Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SIN-SFO UA1/2 resumed 5 Jan 2022, second SIN-SFO UA28/29 has resumed Oct 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-SFO UA1/2 resumed 5 Jan 2022, second SIN-SFO UA28/29 has resumed Oct 2022

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Kacee
Have you looked at KrisFlyer award redemptions? Availability SFO-SIN is pretty open in February. There's currently a 15% transfer promo if you have transferable points (Amex, Chase, Citi, etc.).
Also transfers into KF count as elite-qualifying miles at a 5:1 ratio through February

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...tatus-credits/

which, depending how many miles someone planned to transfer in, might be a less frictional path to foreign-based *G than the AC match (if they were going to do it anyway I mean)
Kacee likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA, AS
I have not seen this confirmed elsewhere in this thread (appologies if I missed it) but UA has announced that the SFO-SIN flights will be VTL flights.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...l/notices.html

Singapore: Travel restrictions

Effective January 5, 2022, United will relaunch service between San Francisco and Singapore. United flights will operate in compliance with the Singapore Government’s Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) program whereby only vaccinated customers will be allowed to board United flights to Singapore. Under the VTL program, travelers are not required to undergo extended quarantine upon arrival in Singapore. All United flights to Singapore operate in compliance with the VTL program.

All United flights to Singapore operate in compliance with the VTL program. If you are connecting to Singapore on another airline and/or are traveling to Singapore prior to January 5, 2022, check with the operating carrier to determine if your itinerary includes a VTL or non-VTL flight and to review any other requirements of the operating carrier.

Customers will need to comply with the official requirements below to travel on a United flight to Singapore. All other Singapore visa and travel requirements apply.

Starting January 5, 2022, all travelers to Singapore must:
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
I have not seen this confirmed elsewhere in this thread (appologies if I missed it) but UA has announced that the SFO-SIN flights will be VTL flights.

as expected and Yes!!

Originally Posted by gusd
I think United will apply when it believes it will be able to fly the route profitably
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Then they will be late and leave money on the table.
Thankfully Smisek is gone, and UA is back sooner rather than later. However…

Now while they wait, hurry up and finish the 789 conversions!
Oops, screwed this up, prioritizing the wrong planes (788) for conversion and botching this during the pandemic while assets were underutilized. So when will SIN, the top Biz center for transpac, have guaranteed Polaris and PP?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Got my Christmas wish! YEAH!

Any suggestions on where to get the Travel insurance that is a minimum of SGD 30K?
kirkwoodj and Visconti like this.

Last edited by JNelson113; Nov 17, 2021 at 6:17 am
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by JNelson113

Any suggestions on where to get the Travel insurance that is a minimum of SGD 30K?
Literally, it took a once in a lifetime pandemic to get UA back into my good graces.
JNelson113 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:26 am

Good news, United has a VTL flight launching January 5th: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...l/notices.html
kirkwoodj and Visconti like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Visconti
Literally, it took a once in a lifetime pandemic to get UA back into my good graces.
:-D. Looking forward to SIN, while we both wait for HKG, right?
Visconti likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Fantastic re UA VTL! We've been booked for 11JAN departure for months ^^
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:49 am

Yes, and I fervently hope this saying, from Dumas, if I recall, "we live in hope, but die in despair," doesn't become HK's reality for us.
JNelson113 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by skimthetrees

Fantastic news!!!

as expected and Yes!!

Thankfully Smisek is gone, and UA is back sooner rather than later. However…

Oops, screwed this up, prioritizing the wrong planes (788) for conversion and botching this during the pandemic while assets were underutilized. So when will SIN, the top Biz center for transpac, have guaranteed Polaris and PP?
Weren't you the one that doubted UA would fly a VTL flight to SIN?

I would like to know about the COVID insurance as well. I'm assuming coverage of S$30k is mandatory? Have to show proof with border agents?

Originally Posted by Visconti
Yes, and I fervently hope this saying, from Dumas, if I recall, "we live in hope, but die in despair," doesn't become HK's reality for us.
HKG will take a while. I posted a link in the HK forum. Long story short, the HK government doesn't expect the border to open up until summer 2022.
JNelson113 and Visconti like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting that the vaccine proof requirement for the US is either that your state provide a digital record (like CA and NY), or you need to have a signed note from your doctor attesting to your status. That seems like it's going to be a huge inconvenience for people from the 45+ states that don't provide any digital evidence.

Also I see there's a quarantine requirement until your on-arrival PCR results come through. Anyone know if they have a setup for rapid PCR results at the airport?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:15 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lsquare
I would like to know about the COVID insurance as well. I'm assuming coverage of S$30k is mandatory? Have to show proof with border agents?
You get a short list of providers when you go through the process, though they make clear that it's a sample and not required that you buy from those particular ones. I'll see if I can find the link. For my 5-day trip coming up, it was ~S$23 or so from two of them and much more from the 3rd.

EDIT: https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/health/travelinsurance
JNelson113, kirkwoodj and lsquare like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Having just return from Singapore yesterday after a ten-day visit, I will share my experience and information on visiting Singapore during Covid in the Singapore Forum rather than here in the United specific forum.

Fantastic news!!!
Weren't you the one that doubted UA would fly a VTL flight to SIN?
I was the one that is skeptical based on being in Singapore for the past ten days based on what I have seen on the ground in terms of restrictions and demands, but I am happy that UA is moving this forward.

My flight back to US yesterday via NRT (NH and UA) were about less than 1/3 full yesterday.

I had S$30K insurance coverage under my employment plan, but no one checked the paper work I was ready to present when I entered Singapore.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Nov 17, 2021 at 12:07 pm
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:29 pm

First, it was me who contacted United executives a week ago when they still had no clue about VTL whatsoever. Second, the update only shows United is willing to play the VTL game, it doesn't mean approval, after all. The daily quota is the bigger problem.
JNelson113 and lsquare like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by freedom2020
First, it was me who contacted United executives a week ago when they still had no clue about VTL whatsoever. Second, the update only shows United is willing to play the VTL game, it doesn't mean approval, after all. The daily quota is the bigger problem.
Then all the near-term UA flyers to SIN owe you gratitude...and UA has now less than 2 months to be ready to be VTL operational.

David
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.