Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

BOS-SFO was PS, was Business, now First, UC no/yes?, service levels? summer no 752s

Old Jun 12, 2024, 3:14 pm

Meaning can a non-member get access to the United Club by flying first class from BOS-SFO/LAS or vice versa? Years ago when this was considered "P.S.", that worked. But, when they removed that designation from this route, I thought they removed United Club access? I can't test it because I have a membership now.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by BOS 1K Flyer
Meaning can a non-member get access to the United Club by flying first class from BOS-SFO/LAS or vice versa? Years ago when this was considered "P.S.", that worked. But, when they removed that designation from this route, I thought they removed United Club access? I can't test it because I have a membership now.
You mean LAX?

BOS - LAX has long been axed from premium transcon list.

BOS - SFO, while not officially on the list, people have had recent success.

Yes, premium transcon UC access does not require membership status if ticketed up front.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 6:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Repooc17
You mean LAX?

BOS - LAX has long been axed from premium transcon list.

BOS - SFO, while not officially on the list, people have had recent success.

Yes, premium transcon UC access does not require membership status if ticketed up front.
Follow-up question: anecdotally, has anyone had recent success accessing the UC when transiting after the first flight (e.g., BOS > SFO > XXX)? In other words, accessing a UC not just at the point of departure but also at SFO (in this example)?
Old Jun 13, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BOSskier
Follow-up question: anecdotally, has anyone had recent success accessing the UC when transiting after the first flight (e.g., BOS > SFO > XXX)? In other words, accessing a UC not just at the point of departure but also at SFO (in this example)?
Not for BOS-SFO, but EWR-SFO, been able to access at both ends. However if EWR-SFO-XXX, then not at XXX (AA Flagship would allow you to access AC at XXX)
SPN Lifer and BOSskier like this.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM.
Yes, but early May. SFO-BOS. (Opposite...)

Accessed the BOS United Club while waiting BOS to PVC on Cape Air. I tested this with the husband that does not have a UC membership. They let him in with a First class SFO-BOS ticket.
Old Jul 13, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM *Alliance Gold
United club access Boston with United first to SFO?

Hello,
Does United still allow United Club entry with a United first ticket BOS-SFO?
Previously this was a perk, but not sure if it's still offered.
Thanks
Old Jul 13, 2024, 9:11 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by rockrich
Hello,
Thanks
no, itís been a few years since this was the case
Old Jul 13, 2024, 9:55 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rockrich
Hello,
Thanks
Originally Posted by unitedwildcat
no, itís been a few years since this was the case
While it may go away at any time, latest reports this SFO-BOS UC access is still offered and regularly has been for years.
Old Jul 13, 2024, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 4.4MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
A few weeks ago at the BOS UC, my agent friend told me it was still OK, but would end soon (no date given). In better news, the 757-200 return is still slated for October 27, and has not slipped as it had been doing all spring.
Old Jul 13, 2024, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Surprisingly, UA is still showing 752s for the winter schedule BOS-SFO. Had a few schedule changes and a schedule update for December last night ... still showing 752 for my flights starting 10/27 (I am flying ON 10/27). It would certainly be an exciting change - so far holding off booking more till it gets closer to October ...
telemark27 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2024, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM+, Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Platinum, & Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BOSskier
Originally Posted by gsalem94122
Yes, but early May. SFO-BOS. (Opposite...)

Accessed the BOS United Club while waiting BOS to PVC on Cape Air. I tested this with the husband that does not have a UC membership. They let him in with a First class SFO-BOS ticket.
Confirming what a few others noted with emphasis I do this regularly (BOS-SFO-SIN are my home/offices), I often will pop into SFO club to charge up, do a call or other before the trek into office locally or transit to next destination. Same on way back if (always) we get in early and traffic in tunnel and Pike is miserable.
BOSskier likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2024, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by telemark27
Confirming what a few others noted with emphasis I do this regularly (BOS-SFO-SIN are my home/offices), I often will pop into SFO club to charge up, do a call or other before the trek into office locally or transit to next destination. Same on way back if (always) we get in early and traffic in tunnel and Pike is miserable.
One more data point, although maybe not needed: my partner, with no UA status, was able to access the club both leaving BOS and at arrival in SFO flying paid J just a few weeks ago. Hopefully this sticks for some time to come, as it's certainly incentive to fly UA (and J at that).
telemark27 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, MM
I am pretty sure my upgrade today SFO-BOS was via CPU. It never occurred to me (until seeing this thread) that lounge access might be included. Is it? Or only paid?
Old Jul 14, 2024, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lancelot21
I am pretty sure my upgrade today SFO-BOS was via CPU. It never occurred to me (until seeing this thread) that lounge access might be included. Is it? Or only paid?
You got a CPU SFO-BOS????? Buy a lottery ticket! Yes, this comes with Club access, but youíll have access to the MLL in SFO anyway, although that is further from the UA departure gates.
Old Jul 14, 2024, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, MM
Originally Posted by cfischer
You got a CPU SFO-BOS????? Buy a lottery ticket! Yes, this comes with Club access, but youíll have access to the MLL in SFO anyway, although that is further from the UA departure gates.
Well, I did feel like I won the lottery! Two days ago, business was full, with me #1 on the upgrade list. Then I looked yesterday, and there were four unbooked seats. Hurrah! Cleared last night.
tstauck likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.