Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Extent of future relationship between United and Hertz changing?

Extent of future relationship between United and Hertz changing?

Old Nov 1, 2021, 3:39 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Are the UA rates better than Costco? As mentioned upthread I sort have been locked into my corporate rate and Hertz. Wondering if it’s even worth browsing any other options
Too early to tell and it usually depends on the situation. If you want to know for sure, just book with your Hertz corporate rate and then track your reservation with AutoSlash. It takes 2 minutes and it's free, and you'll have peace of mind knowing your whether corporate rate is best...or not. Note that we do search for Costco discounts and all others that you qualify for.

EDIT: We just did some quick testing and the UA rates with Avis & Budget appear to be identical to the rates for ABG's other airline partners. The Costco rates seem significantly better in just about all of the cases we tried.
uastarflyer and DELee like this.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Nov 1, 2021 at 3:52 pm
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by shdflyer
So basically we are right back where we started? I have the PresidentialPlus card and a benefit was AVIS PresidentsClub membership....which oddly even with the switchover to Hertz a few years back was still active for me.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
So basically we are right back where we started? I have the PresidentialPlus card and a benefit was AVIS PresidentsClub membership....which oddly even with the switchover to Hertz a few years back was still active for me.
Thatís becauseÖ.they try harder.

Good night everyone!
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I too have stuck with Hertz because of the PC benefit. Pricing always seemed in line, but the biggest factor was convenience. Hertz made it super easy to grab a car and go. Show your license at the gate and you were off. Hassle free returns as well, never looked close for damage…compared to Enterprise with their little damage tool…. I just rented from Budget in LAS as Hertz was sold out….and it was very old fashioned…..large paper contracts, damage forms, just more work…and that’s Fastbreak too. I’ll miss Hertz, and hope UA will pick a decent replacement.
Starman likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
That’s because….they try harder.

Say goodnight Gracie!

Good night everyone!
David
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Any replacement?

I used to love Hertz.. I walked from home to the hotel where Hertz was, goodness, I was spoiled by that location. They really went out of their way to make people happy. Then Hertz shut down its location and the nearest one is now five miles away.

And it sucks.

United's ads and explanation initially gave me the impression there'd be a replacement car rental company.. so I kind of had my hopes high.. but that wording is no longer there.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Wiggums
.... United's ads and explanation initially gave me the impression there'd be a replacement car rental company.. so I kind of had my hopes high.. but that wording is no longer there.
United and Avis ink new partnership
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That's helpful.. I didn't know it was status, thanks! I was led to believe it was just "up to 35%" discount (which is almost always zero in my case when I compare websites).
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Is Avis gonna get me three hots and a cot in the pen like Hertz is doing for its best customers? If not, I'm out.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
And the upgrade to President's Club (for certain UA and Chase cardholders) is working out very well for me. A Florida 'intermediate' booking resulted in a Denali and a VW Golf rental in Toronto recently became a BMW 330ix.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amtrak select, Marriott platinum
About to do my first rental car of 2023. Logged into my Hertz account and it's still showing President's Circle, which I had through 1K status. The Hertz interface is terrible, and so I can't actually see what my numbers were last year, but there's no way I met the 15 rentals and $3,000. (It's possible I hit the 10 rentals/$2,000).

So I guess the question is, are others seeing the same? Deciding whether I can trust it...
Old Mar 13, 2023, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IADflyer1825
About to do my first rental car of 2023. Logged into my Hertz account and it's still showing President's Circle, which I had through 1K status. The Hertz interface is terrible, and so I can't actually see what my numbers were last year, but there's no way I met the 15 rentals and $3,000. (It's possible I hit the 10 rentals/$2,000).

So I guess the question is, are others seeing the same? Deciding whether I can trust it...
It was extended to June 2023. Do 2 rentals by June 30 and youíll get another year.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
It was extended to June 2023. Do 2 rentals by June 30 and youíll get another year.
Thanks for the heads up. Have had some really bad Avis experiences and am happy to know I can hold onto PC with HertzÖ
Old Mar 13, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Nice, thanks for that. I had no idea.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Do you have a link for that at all? I'd like to see the details to make sure that I can qualify as one rental will be in US and I will just rent a car for a day in the UK. I also wonder if it applies to points plus money rentals too. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.