Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Singapore opens to Vaccinated US passengers on Oct 18 - UA1/2 started 5 Jan 2022

Singapore opens to Vaccinated US passengers on Oct 18 - UA1/2 started 5 Jan 2022

Old Dec 30, 21, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by Lori_Q View Post
I'm hoping the same for my upgrade chances on January 31 and February 8. However, reading down the thread, I realized I should be concerned about the cancellation of my return UA SIN-SFO flight.

Oh well. Traveling is a privilege, not a right. As anxious as I am to get to those banana fritters at Maxwell Food Centre, they're not worth the possibility of getting stuck halfway around the world.
I'll need to put those on my list - I've been dreaming of the yong tau foo curry laksa and fresh sugarcane juice at the Ang Mo Kio hawker center.
Lori_Q and FlyerEC like this.
Old Dec 31, 21, 9:04 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM/Lifetime UC, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Have cancelled my trip in less than 2 weeks from now hope someone gets to enjoy an upgrade!
Old Dec 31, 21, 9:28 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj View Post
Have cancelled my trip in less than 2 weeks from now hope someone gets to enjoy an upgrade!
😕 Do keep safe and well

Join in the SIN DO virtually anyway

Blessed 2022 ‼️
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 31, 21, 3:36 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, Star Alliance Gold
Has anyone seen the thread on Business Insider? I'm booked on SFO-SIN on the VTL flight next week, though can't seem to find any information on the UA website stating that the re-launch has been pushed back.

https://www.businessinsider.com/inside-united-airline-strategy-to-become-us-flag-carrier-2022-2021-12"Singapore has suspended new ticket sales on vaccinated travel lane flights amid spikes in COVID-19 cases through January 20, 2022. United, as a result, has pushed back its relaunch date for the route from January 5, 2022, to January 19, 2022."
Old Dec 31, 21, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
So far UA still says 05 January 2022: Singapore

David
Old Dec 31, 21, 3:47 pm

Checked EF and all fare classes completely zeroed out until the 19th which is the first date that now has availability.
Old Jan 1, 22, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by localkinegrindz View Post
Has anyone seen the thread on Business Insider? I'm booked on SFO-SIN on the VTL flight next week, though can't seem to find any information on the UA website stating that the re-launch has been pushed back.

https://www.businessinsider.com/inside-united-airline-strategy-to-become-us-flag-carrier-2022-2021-12"Singapore has suspended new ticket sales on vaccinated travel lane flights amid spikes in COVID-19 cases through January 20, 2022. United, as a result, has pushed back its relaunch date for the route from January 5, 2022, to January 19, 2022."
I saw a discussion of this in another place and the consensus was that the reporter was confused and that the flight will go on January 5th.
Old Jan 4, 22, 8:14 am

If anyone is going on this flight tomorrow, please report here as to how it goes and how the entry to Singapore is. Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 22, 4:08 am

No cancellation so far for the Jan 8th flight, will report back!
JNelson113 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 22, 6:44 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM/Lifetime UC, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Today's flight still going
JNelson113 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 22, 5:42 pm

My daughter was on this flight. Out the door in 50 min from landing. Super fast and smooth.
Old Jan 6, 22, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by freedom2020 View Post
My daughter was on this flight. Out the door in 50 min from landing. Super fast and smooth.
Fantastic! Do you mind updating how long it takes her to get her covid test results? Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 22, 11:47 pm

Just got negative result a few min ago. 7 hours from landing.
JNelson113 and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jan 7, 22, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JNelson113 View Post
Fantastic! Do you mind updating how long it takes her to get her covid test results? Thanks!
If you're positive they apparently call you, rather than email, to implement the quarantine order. Have had it happen recently to friends on VTL flights... Seems to be a rather large number of people testing negative on departure and positive on arrival at SIN, at least anecdotally. Not sure if they're catching it in transit or if Singapore is running PCRs differently than countries like US/UK (as they did in the past).
Old Jan 7, 22, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by marks88 View Post
If you're positive they apparently call you, rather than email, to implement the quarantine order. Have had it happen recently to friends on VTL flights... Seems to be a rather large number of people testing negative on departure and positive on arrival at SIN, at least anecdotally. Not sure if they're catching it in transit or if Singapore is running PCRs differently than countries like US/UK (as they did in the past).
Do you mind sharing what's the "large number"?

Search this Thread