UA amenity kits (2021 & onward)

Old Jun 10, 22, 1:31 am

Programs: United currently plat
Originally Posted by random.parts View Post
What does it say on the eye-mask? also, looks much cheaper and flimsier than the last ones they had - hope it isnt, I like collecting nice ones
Yea the eye mask is the cheapo kind theyʻve been giving out on Hawai‘i trips, the have silly sayings like #mind your own business or #calm and collected. Iʻll bring the original Polaris ones with me on trips from now on.

Originally Posted by cczzll View Post
I had heard of Sunday Riley before — but that's because I often shop at Sephora and other high-end beauty stores that carry the brand. It's decent, but there are better luxury skincare brands out there.
Aesop or nothing at all!
AtlLhr, benewr and random.parts like this.
Old Jun 11, 22, 7:45 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM/Lifetime UC, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
What does it say on the eye-mask? also, looks much cheaper and flimsier than the last ones they had - hope it isnt, I like collecting nice ones
Mine said "Airplane Mode". was comfy
random.parts likes this.
Old Jun 11, 22, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt explorist
Originally Posted by HopefulTraveller View Post
I`d like to be able to request ear plugs & eye mask if I forget my own. A small portion of mouth wash may be of more practical value than a toothbrush & paste, that could be useful! Pretty much everything else is a waste as far as I`m concerned but maybe not for others? I`d like 2 pillows (I loved the saks quality) and have noticed not everyone uses theirs, (nor the blankets) so maybe those could be on request too? The socks are simply too late, I put my own on before travelling, I don`t want to be bothered putting socks on on board a plane!
Cost of mouthwash is much greater than toothbrush and paste, so it is highly unlikely. Ever pay attention to hotels had not stocked mouthwash anymore even pre pandemic ? You used to see them fairly regularly even at Hilton and doubletree, now only suites have them or higher end brands like Conrad and WA. Even for Asian carriers, bottle of mouthwash in C/J amenity kits have mostly vanished

It is not about what is useful to passengers but how much a kit would cost for the airlines, if they can save 50 cents per kit they would
Pillows on request is a stupid idea, while you may see not everyone use theirs on your flight, what if everyone want to use theirs and the flight is fully booked but they don't stock enough of them ??? They are so bulky, where can they store them ?
Old Jun 12, 22, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, Hyatt*Globalist

Old Jun 17, 22, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG View Post
Cost of mouthwash is much greater than toothbrush and paste, so it is highly unlikely. Ever pay attention to hotels had not stocked mouthwash anymore even pre pandemic ? You used to see them fairly regularly even at Hilton and doubletree, now only suites have them or higher end brands like Conrad and WA. Even for Asian carriers, bottle of mouthwash in C/J amenity kits have mostly vanished

It is not about what is useful to passengers but how much a kit would cost for the airlines, if they can save 50 cents per kit they would
Pillows on request is a stupid idea, while you may see not everyone use theirs on your flight, what if everyone want to use theirs and the flight is fully booked but they don't stock enough of them ??? They are so bulky, where can they store them ?
The latter is a good point, it seemed to me that the front overhead lockers in PP were used to store bedding for Polaris. I am surprised that single portion of mouthwash is more expensive than a toothbrush and paste, but if it is, I get why it`s not offered.
Old Jul 1, 22, 11:05 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador; UA Gold
Are socks included in the Premium Plus kit?
Old Jul 1, 22, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by ARR72 View Post
Yes, purple and black in color. 😊
SPN Lifer and ARR72 like this.
Old Jul 2, 22, 12:57 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM
Earlier this week IAD - FRA - Polaris received the Premium Plus kits No more stock of Polaris kits!
Old Jul 2, 22, 1:17 am

Im curious. Do you use the socks in the kits?

I continue to be confused by them. I genuinely do not understand their inflight utility. Is it common for people to change socks mid-flight? I would think most* people have socks on before they board.

*with the exceptions of the ones who dislike wearing shoes, though the socks would seem to be of no interest to them anyway
Old Jul 2, 22, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Im curious. Do you use the socks in the kits?

I continue to be confused by them. I genuinely do not understand their inflight utility. Is it common for people to change socks mid-flight? I would think most* people have socks on before they board.

*with the exceptions of the ones who dislike wearing shoes, though the socks would seem to be of no interest to them anyway
While folks may have brought socks with them to fly, the intent for the socks in the amenity kits is to wear on board. Once flight is over, wearer's choice of what to do with them afterward.

David
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 22, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
Sock it to me!
dm6214 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 22, 8:22 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador; UA Gold
Originally Posted by SuiteFlyer View Post
Earlier this week IAD - FRA - Polaris received the Premium Plus kits No more stock of Polaris kits!
Away kits are gone? Well that didn’t last long…. Hopefully an isolated incident.
WheelsUpGal likes this.
Old Jul 2, 22, 9:21 am
Original Member

Programs: UA Platinum/1MM, AA PPro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SuiteFlyer View Post
Away kits are gone? Well that didn’t last long…. Hopefully an isolated incident.
Data point of one does not prove the totality of the situation.
Old Jul 13, 22, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum
There are variations of the new Away hard case amenity kit with the fabric zipper surround and the straps inside being different colors.

Question for those that have the new Away hard case - what do you plan to do with it or are you doing with it? I thought I might use it for electronic accessories but it opens completely so more opportunity for spillage than the current former amenity kit bag I'm using - a fabric zip pouch which holds more as our e-accessories only continue to grow....

Last edited by CApreppie; Jul 13, 22 at 6:43 pm
Old Jul 14, 22, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by CApreppie View Post
There are variations of the new Away hard case amenity kit with the fabric zipper surround and the straps inside being different colors.

Question for those that have the new Away hard case - what do you plan to do with it or are you doing with it? I thought I might use it for electronic accessories but it opens completely so more opportunity for spillage than the current former amenity kit bag I'm using - a fabric zip pouch which holds more as our e-accessories only continue to grow....
Yea, the case would be a winner for me if each side had mesh zipable internal covers on each side. The elastic bands don't hold much in place. On longer trips I might try to use to store energy bars, but it's pretty useless as a cable case.
I have some (very) old light grey cases with the internal mesh zipable inserts and they work great for storing different currencies (Although to be honest I rarely need to obtain foreign currency these days...). It's not useful for personal toiletries either.
Different color cases would be nice in order to be able to differentiate (in future personal use), but given the current design I'm leaving them on board...
CApreppie likes this.

Search this Thread