Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Cocktails with UA leaders -- Fall 2021 at various UA hubs (w/ mileage donation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2021, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
DEN -- 21 Sept at 54thirty, Denver’s highest open‑air, seasonal rooftop bar at Le Méridien Denver Downtown.
NYC -- 28 Sept at Pier 61.
SFO -- 5 October at Hotel Via rooftop bar.
ORD -- 12 Oct at RPM Seafood
IAD/DCA -- 19 Oct at ???
LAX - November 15 at E.P. & L.P. Rooftop Bar in West Hollywood
Print Wikipost

Cocktails with UA leaders -- Fall 2021 at various UA hubs (w/ mileage donation)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2021, 7:05 am
DEN
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
United Denver Meriden MP Cocktail Invite

Anyone else get this?

”Join us for an exclusive evening with your local MileagePlus community.

DEN, please join us for an evening at 54thirty, Denver’s highest open‑air, seasonal rooftop bar at Le Méridien Denver Downtown. You're one of our most‑valued Premier® members, and to show our appreciation, you're invited to a cocktail reception on Tuesday, September 21, where you'll meet and mingle with our leaders and fellow Premier members.

For a donation of 1,000 miles, you and a guest will enjoy complimentary hors d'oeuvres and cocktails at 54thirty, known for their focus on crafted cocktails and globally‑inspired bites. Your donation will support World Central Kitchen, an organization which uses the power of food to nourish communities and strengthen economies through times of crisis and beyond.

Space is limited, so please RSVP by September 14 using the link below. Complimentary parking will be available. “

I’n guessing it’s targeted but there is the link: https://news.united.com/pub/cc?_ri_=...of08pmitrn07g0

The last United Denver event I attended was the launch of inflight Polaris and airport lounges…..and it’s still not complete!

DEN
Old Sep 2, 2021, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I can get to the order page by using the link above, but as soon as I click to a different page, I can't get back to it.

Regardless, I have better things to do on a Tuesday night than try to fight traffic to downtown.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
I received it, but have no interest in going.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 10:17 am

If anyone is interested in going as a single, PM me if you want to split it. I'd be interested in going single just for the views and open bar.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I went to a similar event in Chicago a few years ago. Rooftop venue at a boutique hotel. Basically, 1,000 miles for an open bar, heavy hors d’œuvres and a chance to chat up some UA execs.
alchemista likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
I would be interested but only a lowly Silver so cannot get to the page. I will send alcemista a PM.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your donation will support World Central Kitchen,
What does "support" mean exactly? For every 1,000mi donation, 1,000 miles will be credited to someone at World Central Kitchen's choosing? Or is it converted to a cash donation somehow?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I wish they would come to GUM.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 5:38 am

Deleted. I misread my dates — RSVP for NYC is 9/21.

Last edited by Micp3208; Sep 12, 2021 at 9:13 am
Old Sep 12, 2021, 7:49 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Micp3208
It is interesting that the Newark/New York area event is being held on the same date though invites came much later. Some may say why bother, I say it is a good excuse for a close-to-free night in NYC (or in this post’s case, Denver).
Isn’t the NYC event on 9/28?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:14 am

Good thing you were paying attention — I was looking at it for 9/21 — the deadline to purchase. Thanks for looking out!!!

While on the topic - has anyone been to these before? This will be my first time — other than the Polaris event years ago.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:36 am

Has anybody received the contact from the event people on this? Supposedly they were supposed to reach out to me within 48 hours after purchase and I haven't heard anything still. I emailed the contact address 4 days ago and again today, and nothing still. I'm concerned about going without the confirmation they said I should receive about a guest list.

Is anybody going to this by chance and driving to Denver from the south (like from COS, Monument, Castle Rock)? If so, please PM me about possible ride share.

**update: after me emailing again today, I got a fast response saying I'm confirmed and they don't need any extra information for me. So much for them needing guest names and confirmations like it says in the terms!

Thank you!

Last edited by alchemista; Sep 20, 2021 at 10:57 am
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Got the same invite for NYC -- but not going to make it. Ah well.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by DEN
Anyone else get this?

”Join us for an exclusive evening with your local MileagePlus community.

DEN, please join us for an evening at 54thirty, Denver’s highest open‑air, seasonal rooftop bar at Le Méridien Denver Downtown. You're one of our most‑valued Premier® members, and to show our appreciation, you're invited to a cocktail reception on Tuesday, September 21, where you'll meet and mingle with our leaders and fellow Premier members.

For a donation of 1,000 miles, you and a guest will enjoy complimentary hors d'oeuvres and cocktails at 54thirty, known for their focus on crafted cocktails and globally‑inspired bites. Your donation will support World Central Kitchen, an organization which uses the power of food to nourish communities and strengthen economies through times of crisis and beyond.

Space is limited, so please RSVP by September 14 using the link below. Complimentary parking will be available. “

I’n guessing it’s targeted but there is the link: https://news.united.com/pub/cc?_ri_=...of08pmitrn07g0

The last United Denver event I attended was the launch of inflight Polaris and airport lounges…..and it’s still not complete!

DEN
Originally Posted by alchemista
If anyone is interested in going as a single, PM me if you want to split it. I'd be interested in going single just for the views and open bar.
For anyone going... as a frequent DEN user, I'd love to hear more about what UA is planning to do with the UC situation there:

- how long will the East club be OOS? Is it a renovation? In two trips to DEN since it closed, the West club is full, with lines to get in, during banks (I didn't bother either time... delay and tight connection once, Centurion the other)
- is the West club going to follow?
- is UA planning to open a temporary/pop-up during the closure?
- is there going to be a United Club on the A concourse when UA moves into its new gates?

I never try to turn these meet-and-greets into complaintfests, but given the opportunity, I like to bend UA staffers' ears with some positively-framed, constructive feedback, so if they are reporting to a superior, they can say "we heard a lot about X, Y, Z, etc." These days I want to continue to draw attention to improving inflight service, too.

I'll be at the NYC event to bang the drum as well, though I have my own list of EWR-specific concerns...
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:38 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Anyone have the NY link?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.