Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Old UA Club for GUM has re-opened, New UC in future?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2023, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Consolidated GUM connection time and logistics

Location: Concourse level East, between Gates 10 and 12, 4:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. daily (no showers)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2021, 5:41 am
Original Poster

In an oversight hearing a couple of days ago at the Guam Legislature, executives from the Guam Airport discussed ongoing capex projects to include a new UA Club that is nearing completion this quarter. The presenter discussed the UA Club will now overlook the Tamuning, Upper Tumon, Tumon area of the island. I could never understand why UA did not open the club at the peak of the summer rush, but having seen what I can see from the road, I can definitely see this happening. I originally thought this build out was part of the project separating arriving and departing passengers, but alas its a new UA Club. Any thoughts!? How exciting if this is true.
EWR764, SPN Lifer, ALGU and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by trust77
In an oversight hearing a couple of days ago at the Guam Legislature, executives from the Guam Airport discussed ongoing capex projects to include a new UA Club that is nearing completion this quarter. The presenter discussed the UA Club will now overlook the Tamuning, Upper Tumon, Tumon area of the island. I could never understand why UA did not open the club at the peak of the summer rush, but having seen what I can see from the road, I can definitely see this happening. I originally thought this build out was part of the project separating arriving and departing passengers, but alas its a new UA Club. Any thoughts!? How exciting if this is true.
Back in 2015, when airline rolled out the new remodel plan for the United Clubs, Guam was slated to be one of the first to receive the revamp. I guess this got delayed due to the current sterile corridor project. Prior to the closure, I remember hearing the Club staff mentioning showers possibly being added.

Doesn’t seem very United to not market an opening of the United Club when they’ve already announced the West Coast Polaris reopenings for 2022.

Last edited by ALGU; Oct 15, 2021 at 7:35 am
Old Oct 15, 2021, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Very exciting. The current UC is so small, that anything would be a great improvement.

Perhaps this presages a nonstop flight from GUM to the mainland (LAX or SFO) once the USMC buildup is complete?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Just passed by this week and some supplies in the old Flyer’s next to Gate 14. Hopefully it’s for the new Club!

Slightly less interesting, took off much closer to AAFB than usual. Flight was also piloted by two Captains!

SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by ALGU; Jul 13, 2022 at 2:56 pm
Old Apr 8, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA
Any updates on this UC?
Old Apr 8, 2023, 3:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
GUM UC is open, opened earlier 2023

see min review in Consolidated "United Club Access Questions" Thread
thejaredhuang likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
This is still the old United Club (UC). No word yet on the new GUM UC.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:54 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
This is still the old United Club (UC). No word yet on the new GUM UC.
Thanks for the update, reworked the title to make this clearer
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: DL Silver - 1MM, UA Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Thanks for these updates on GUM

Hoping to get to travel back to GUM soon, so I appreciate the update on the current (old) GUM United Club being reopened. From our GUM FTs and those traveling through GUM, any updates on potential new club would be appreciated.. tk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.