Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SIN-SFO UA1/2 resumed 5 Jan 2022, second SIN-SFO UA28/29 has resumed Oct 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-SFO UA1/2 resumed 5 Jan 2022, second SIN-SFO UA28/29 has resumed Oct 2022

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by freedom2020
The daily quota is the bigger problem.
it's been increasing slowly, everytime new countries get added (malaysia, then india/Indonesian/...)
will be increased to 10k daily now.

the 13 VTL countries account for 15% of pre-covid traffic, but with quotas will be 5%

UA jan 5-7 doesnt show up (maybe sold out), Jan 8 onwards is available. Jan 5 shows up if doing NYC-SFO-SIN, regular E/PE seatmap looks light while E+ is 70%+ full (but BE may mean seats not chosen)

After that, seems like United isn't pricing the VTL flight more than the typical fare (it's $40 ow/$80 rt cheaper than the ANA JV fare via NRT due to BE)

Last edited by paperwastage; Nov 17, 2021 at 5:16 pm
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Looks like UA adjusted SFO-SIN schedule, now 4x weekly

Code:
UA 001  1356 SFO I SIN 3  2230    0740+2 0 10JAN22 21JAN22 789 17:10
UA 002  2357 SIN 3 SFO    1010    0850   0 09JAN22 13FEB22 789 14:40

Last edited by gokeeper; Nov 17, 2021 at 6:01 pm
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by freedom2020
First, it was me who contacted United executives a week ago when they still had no clue about VTL whatsoever.
You're my hero! Many thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Anyone here noticing that Google Flights are showing inflated pricing compared to UA.com?

Didn't UA operate two flights per day to SIN pre-COVID? I'm assuming that the second flight remains shelved indefinitely? Does anyone here remember the flight number?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Anyone here noticing that Google Flights are showing inflated pricing compared to UA.com?

Didn't UA operate two flights per day to SIN pre-COVID? I'm assuming that the second flight remains shelved indefinitely? Does anyone here remember the flight number?
UA 28/29, won't back anytime soon, consider UA 1/2 are at 4x weekly.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
UA 28/29
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Doppy
Also I see there's a quarantine requirement until your on-arrival PCR results come through. Anyone know if they have a setup for rapid PCR results at the airport?
On arrival you will go straightaway to Changi's onsite PCR test after clearing customs. From there you must self-isolate at your residence or hotel until receiving the results via email/SMS. The results can take up to 24 hours but in practice it is usually around a 5-6 hour turnaround. So as long as you plan to be isolated during that relatively short waiting period, as soon as you receive the negative result you are released from the compulsory self-isolation.

May sound complicated and/or intimidating, but in practice, for those of us who have been doing the VTL thing for the past few months, it's very efficient and easy.
JNelson113 and lsquare like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Looks like UA adjusted SFO-SIN schedule, now 4x weekly

Code:
UA 001 1356 SFO I SIN 3 2230 0740+2 0 10JAN22 21JAN22 789 17:10
UA 002 2357 SIN 3 SFO 1010 0850 0 09JAN22 13FEB22 789 14:40
Yup my SFO-SIN leg got cancelled
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazycrab955
On arrival you will go straightaway to Changi's onsite PCR test after clearing customs. From there you must self-isolate at your residence or hotel until receiving the results via email/SMS. The results can take up to 24 hours but in practice it is usually around a 5-6 hour turnaround. So as long as you plan to be isolated during that relatively short waiting period, as soon as you receive the negative result you are released from the compulsory self-isolation.

May sound complicated and/or intimidating but in practice, for those of us who have been doing the VTL thing for the past few months, it's very efficient and easy.
After such a long flight, what can I do about food? I'm guessing if I want to stay compliant with the law, I can only buy food at the hotel until the result comes back negative?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:03 pm

After such a long flight, what can I do about food? I'm guessing if I want to stay compliant with the law, I can only buy food at the hotel until the result comes back negative?
Yes, you could have room service, or have food delivery (Grab, Deliveroo) sent to your room. By the time your isolation ends, you should have received the "vaccinated" green tick in your TraceTogether app, which will allow you to go indoors to restaurants or shopping centres.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:04 pm

[deleted/duplicate]
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, you could have room service, or have food delivery (Grab, Deliveroo) sent to your room. By the time your isolation ends, you should have received the "vaccinated" green tick in your TraceTogether app, which will allow you to go indoors to restaurants or shopping centres.
I'm not even allowed to buy food from the airport before taking the train to the hotel?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I stayed at the Yotel at the Jewel (connected to the airport) for a night while waiting for my PCR test result and vaccination status to turn green. I ordered delivery through Grab and the food was delivered to the room.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I stayed at the Yotel at the Jewel (connected to the airport) for a night while waiting for my PCR test result and vaccination status to turn green. I ordered delivery through Grab and the food was delivered to the room.
How long did you have to wait for the test results to arrive? Did you get a notification in the app? Too bad Yotel is a different brand. I prefer to stay with either Hyatt, Marriott, or Hilton.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:30 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
I'm not even allowed to buy food from the airport before taking the train to the hotel?
These general Singapore questions should be discussed on the Singapore board. Time to receive PCR results etc are already answered there. Wrt to transport, you are not permitted to take the train - only private car hire.

"After taking the COVID-19 PCR test, travellers are to immediately take private transportation, taxi, or private hire car (e.g. GrabSHN, Go-Jek, Ryde, MVL(TADA), via the respective providers’ apps) from the airport to their declared place of accommodation."
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.