  • A Wi-Fi Day Pass only applies to internet access on flights operated by United or United Express® that depart within the applicable subscription period and region. When using the internet on another airline, you will be subject to the other airline’s internet policies and fees.
  • Streaming is currently only available on our Viasat equipped aircraft.
  • After the limited term has expired, the Wi-Fi Day Pass representing this license can no longer be used and has no value.
  • Offer subject to change without notice.
Refund
  • Except as otherwise provided below, Wi-Fi day passes are non-refundable.
  • Purchasers of Wi-Fi Day Passes may receive a refund if:
    • The flight for which the day pass applies is canceled.
    • The flight for which the day pass applies is changed so that the aircraft does not provide access to Wi-Fi.
    • The Wi-Fi is not accessible for over 50% of time during the flights for which the day pass applies.
  • If any of the above referenced events occur, refunds for Wi-Fi Day Pass purchases are processed automatically once travel is completed.
  • Customers who are eligible to receive a refund for a Wi-Fi Day Pass purchase and who have not received the refund within two billing cycles of their scheduled flight departure can submit a request through united.com using the refund request form or by mail.
Wi-Fi performance and usage
  • Use of United Wi-Fi is subject to the inflight Wi-Fi terms and conditions.
  • Operating bandwidth is not guaranteed for any level of service purchased and is dependent on several factors including but not limited to the number of internet users on the aircraft and the number of aircraft in the nearby area. Satellite coverage may experience outages for reasons such as government regulations, weather and switching between satellite regions. Aircraft equipped with DIRECTV® and 737 aircraft will only have satellite coverage within the continental United States. On two-cabin regional aircraft, internet availability is limited to the continental U.S. and Canada. Learn more about our coverage around the world.
  • Day pass license may only be used by one passenger on a flight and on one device at a time.
  • The day pass licensee’s MileagePlus® number must be used when signing into the United Wi-Fi portal on board to use the day pass license.
  • United reserves the right to amend, cancel or modify these terms and conditions and pricing at any time without notice.
  • Day pass licenses may not be sold by anyone other than United. Any licenses sold by a party other than United are void, and United reserves the right to take any or all of the following actions in connection with a third-party sale or barter of a day pass license: 1) invalidate the license; 2) assess the traveler for the actual value of the services obtained through use of the license; 3) delete miles in the traveler’s MileagePlus account or take any other action permitted by the Rules for MileagePlus Program; and 4) take legal action against the traveler or third-party seller of the day pass license.
Print Wikipost

Wifi Day Passes -- UA website showing exceptional value

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:59 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by seanp7
Try this:
  • Click 'Learn More' (for your F offer).
  • Go Back via the browser button.
  • Refresh.
Good idea -- tried it, but no difference...
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I've got $10 for LAX-IAD on a 787 on Monday. Debating, especially since I could expense it
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I've got $10 for LAX-IAD on a 787 on Monday. Debating, especially since I could expense it
how is there a debate here?! Do. It. Do. It.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SKYEG
how is there a debate here?! Do. It. Do. It.
I'm actually trying to avoid doing work, or really much of anything. I land at 4pm and have to be work at 1am, so I'm actually trying to rest as much as possible

BTW - return almost 2 weeks later on a 777 is showing $10 as well
SKYEG likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I'm actually trying to avoid doing work, or really much of anything. I land at 4pm and have to be work at 1am, so I'm actually trying to rest as much as possible

BTW - return almost 2 weeks later on a 777 is showing $10 as well
Buy it to just browse Flyertalk and bore yourself to sleep
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Doesn't appear for my upcoming reservation - possibly as I have partner flights on the same res?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Bad news? - my pass I purchased for my flight tomorrow was just refunded to me.

I was upgraded just now, maybe that has something to do with it? But I most certainly haven’t requested a refund.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:56 am

Looks like this will have to be fully operated by UA to qualify.

I had an offer to use the "Travel-Ready Center" and get free WiFi on a FRA-SFO ZA flight. I changed the flight to FMO-MUC-SFO, and the offer disappeared.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: United, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz, National
Does purchasing a wifi day pass count as an inflight purchase eligible for the 25% rebate for onboard purchases on the MP Explorer card? I know the day pass purchase is technically done on united.com, but was thinking the back-end transaction processing would be the same as if you purchased onboard the aircraft so Chase/Visa would be none the wiser.

If so, the pass could be an even greater value.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by radioactive
I had an offer to use the "Travel-Ready Center" and get free WiFi on a FRA-SFO ZA flight. I changed the flight to FMO-MUC-SFO, and the offer disappeared.
I got the same offer recently on CDG-EWR. It worked and I got a free Wifi pass for the full flight.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BasedinCLE
Does purchasing a wifi day pass count as an inflight purchase eligible for the 25% rebate for onboard purchases on the MP Explorer card? I know the day pass purchase is technically done on united.com, but was thinking the back-end transaction processing would be the same as if you purchased onboard the aircraft so Chase/Visa would be none the wiser.

If so, the pass could be an even greater value.
Yes, I prepaid two one-day Wifi passes and they did get processed by Chase as in-flight purchases.
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
I paid $8 for CLE-LAX last week, with the $8 credited by the Amex Plat card. It worked fairly well, Viasat, ~40Mbps down, but only 200Kbit up.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
I got an offer for $10 USD for my recent EWR-HNL flight and when I am ready to pay, it became $8. I paid it since the flight was super long.
The wifi speed was good too. I loved this price!!
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Question: confirming the day pass covers 24 hours from the start of activation of the 1st flight, correct? Some additional details and context below.

I have 2 "quick" flights on UA within 24 hours coming up next week, but they are on separate tix. If I purchase the day pass being from the 1st flight, in theory, it should work on the 2nd flight as well, correct?

I usually buy a monthly pass, as I often run into situations where I'd have 10-20 flights in a 30-day period, so no brainer spending 7,500 UA monopoly miles.

My most recent 30-day had just expired earlier this week, so I am in between (and also traveling on other airlines right now). I am not ready to start another 30-day period, since I have a bunch of UA flights in late March, which would be beyond the 30-day span.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I stopped seeing any of these offers Would be good to have one for next week's BOS-SFO-KOA trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.