Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SIN-SFO UA1/2 resumed 5 Jan 2022, second SIN-SFO UA28/29 has resumed Oct 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
UA is adjusting schedules regularly and may have changed the SIN schedule recently.
Since service is "scheduled" to restart in January, you should see prices for January but if you were look for the second daily flight UA29/28 it is not available until late March

However any service by UA is dependent on SIN opening up
Apparently later this month, Singapore will be opening up to fully vaccinated Americans. You'll need to take a PCR test 48 hours before departure and at arrival. Hopefully, UA will now consider resuming its pre-COVID flight schedules to Singapore.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Singapore opens to Vaccinated US passengers on Oct 18 - When will UA fly to SIN?

Now that Singapore has announced opening to Us vaccinated passengers, hope UA will announce soon with resumption of flights to SIN.

unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
If they can get decent cargo I see the flights resuming - and they've got to find a plane to do the flying.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
If they can get decent cargo I see the flights resuming - and they've got to find a plane to do the flying.
Cargo is likely key. I’m looking forward to these flights resuming: cheap flights and lifetime miles makes me tingly. Plus, a single COVID test should cover the departure (if needed) and return.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Presently UA is scheduled to restart SFO-SIN UA1/2 on 4 Jan 2022 and a second UA28/29 end of March 2022
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Note that this is and will be only possible through specific designated VTL flights. So it’s not as simple as restarting UA service
flowerpowercat likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Presently UA is scheduled to restart SFO-SIN UA1/2 on 4 Jan 2022 and a second UA28/29 end of March 2022
Until UA makes a formal announcement (or maybe I missed it) - I just think January is a placeholder. I'm thinking about going Jan or Feb but hesitant to tie up thousands of dollars for biz class only to see it potentially go poof - I don't worry about a refund, it is the planning - work time off requests - hotel bookings, etc.....
Old Oct 9, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Can the 789 carry much cargo on such a long-range flight?
Old Oct 9, 2021, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dkc192
Depends on pax load. You can trade a pound below deck for a pound above deck all you want.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by gusd
Note that this is and will be only possible through specific designated VTL flights. So it’s not as simple as restarting UA service
And SQ is the only approved carrier that can carry VTL pax from the US.
flowerpowercat likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:52 pm

theres a cap of 3k travelers per day under VTL (across all the VTL countries), so it may not be good enough for UA to staff crew for the limited # of passengers on the flight (aka stay with cargo flights only, dump all the load via TYO

(during covid, UA/NH were often in the top5-10 lowest pricing for NYC-TYO-SIN, just another datapoint. Japan isn't on the VTL list though)

travelers from USA can go with SQ (nonstops from NYC/LAX), or travel via Europe (or any of the VTL countries) and take a nonstop VTL flight from those countries

unfortunately, SIN requires SmartHealth Card(CommonTrustNetwork) digital pass for USA (or UK NHS pass, or EU DCC cert)
https://www.commonhealth.org/smart-health-cards
If you were vaccinated in a state that is issuing SMART Health Cards, you can get a SMART Health Card from the state registry by following the links below:

California
Hawaii
Louisiana
New York (Please note: only Excelsior Pass Plus is compatible with CommonHealth)
Certain counties in Maryland: Calvert County, Carroll County, Charles County, St. Mary’s County, Talbot County, Wicomico County
Virginia

Retail pharmacy: Walmart/SamsClub, CVS, RiteAid, ExpressScripts

Doctors using MyChart(Epic), CernerHEaltheLife
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
VTL = Vaccinated Travel Lane

(As mentioned in the image contained in Post # 1.)
Old Oct 9, 2021, 10:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by paperwastage
theres a cap of 3k travelers per day under VTL (across all the VTL countries), so it may not be good enough for UA to staff crew for the limited # of passengers on the flight (aka stay with cargo flights only, dump all the load via TYO

(during covid, UA/NH were often in the top5-10 lowest pricing for NYC-TYO-SIN, just another datapoint. Japan isn't on the VTL list though)

travelers from USA can go with SQ (nonstops from NYC/LAX), or travel via Europe (or any of the VTL countries) and take a nonstop VTL flight from those countries

unfortunately, SIN requires SmartHealth Card(CommonTrustNetwork) digital pass for USA (or UK NHS pass, or EU DCC cert)
https://www.commonhealth.org/smart-health-cards
Do note that if you read the fine a ton of health providers outside of those states will provide barcodes.
https://www.commontrustnetwork.org/verifier-list
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:23 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lsquare
Apparently later this month, Singapore will be opening up to fully vaccinated Americans. You'll need to take a PCR test 48 hours before departure and at arrival. Hopefully, UA will now consider resuming its pre-COVID flight schedules to Singapore.
You need to fly on a designated 'Vaccinated Travel Lane' (VTL) flight to qualify for quarantine free arrival in Singapore. Currently, the only two designated VTL flights from the US are SQ23 from JFK and SQ37 from LAX. UA is not listed as one of the VTL carriers at the moment. Passengers will need to provide digital vaccination certification as well...easier to obtain in some states versus others.

All of this could change in the coming months of course. For the moment though, VTL rules are the following:
https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/sc-pr/vtl
Old Oct 10, 2021, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by dkc192
Ive seen them load five pallets at SIN into a sold out flight. I guess it depends what was in those pallets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.