Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I'm not sure why anyone would assume aircraft and schedules for May 2023 are likely not to change on a domestic route.
Just had to ask...
Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Hyatt Something-ist, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Is there a reason that this is still marketed at "United Business" even without the p.s. equipment (beyond "because we can")? I'm on SFO-BOS currently and the F service is bog-standard $5/btl wine and domestic entree with a sad fruit bowl and a cold roll. I can understand not wanting to commit the hard product.... but surely they could at least cater it decently?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by JeredF
Is there a reason that this is still marketed at "United Business" even without the p.s. equipment (beyond "because we can")? I'm on SFO-BOS currently and the F service is bog-standard $5/btl wine and domestic entree with a sad fruit bowl and a cold roll. I can understand not wanting to commit the hard product.... but surely they could at least cater it decently?
Catering on transcon flights between JFK/EWR and LAX/SFO...hardly anything to write home about; in fact, I would take other domestic F flights food (not great either) over whatever they call food on transcon routes. You are not missing anything.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Hyatt Something-ist, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Catering on transcon flights between JFK/EWR and LAX/SFO...hardly anything to write home about; in fact, I would take other domestic F flights food (not great either) over whatever they call food on transcon routes. You are not missing anything.
Ah, so the sundae is not back? A shame. This is just still the same catering I had ORD-RNO last week -- no salad, no ice cream, bad wine. This route is pricing at $2k++ for J, so I figured they'd.... offer something better? At least the new 737 MAX 8s have Wifi that actually works! (Hopefully they have pitot tubes that work too.)
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:29 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Ah, so the sundae is not back? A shame.
Dessert on the "premium" transcons is a prepackaged Eli's cheesecake lol
EWR764 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
Ah, so the sundae is not back? A shame. This is just still the same catering I had ORD-RNO last week -- no salad, no ice cream, bad wine. This route is pricing at $2k++ for J, so I figured they'd.... offer something better? At least the new 737 MAX 8s have Wifi that actually works! (Hopefully they have pitot tubes that work too.)
Wifi has been fast on the new Maxes. Pitot tube - don't jinx us!
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
J is overpriced at ~$3.5k RT in Nov as if it was PS service.

Guess UA is expecting a premium for non-stop on 752 and 738M. Connecting in EWR on a 77W to a 738/739 is still pricing ~$2.5k RT

I am a UA loyalist, but B6 may be getting my business on this route. Half the price for a non-stop layflat throne seat with door.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 10:13 pm

This still the case? Have an end of Nov flight in J and wondering if we can use the UC in SFO.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
If the SFO-BOS flight is not marketed as Polaris Business service, it does not bestow United Club eligibility even if the aircraft happens to have Polaris seats and the word "Polaris" on the forward bulkhead. Sorry.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Shaetan
This still the case? Have an end of Nov flight in J and wondering if we can use the UC in SFO.
if your board pass shows business, instead of United First, you can access UC on both ends.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Shaetan
Yes, you have access in BOS and in SFO. This still counts as 'PS' in many ways, including club access ... irrespective if it a 739 or a 752 flying the route.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 8:04 am

Thanks all.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:32 pm

Well, my lie-flat on Dec 19th has disappeared. (BOS to SFO)

There are no flights that day showing lie-flats. I suppose we are delayed again!
Old Nov 13, 2022, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gsalem94122
Well, my lie-flat on Dec 19th has disappeared. (BOS to SFO)

There are no flights that day showing lie-flats. I suppose we are delayed again!
flights are still showing 752 with lie-flat for me ... where do you see it is otherwise?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by SF_DUKE
J is overpriced at ~$3.5k RT in Nov as if it was PS service.

Guess UA is expecting a premium for non-stop on 752 and 738M. Connecting in EWR on a 77W to a 738/739 is still pricing ~$2.5k RT

I am a UA loyalist, but B6 may be getting my business on this route. Half the price for a non-stop layflat throne seat with door.
Made that choice last week and did not regret it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.